G36 Red Dot sight - Which Battery?

RobHedley
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi fellow Airsofters,

I have recently acquired a G36 with the double scope (top: red dot - Bottom: 3x zoom). I have ordered a new battery tray as I was missing the locking cap. The one thing I cannot work out and a large number of google searches later, I am still no the wiser. Which battery/s fit this thing?? It is the diameter of a AAA but is the length of a AA. Please help, someone has to know.

Here is a link that shows the battery holder I am talking about.

https://www.begadi.com/g36-tragegriff-visier-batteriefach.html?___store=en&___from_store=de

Thanks in advance Airsoft Community.

Rob

Cheers for the reply. I did think that but it would have to be 2 of them in tandem to fill the space. When I get back later I will measure the length of the battery compartment to see if 2 would fit. I have tried to find out what voltage it needs to be as that would give me a hint but there appears to be nothing on the internet about this weapon apart from buying brand new!

Good find. I searched high and low. I have even emailed ARES direct about this. Good to finally see somewhere where they mention the batteries they use.

Cheers

I had the same problem when I got my S&T and Ares G36 AEGs.

I've since replaced the sight/carry handle assemblies with IDZ rails, so the 2 red-dots aren't in use and the batteries aren't an issue for me.

I hope you get to the bottom of it!

Archived