Is the TM Glock only a problem because.......?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’ve ran a g18c on propane for months no with no sign of an issue, but it is a potential issue. A simple upgrade part for £5 would rectify the problem if it ever appears. 

• Root Admin

They're reasonably well known for the front post in the frame shattering at anything between 5000 to 1000 cycles. The fix for this is a new Guarder frame (with a brass insert on that front post). Just be prepared to do that if it breaks or - at the very least - I would advise putting epoxy into the void around the front post to sure it up and make it last a while longer. This takes about 5 minutes to do.

Other than that the only issue I can think of is light striking. Some people install a 150% hammer* spring to help with this, but this makes the above problem happen more likely to happen.

I’ve run all my TM’s on green for years, zero issues.

They do FEEL better with a heavier recoil and hammer spring.

As has been said, the trigger frame post is a weak point, but new Guarder frames are very cheap, I wouldn’t bother touching it until it breaks AND you notice it’s broken.

I’d put a Mapleleaf hop wheel in it, along with I key, and possibly a Gunsmith hop arm, and the hop rubber of your choice.

Thanks very much to you all for clearing that up for me.

The light strike I can live with. 

The shattered frame is a different issue. I know I could buy a relatively inexpensive metal frame. But then I would have to upgrade other things to make it work. And it would never be as efficient with a metal slide as with a plastic one. Gas efficiency, the ability to outperform guns with  metal slides in cold weather and general build quality  are the reasons for my newfound love of TM guns. I don't particularly want to put a metal frame on a Marui.

Still if it lasts for a year or two, I suppose it would be easy enough to replace the old plastic slide with a new TM plastic one. Or I could take proffrink's advice and put some epoxy in the slide. 

It seems a pity that no manufacturers have produced very good quality fibre glass strengthened polymer slides for those who prefer the characteristics of plastic guns.

Get a G22 slide, it has an insert so it won’t break on the slide lock

The Guarder frame with the brass insert is plastic and has no effect on efficiency 

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

Get a G22 slide, it has an insert so it won’t break on the slide lock

The Guarder frame with the brass insert is plastic and has no effect on efficiency 

Excellent news.

I'll consider the G22 as well.

Thanks a lot.

8 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

Excellent news.

I'll consider the G22 as well.

Thanks a lot.

G22 is a better gun, it has a number of enhancements over the G17.

Better trigger bar, reinforced slide, reinforced mag catch, ask @L3wisD

• Root Admin
2 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

Thanks very much to you all for clearing that up for me.

The light strike I can live with. 

The shattered frame is a different issue. I know I could buy a relatively inexpensive metal frame. But then I would have to upgrade other things to make it work. And it would never be as efficient with a metal slide as with a plastic one. Gas efficiency, the ability to outperform guns with  metal slides in cold weather and general build quality  are the reasons for my newfound love of TM guns. I don't particularly want to put a metal frame on a Marui.

Still if it lasts for a year or two, I suppose it would be easy enough to replace the old plastic slide with a new TM plastic one. Or I could take proffrink's advice and put some epoxy in the slide. 

It seems a pity that no manufacturers have produced very good quality fibre glass strengthened polymer slides for those who prefer the characteristics of plastic guns.

Epoxy not for the slide but the void in the frame itself just to the rear of that front screw post. It'll be obvious - just fill er up (don't overfill or it'll mess with the rest of the stuff).

As usual this thread needs posting:

http://www.airsoftcanada.com/showthread.php?t=140496

Thanks again.

I was trawling the web looking at what TM retailers have in stock when I came across a warning by one that TM H&K pistols no longer have authentic trades on them. These are tastefully removed by the manufacturer before export to Europe.

Other UK retailers don't mention this. Can I assume that they will supply guns with the H&K trades?

I know the Americans have lots of problems with H&K copies, and the only Glocks they can get in local shops are the officially licensed ones by Umarex. I believe Umarex also have the license for H&K. Or maybe it's Cybergun. I don't really know.

Do TM Glocks in the UK come with trades?

Why can WE sell their G17 lookalikes in Europe but not in America?

Are the days of full trades in danger of coming to an end? 

Most likely just copyrights and trademarks. What's enforceable in one country is moot in another.

Similar thing goes for ASG/KWA M11 Ingrams, same RIF but one with the markings removed for the countries that don't allow them and markings in place for those that do.

Then there's who payed for the rights to make an imitiation with full markings and the limits of the license versus those who are replicating with no rights.

TM do not officially export any of their guns.

Everything outside of Japan is “grey import”

Ive never heard of a TM with the trades removed, it’s pretty hard to see how they do that 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
20 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Better trigger bar, reinforced slide, reinforced mag catch, ask @L3wisD

Yes, more than happy with my 22!

Performance at the mall last month was lovely.

I was talking to RDB about changing the barrel and hop unit, but I think I'm going to keep it standard until something breaks.

Taking bets on when that'll be! :D

Archived