TM G34 slide problem

Jammanic
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Not sure if anyone can help me with the problem on my G34.

The slide keeps getting 'caught' an inch from a full cycle. Shown in pic. 

I'm also having some issues with mags not feeding but I'm guessing it's related? 

I've tried lubing the slide where I think it's contacting but it still happens. 

My suspicion is that it's the spring guide blocking it? It's not locked fast and a little nudge or wrist flick will complete the cycle. 

The rmr is the tm one but the issue occurs with it removed.

Im using Abbey predator 144a.

Im quite new to gas pistols so any help would be greatly appreciated. Cheers. 

15409834207326283088123658969049.jpg

Is this out side or inside? Temperature will stop a gbb cycling. I would make sure the blow back unit is in tight they can come lose. It's held in place by a screw near the rear of the slide. Only other thing I can think of is it's fowling on the hammer make sure the hammer assembly isn't loose.

First what mods has it had?

If it’s an aftermarket metal slide, and you haven’t upgraded both the recoil and hammer springs, that’ll be your problem.

Otherwise, it’s a gas efficiency issue.

Does it stop and then empty out the mag?

You sure that red dot is on correctly, Ivdont think it’s supposed to hang out the back like that so don’t think

3 hours ago, BigStew said:

Is this out side or inside? Temperature will stop a gbb cycling. I would make sure the blow back unit is in tight they can come lose. It's held in place by a screw near the rear of the slide. Only other thing I can think of is it's fowling on the hammer make sure the hammer assembly isn't loose.

It’s been inside but I’d still say a little on the cold side so might just be that.

i will check those fixings to see if they are loose though. Cheers for the suggestions 

1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

First what mods has it had?

If it’s an aftermarket metal slide, and you haven’t upgraded both the recoil and hammer springs, that’ll be your problem.

Otherwise, it’s a gas efficiency issue.

Does it stop and then empty out the mag?

You sure that red dot is on correctly, Ivdont think it’s supposed to hang out the back like that so don’t think

No mods it’s stick outside of the Rmr and the mount. The overhang is how the mount came so I’m hoping it’s not that. It’s only dumped once I think

1 hour ago, Jammanic said:

No mods it’s stick outside of the Rmr and the mount. The overhang is how the mount came so I’m hoping it’s not that. It’s only dumped once I think

And it does it with or without the red dot?

Generally, increasing the weight of the slide means you have to update the recoil and hammer spring.

I’ve done exactly this with my partners TMG17 and it works perfectly.

How old is the Pistol? If it’s dumping gas, it may be the rocket valve is sticking or broken 

I had the exact same issue with my brand new TM G34, with the same TM red dot attached. Turned out that the slide and frame just needed a bloody good lube. It's been fine ever since. Just to make sure though, I fitted a stronger spring on the guide and some buffers to speed things up a bit. So far, so good.

Here it is having the issues 

14 hours ago, ryaw said:

I had the exact same issue with my brand new TM G34, with the same TM red dot attached. Turned out that the slide and frame just needed a bloody good lube. It's been fine ever since. Just to make sure though, I fitted a stronger spring on the guide and some buffers to speed things up a bit. So far, so good.

Here it is having the issues 

Thank  you very much for the advice and great video btw (Got another subscriber).

Do you have a link to an appropriate spring and buffers?

Cheers

AIP Recoil Buffers: http://www.aipairsoft.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=201

SAPH 150% Recoil Spring: https://www.mlemart.com/saph-150-enhanced-steel-recoil-spring-for-tm-glock/

I also ordered some SAPH recoil buffers from MLE Mart for my G17, as they didn't list the AIP buffers which I had originally bought direct from AIP for my G34. I can say that AIP are BETTER BY FAR and worth paying the additional postage for. 

1 hour ago, ryaw said:

AIP Recoil Buffers: http://www.aipairsoft.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=201

SAPH 150% Recoil Spring: https://www.mlemart.com/saph-150-enhanced-steel-recoil-spring-for-tm-glock/

I also ordered some SAPH recoil buffers from MLE Mart for my G17, as they didn't list the AIP buffers which I had originally bought direct from AIP for my G34. I can say that AIP are BETTER BY FAR and worth paying the additional postage for. 

All ordered!!!

Thank you very very much.

Archived