Night Games

Seth_Erebor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Night Games  

21 members have voted

1. 1. I like Night Games & I have NODs

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. I like Night Games & I want NODs

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. I like Night Games

• Yes
    • No
  4. 4. I don't like Night Games

• Yes
    • No

I'm looking for a more stealthy game day, are there any sites doing regular night games?

Added a poll to see how many of us even playing night games, I think it should be for everyone.

• Supporters

i love night games, and recently picked up an nv scope and a bunch of ir glow sticks to hand out to team mates, although haven't had the chance to use them yet.

last game i recall it ending up wonderfully atmospheric, a lot of torches set out on various barrels to light up a zone while their owners slunk off into the darkness to hide when combined with a bunch of smoke grenades and the occasional searching flash from the enemy it was beautiful.

of course they can be very confusing, especially keeping track of the game flow and even moreso cheaters, but a night game with an honest group is an experience to be rivaled for sure.

just wish there were more sites here that ran them, the one that did the best night games has sadly closed.

Night games are awesome, trying to sneak past guards who are actively patrolling is such a buzz, one of the best games ive played was a night game, i fired 1 shot and that was an ND but sneaking past the sentries and sneaking out with the objective was such a fun.

Me and my son just did our first Night game last weekend, one of the best games we have had, it was a lot more stealthy  and very free-flowing,  I had two opponents sneak right up next to my hiding spot and  did not know they was there until one of them spoke to his mate, I then made them jump when i shot them from 10' away because they did not see me either as it was pitch black  - I've got the bug for night games and now want more :) 

Never having tried I cannot add much other than I dont really want to do one. 

When I first got into airsoft I thought the idea was great but after playing I think unless you have the right team/squads and it is organised properly theres too much scope for it all to go to shit in my opinion.

I would rather spend the money on a decent days skirmish and spend that evening/night at home with the family!

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

of course they can be very confusing, especially keeping track of the game flow and even moreso cheaters, but a night game with an honest group is an experience to be rivaled for sure.

And this fine gentleman has hit the ‘make or break’ nail square and centre on its head ! 

When there working (as in honest players and good organisation) they can be practically orgasmic fun ! BUT chuck out either or both things and they turn in to one HUGE clusterf**k of an event ! 😫 I’ve been too both scenarios over the yrs and the hamster is most definitely spot on. 👍

37 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

And this fine gentleman has hit the ‘make or break’ nail square and centre on its head ! 

When there working (as in honest players and good organisation) they can be practically orgasmic fun ! BUT chuck out either or both things and they turn in to one HUGE clusterf**k of an event ! 😫 I’ve been too both scenarios over the yrs and the hamster is most definitely spot on. 👍

good organisation in what way? The same as a game during the day or a bit more?

I can see normally honest players taking liberties, but how can marshals check?

If someone could crack those two then I'd play at night.

One of the funniest moments in Airsoft I have had has to be when me and a bunch of guys were rebels and the NATO forces had to sneak around us and get intel, They aren't allowed to shoot us and they think we can shoot them.

We were told to not notice them but to mess with them, so we went around talking really loudly about how trash they were and how we had relations with their mothers.

I turned and shone my torch on a field and there was these two guys standing 10 feet from me in the open, frozen in mid movement positions as if I was a T-Rex and if they don't move, I can't see them.

I stood there for a uncomfortably long time before deciding to let them go by announcing loudly "must have been the wind" and walking away.

Another good moment was when I walked up to a bush that I knew a guy was laying in and pretended that I was about to go for a piss, I decided I was not that mean and walked away but I could hear him sigh with relief.

All in all - if you got a torch, it's a nice change to day games.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

indeed, i've been lucky enough to have played most of my night games with a group of really honest folk (the kind where you can rely on their calling hits) and it was great, although as it's super easy to cheat and super hard to check it's entirely reliant on honesty.

• Supporters

I've had some superb night games, notably with one particular organization (who no longer exist unfortunately 😭), but their relaxed attitude actually imbibed a relaxed attitude amongst the players, so they didn't feel the need to cheat.

the first night game I played with another mob was terrible, so much so that I almost resorted to fisticuffs, & that takes a lot (honest😉).

I've owned nods before, & while they were a giggle, they didn't get enough use so swapped them for a nice gat, to be fair they were only gen1 Russian civvy kit so nothing to get excited about.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Seth_K said:

good organisation in what way? The same as a game during the day or a bit more?

Organisation has to be spot on , control team really have to be on the ball at night a lot more than a day game . Think it’s safe to say we’re all guilty of not paying enough attention at the best of times in a daylight game so chuck in zero visibility to the mix and it’ll go ‘titsup’ very quickly if you don’t keep your eye on it . Plus you need players who are switched on to moving around in darkness (something most airsofters have never done) it’s really easy to trip/fall or just generally ding your self ! 🤕

😂😂

Is there much point turning up to a night game without any Night Vision apparatus? Is it a be all and end all sorta thing?

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Is there much point turning up to a night game without any Night Vision apparatus? Is it a be all and end all sorta thing?

oh definately, a decent torch will do just fine- just be sure it's one you can switch on and more importantly off very quickly

a common tactic as i mentioned before is to seed the site with lights, i've even seen people bringing builders lamps to night games to do just this.

first night game i went to i employed that tactic, popped my weapon light into the branches of a tree and left it on, it was hilarious watching the tracers fly in followed by the screams of "take your hits" when i was nowhere near (when people cottoned on there was nobody by the torch they stopped getting salty)

nods certainly would give an advantage, we had a guy who was the only guy there with nods and he climbed a tree and became unkillable (partly because of nods but mainly because nobody expects you to be dumb enough to try climbing a tree at night)

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Asomodai said:

Yes. My favourite game of all time was a night game at Harmer Green, with no night vision. No one at all used it, I brought along my hone made set up and a couple of over powered torches just in case someone decided they wanted to use some, when we asked does anyone have NV, and they all responded No, I left mine in the car and had great fun.

