Do you get scared?

Seth_Erebor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As much as Airsoft can sting, the pain factor fades after time. 

Most of you here have played for several years now, can you recall a situation where you forgot it was a game and the cold sweat of fear hit you?

Is immersion important to you?

Yeah, last man standing in a building, crouched in the corner with a gun pointed at the doorway.

Was also very aware that it was close range, people were on full auto, and I had no lower mesh.

• Supporters

Fear is a powerful weapon. Love using against people. You can create such a tension and play with some people, but you have to judge it right. 

Personally, never been scared. A few bastards have made me jump, but that’s awesome, means they have done something exceptional.

Suppressing fire is brilliant! The sound of BBs hitting the cover around just keeps your head down. 

If the other teams starts to take your teammates out then you know it’s serious and when you can hear them closing in it’s even better. 

• Supporters

Its not fear, anybody that's literally scared shouldn't be playing, but adrenaline & mild apprehension is cool, bit like being slightly phobic about needles but accepting having them is a necessary evil.

I get the shakes sometimes between games, when loading up, its just adrenaline & the fact my fitness is poor at the mo, so my body can't process the endorphins etc, hopefully once I get my surgery sorted I can drop some timber & get fitter, at the moment its a vicious circle.

41 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Its not fear, anybody that's literally scared shouldn't be playing, but adrenaline & mild apprehension is cool, bit like being slightly phobic about needles but accepting having them is a necessary evil.

I get the shakes sometimes between games, when loading up, its just adrenaline & the fact my fitness is poor at the mo, so my body can't process the endorphins etc, hopefully once I get my surgery sorted I can drop some timber & get fitter, at the moment its a vicious circle.

I hate needles with a passion. I have become a master at avoiding blood tests.

Not sure I’d call it scared, but some version of “oh fuck!” 

Last man standing on the infected game at the mall, in the concrete room inside the small wooden shed thing 😳

Walked straight into the terminator at the mall that gave me a fright. Other wise I wouldn't say scared more nervous engery  fight or flight feeling especially when I'm last man standing. 

Though to add we played a game with Jason last weekend he couldn't be killed and attacked if you were standing still. I heard some grown men scream

Like little girls when he charged!

• Supporters
11 hours ago, Seth_K said:

can you recall a situation where you forgot it was a game and the cold sweat of fear hit you?

No, because it's just a game.

And I'd hope nobody else playing forgets that it's a game either.

Fear not so much, but plenty of games can have great tension. Especially at the Mall or old Epsom Tunnels. 

Tense games are the best. 

I do get a little bit of fear in situations where I know I'm screwed e.g. you're in a room, a grenade gets all your teammates in the neighbouring room, you can hear multiple people entering, you have no exit.

I think it's just the nervous anticipation of a shot when you know it's coming.

As others have said I don't think 'scared' is the right word, but there have been a few 'oh f**k' moments! 😂

Certainly been a few times, where I wish I had full face protection rather than just eye pro but that's my choice. So I only have myself to blame there! 

Getting shot in the face does hurt!  A few weeks ago I got a perfect shot on my forehead that wouldn't stop bleeding!  Chicks dig scars right?

Although my wife didn't agree, especially when we had a wedding to attend a few days later! 😀

IMG-20181011-WA0001.jpg

As has been said by practically everyone, 'fear' is too strong a word.  That would be like "I don't want to play anymore"

Adrenalin pumping excitement or tension... sure, that's what its all about.

Either a running charge on a position or hiding in a bush with 'enemy' moving past you just feet away.... :ph34r:

Not scared, but I was properly freaked out when I was hit with rapid fire (apparently not full auto..) to the face, from my own team mate, from about 10ft away... 

It was enough force to move the goggles I was wearing and got hit too close to my eye for comfort... Thankfully I was wearing mesh lower face pro so this was the only mark on my face!
image.png.87343badfb8e8330fead25a1cc3338a6.png

I'll admit I have thought of "fuck this is gonna hurt" before doing some stupid play but after getting full autoed in the face from 1.5 feet, getting shot in the gut by 500 fps sniper 3 metres away and falling over and smashing my head on a rock, not much scares me about airsoft anymore....

.....Ok maybe going deaf from pyro or police turning up and lighting me up with real guns.

(but these are stupid irrational fears like people have of spiders)

scared of losing a tooth, f*ck yes i am!

Lower face pro steams up my glasses, so i often leave it in my backpack.. but then i take a bb close to the mouth and pull it out again, then i get fog and they go back in the bag, then....

well you got it, i hope.. on the other hand i'm experimenting with various homemade solutions :)

Other than that, no, not scared of anything..

13 minutes ago, Skara said:

ace pro steams up my glasses, so i often leave it in my backpack.. but then i take a bb close to the mouth

Gum shield. Simple, cheap, effective.

17 minutes ago, Skara said:

scared of losing a tooth, f*ck yes i am!

Lower face pro steams up my glasses, so i often leave it in my backpack.. but then i take a bb close to the mouth and pull it out again, then i get fog and they go back in the bag, then....

well you got it, i hope.. on the other hand i'm experimenting with various homemade solutions :)

Other than that, no, not scared of anything..

I actually witnessed a poor bloke at Combat South last month, loose about half of one of his two front teeth! 

The nerve ending was exposed, and by all accounts it bloody hurt!  😳

By all accounts it's the other way round for me. I suffer from social anxiety so I'm pretty much always on edge but when I play airsoft and the adrenaline kicks in everything becomes crystal clear

5 minutes ago, RMDavis said:

I actually witnessed a poor bloke at Combat South last month, loose about half of one of his two front teeth! 

The nerve ending was exposed, and by all accounts it bloody hurt!  😳

I only lost one tooth to airsoft, and bloody hell it did hurt.. Guy shot me on purpose at point blank and I completely lost it..

Will get a gun shield tomorrow and test it :)

• Supporters

I also lost a tooth to Airsoft. And I’m afraid to say it wasn’t from a BB, but I think this topic sums it up quite nicely.

I was hiding on a hill, popped my head up every now and then to have a good look at the locations people where at, two guys snuck up on the left side of the site right on the boundary. Put my head up, saw a couple of guys in the centre, looked down my barrel and took a couple of shots, they hit and as I was lowering my gun, the two on the left lit me up and all hit me in the face mask. 

This made me seriously jump and as I reacted I whacked the butt stock of the gun into my top teeth. I felt a tooth crumble. Asked the Marshall to have a look(no mirror) and he said, nothing wrong mate. He was right.

Got home, had a drink, and the tooth that I felt crumble fell out in 5 pieces... lost half my front tooth! 

The next few days were horrible, couldn’t eat or drink without pain. Had to get a whole lot of expensive dental care...

Worst thing, I was renting , had a full face mask, and this was my second time playing!

Archived