Item in limbo?

Wo1f
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Ordered something from Evike and it was sent via USPS. Their tracker stops once it’s left the country and it ended with:

Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM on October 26, 2018 at 12:45 pm.

Now.. Royal Mail recognises the tracking number but has no info on it. I’ve even phoned them and they said they haven’t received it. Usually if it’s being held by customs I get a notification, but the package is currently untraceable. 

There any number i can phone to find out where the hell it is?

Try HMRC web site for a number for customes. If you are waiting on a rif and your ukara is not on the package be prepared to wait customes is always under stafted  

It’s just a top rail. A 12” long bit of aluminium. I phoned a few hmrc numbers and got the whole “nothing to do with us” speech. I’ll have another look. 

Had similar happen with things once they arrive with RM (I'm sure there's a bucket of stuff with my name on it, just sat in a Royal Mail sorting office), all of a sudden things just arrive with me and never show up on RMs system at all. I've tracked stuff from US, HK, Eastern EU, and AU to the UK where tracking seems to just evaporate, then suddenly there's a pile of stuff on my doorstep.

Hopefully this is the case. I’ll give it a week. If not I’ll take it up with Evike

• Supporters
47 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Hopefully this is the case. I’ll give it a week. If not I’ll take it up with Evike

Best of luck mate , odds are if you do try to contact Evike and IF they reply it’ll more than likely be a “tuff s**t not our problem !” Reply !

there international customer ‘service’ is legendary for being bad .

11 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Best of luck mate , odds are if you do try to contact Evike and IF they reply it’ll more than likely be a “tuff s**t not our problem !” Reply !

there international customer ‘service’ is legendary for being bad .

That’s what PayPal is for. Hopefully it doesn’t come to that, but we’ll see. Getting thoroughly pissed off with airsoft stores at the minute. It can’t be this difficult to manage inventory and CS.. 

48 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

If it's shipped with USPS, it normally transfers to parcel farce.

Have you tried their tracking?

Yeah. It says it’s a Royal Mail number. I can type it into RM and it accepts it, but it still thinks it’s not in the country 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

Getting thoroughly pissed off with airsoft stores at the minute. It can’t be this difficult to manage inventory and CS.. 

You’d think not BUT ? To be honest these days it’s the main reason I send nearly all my Airsoft beer tokens to Poland . Yes postage is a bit steep but at least I know if it’s on the TG site it’s in stock AND it’ll take less than a wk to reach me .

31 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

You’d think not BUT ? To be honest these days it’s the main reason I send nearly all my Airsoft beer tokens to Poland . Yes postage is a bit steep but at least I know if it’s on the TG site it’s in stock AND it’ll take less than a wk to reach me .

That’s exactly what I’d do if they had what I was looking for. TG is fantastic. But as it happens, I’m looking for unicorn horn and fairy dust parts. Nobody answers messages or emails, so you’re forced to pay up and then just see if it appears.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

That’s exactly what I’d do if they had what I was looking for. TG is fantastic. But as it happens, I’m looking for unicorn horn and fairy dust parts. Nobody answers messages or emails, so you’re forced to pay up and then just see if it appears.

What exactly you after bud ? I know you’ve ‘hopefully’ got one on the way but I could put my aged but still vaguely useful team mates on it to track one down (half the feckers are retired anyway so give em something to do !😈) .

@Druid799 Im building a mk12 mod 0 (ish) rifle with one of my Tm MWS gbbr’s.  I’ve bought the madbull carbon fibre PRI handguard and I ordered the 12.5” PRI top rail from evike (because the £70 rail is an optional extra in a £180 airsoft handguard😑). That is the potentially missing item in question. 

Ive ordered a G&P rifle length buffer tube that will fit a PRS stock and a G&P a2 buffer (both new products for the mws) from Tiger111hk. They took my money and then told me they didn’t actually have them. After threatening them with PayPal, they’ve magically came back in stock and have been sent to me. We’ll see if anything actually arrives..

Im still looking for a PRS stock. Either a PTS or element replica. Doesn’t matter if it’s gbb or aeg as I don’t need the buffer anyway. 

On top of that... ordered an Sbal-pl weapon light and RMR for my FNX .45 from AliExpress.. on the app you can track it and it says it’s shipped and whatever... but if you type that tracking number into 17track, the number doesn’t exist!

American and everywhere in Asia (bar Japan) is fucking useless..

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Wo1f said:

@Druid799 Im building a mk12 mod 0 (ish) rifle with one of my Tm MWS gbbr’s.  I’ve bought the madbull carbon fibre PRI handguard and I ordered the 12.5” PRI top rail from evike (because the £70 rail is an optional extra in a £180 airsoft handguard😑). That is the potentially missing item in question. 

Ive ordered a G&P rifle length buffer tube that will fit a PRS stock and a G&P a2 buffer (both new products for the mws) from Tiger111hk. They took my money and then told me they didn’t actually have them. After threatening them with PayPal, they’ve magically came back in stock and have been sent to me. We’ll see if anything actually arrives..