No one used torches, all objectives were flashing beacons. 

Highlight of the night was sneaking through to the enemy teams F.O.B, sitting quietly at the objective, ignoring all the chatter, including colour calling,(which was allowed), waited till the last few seconds of the game, dropped the flag they spent 45mins protecting extremely well, walked off cackling with laughter. 

• Moderators

played a few early dusk to night games ,can be fun, best two ive had i arranged with work colleagues

last one, was about 10 of us, one team two of the guys had 'real' nods, single scope, mounted to fast helmet.....we had a set from the CODMW set!.....we won.....they for some reason couldnt see us running in and out of the building stealing the 'gold':lol:

Absolutely love night games, just never enough of our local sites in Kent running these throughout the year! I arranged a Night Event at my local Airsoft haunt back in 2015 - when it was just a case of a bunch of us buying some tracer units & tracer bb's & wanting to test them out, that then grew exponentially & ended up being 90 of us running about at night, absolute fun & absolute chaos & carnage, but was thoroughly hooked so decided to take the plunge.....

2016 came & invested in a high end thermal weapon scope, which was an unbelievable game changer & recently invested in some Flir BNVD-51 NVG which again are absolutely stunning in quality. Our local site initially kicked off a series of monthly night games, unfortunately the numbers dwindled so stopped with these. Fortunately though, our local site has really developed their Milsim scene & ran x4 events this year (last one in November) with x6 already planned for next year, so the sizeable outlay of night equipment is offset against a longer term investment (That justification helps me sleep better at night!!). What also adds to the depth is the Milsims cater for different scenario's at night:-

March 2018 - Russia Vs. NATO - Thermal & NV in play

June 2018 - Cartels Vs. DEA - Thermal & NV in play

September 2018 - NVA / Vietcong vs. U.S. Army - No night equipment & torches only (no weapon attachments) 

November 2018 - Falklands; British Army vs. the Argies Army - NV only - no Thermal. 

The above also caters & attracts different types of players - Vietnam drove big numbers, real excitement & lots of accuracy for the die-hards around uniform (not strict though)

As our local Milsim scene is always developing, we bought about the idea of during the much darker months having the two main structures lit up with lighting courtesy of a couple of generators, very much gives both forces clearly detectable points of interest to head toward within what is a massive site, but plenty of ambush opportunities along the way, this helps give balance to the teams so it's not so one sided. We're also fortunate that both our regular OpFor & NATO teams both own NVG & Thermal, so again makes it a much more balanced playing experience, certainly makes it better for first timers as well, as previously NATO forces were being pummelled by OpFor with a solitary Thermal. Few comments to some of the previous points raised throughout this chain:-

Any point turning up when others have NVG & Thermal - Absolutely! NVG is easily defeated with a well drilled team with white lights, Thermal not so much, but then it's only usually a very minor amount of players with Thermal, target them & take them out & the others struggle! Also see above with our local site , adding lighting to main structures gives everyone a balanced playing field, as well as giving you somewhere to aim & head for when traversing around the site in the pitch black.  

Organisation - As mentioned earlier by others is an absolute must; A good cohesive team will work together at night & disciplines are a must, going off solo won't help anyone, will encourage friendly fire & also bloody dangerous! Couple of essentials to support organisation - Red Dead Light at night, straight forward red light that when you're hit / DMW or just out of the game (en route to the crapper etc.) shows the individual is hit & not to be aimed at. Torch - whether attached to gun or not, absolute essential & no brainer, disciplined use of course, couple of you advancing towards anyone (NVG / Thermal users), light them up & that'll rending them useless, wipe out & destroy! Additionally - one of the other rules which has been introduced is different coloured tracers for the opposing forces, OpFor Red Tracers / NATO Green Tracers, again a very simple addition that helps drive better play at night, avoids a hell of a lot of friendly fire as well!! 

Cheaters at night - Definitely, but will get better as time goes on; again fortunate at our local site that we have both NVG & Thermal users, these users (myself included) have helped drive much better integrity at night, first few Milsims, no surprises there were a few accusations of non-hit takers, now both forces are consciously aware that either side has night devices so cannot pull a fast one, the more regulars that attend these nights helps drive better integrity as well, always a challenge finding a site which runs regular night games with decent numbers to develop this.

Hope the above point of view helps from someone that loves the night games, feel like i'm plugging our local Milsim events as well - but what's great about these is that the regular milsim attendees work closely & collaboratively with the site owners to ensure the series develops, gets better & caters for wide demographic of player & most importantly helps introduce those thinking of toe dipping into Milsims & night games with a bit of structure & organisation.

Mike

• Supporters

@MikeMarden, go on mike, for those of us in Kent, what's the site your referring to ?, like the sound of the Falklands game, means i'll have to get an l1a1 or a fal 😁

19 minutes ago, Tackle said:

@MikeMarden, go on mike, for those of us in Kent, what's the site your referring to ?, like the sound of the Falklands game, means i'll have to get an l1a1 or a fal 😁

PM'd you buddy 🙂 

Archived