Choice and fitting Fiber Optic on a Hi-Capa

James_ptg
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi everyone,

I would like to install an fiber optic sight (front and rear) on my TM Hi-CAPA.

But I'm hesitate between two model (if you know other good one I'm all ear)

Kung-FU or UAC (see attached files)

The kung-Fu come with the full rear system (don't know the name) and the UAC with a smal portion of it, will it fit on the stock rear mount ?

Is it easy to install ?

Thank you

Kung-Fu.jpg

UAC.jpg

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Did you consider using tritium vials, or at least in the front sight?

nope, they're just sitting on there with the holes in em, might put some inserts in there eventually but atm up close i mostly just instinctively aim and at distance i've got the time to get a proper sight picture anyway.

• Supporters
On 31/10/2018 at 06:14, James_ptg said:

I would like to install an fiber optic sight (front and rear) on my TM Hi-CAPA.

Out of interest: why?

I bodged a fibre optic rod into the front sight of my shotgun (just drilled through and chopped out the middle).  To be honest, it's not great.  It's not significantly brighter than a white paint dot when the light is behind you (and I had the whole of the front sight painted white).  When the light's in front, a dark silhouette sight works as well or better.  Light from above, fair enough, it glows well.  It doesn't do a thing for you in the dark - that's why I ask about tritium.

I've currently got some phosphorescent green paint on the way for indoor dark CQB use.

6 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

I've currently got some phosphorescent green paint on the way for indoor dark CQB use.

Hooo that a nice idea !

Fiber optic (real one) if it's well installed (mean long stick, good sight how light the light touch the fiber, and good color !) and then it's amazing ! of course in pure dark situation a phosphoresecent paint it's a brilliant

Spoiler

and in that case the word brilliant is perfect :)

idea !

Archived