Im still looking for a PRS stock. Either a PTS or element replica. Doesn’t matter if it’s gbb or aeg as I don’t need the buffer anyway. 

On top of that... ordered an Sbal-pl weapon light and RMR for my FNX .45 from AliExpress.. on the app you can track it and it says it’s shipped and whatever... but if you type that tracking number into 17track, the number doesn’t exist!

American and everywhere in Asia (bar Japan) is fucking useless..

I had that happen on an AOR1 fast helm from Aliexpress , tracking all hunky dory on the site but feck all anywhere else ! 😡 I claimed my money back through my credit card in the end as Paypal were dicking around .

Well, I’ve just come home to this, so that’s one off my list. Bittersweet as it is. This is the one I had to chase with Tiger111hk. It arrived quickly after me threatening PayPal, and no customs fees. Just annoying that things sent from the same side of the world weeks ago still haven’t gotten to me 

E6EE0552-5F95-47B2-B030-44975FFC17D1.jpeg

• Supporters

Have you tried using 17track? I've sometimes had it showing more recent updates than the actual courier service's tracking system!

Glad one of your parcel arrived tho. Sometimes things just take longer than expected - especially when ordering abroad. 

13 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Have you tried using 17track? I've sometimes had it showing more recent updates than the actual courier service's tracking system!

Glad one of your parcel arrived tho. Sometimes things just take longer than expected - especially when ordering abroad. 

Tried 17 track for them all. The Sbal-PL doesn’t work on any so I’ve put a PayPal claim in. This is what the one from Evike is saying..

F014E25A-2DEA-4DD2-9C7D-340A8370150F.png

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Gepard said:

Read the last but one line ya plank ! 🤦‍♂️

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣👍

4 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I find tracking drops off once a customs charge is about to arrive...

I hope your right.. because according to that tracking, it’s left the US, got to the UK, went back to the US, come back to the UK..

Just wish that if it is a customs issue, they’d just pull my pants down and get on with it. The not knowing where stupid amounts of my spending is, is frustrating. 

• Supporters
14 hours ago, Wo1f said:

That’s what PayPal is for

Preach it.  Actually, I'd go ahead and initiate the case now to get the ball rolling.  You can always close it if it does show up.

Every order I've ever put in with Evike has hit customs. And every order has always had the extra customs charges.

It lands and instantly gets shipped to the customs department.

Depending on what is in the package things get ropey.

The closer the parts look to gun parts the longer they take. Basic parts - sights pistol grips ect seem to get signed off, Priced and continue to ship in a few days. Anything gun shaped, Mechanical looking,  magazines ect they open it all up, Inspect it, repackage (badly) then make a decision, It'll either be destroyed, sent back, or priced up and sent on. They seem to pick on USA shipments more than China ones. Perhaps it's because they can read the shipping information.  Either way it adds significant time at our end to the shipping and  there is bugger all you can do about it other than wait...

The best bit will be the card. They won't try and deliver the package, you'll get a summons to the local distribution centre to pay there ransom fees for release.

It’s just a top rail. A foot long piece of 20mm rail. When everything usually gets caught in customs it says so on RM/PF websites. Usually that it’s being held, then customs has been raised. My issue is I have no idea if it’s even in the country. Royal Mail have no clue where it is. 

It can sit in customs for a week for all I care, I just want to know it’s not lost, otherwise I’ll have to order another 

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Iceni said:

Every order I've ever put in with Evike has hit customs. And every order has always had the extra customs charges.

It lands and instantly gets shipped to the customs department.

Depending on what is in the package things get ropey.

The closer the parts look to gun parts the longer they take. Basic parts - sights pistol grips ect seem to get signed off, Priced and continue to ship in a few days. Anything gun shaped, Mechanical looking,  magazines ect they open it all up, Inspect it, repackage (badly) then make a decision, It'll either be destroyed, sent back, or priced up and sent on. They seem to pick on USA shipments more than China ones. Perhaps it's because they can read the shipping information.  Either way it adds significant time at our end to the shipping and  there is bugger all you can do about it other than wait...

The best bit will be the card. They won't try and deliver the package, you'll get a summons to the local distribution centre to pay there ransom fees for release.

The yanks don’t put dodgy reduced prices and misleading descriptions on there packages like HK sellers do , AND there’s more chance if the parcel is is coming from the septic tanks then there’s a much higher possibility it’ll warrant a good taxable charge on it . 

There's always Ant supplies if you are after rail parts and you can't find them cheap on ebay.

https://www.ant-supplies.uk/

They tend to have a good selection of well priced parts.

I think the 10 inch, 25 slot rail is about £9. Or 2 for £15.

https://www.ant-supplies.uk/rails-and-adapters/flat-base-weaver-rails.html

Archived