Removing/moving pictures/quotes/thread links

Lollingsgrad
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Unsure where to put this but here seems about right and I didn't find anything searching.

Does anyone know how to remove or move, quotes and forum post links in this forum when you're on a phone or tablet? If it's not possible then I'd suggest it as a pretty important fix. If you accidentally insert an emoji for instance, you can't remove it on mobile.

• Supporters

i too would like to know this, especially quotation boxes, so far i've been sneakily using the "clear editor" prompt that comes up if you re-visit a thread and it restores your previous comments, but that's not exactly a handy solution.

• Supporters

Click quote. 

44 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i too would like to know this, especially quotation boxes, so far i've been sneakily using the "clear editor" prompt that comes up if you re-visit a thread and it restores your previous comments, but that's not exactly a handy solution.

Then click into the box,

49 minutes ago, Lollingsgrad said:

Unsure where to put this but here seems about right and I didn't find anything searching. 😉

Then click delete. 

Unless im missing something.

• Supporters

So if you click on the box that’s blue, you should then be able to edit, like so.

17 minutes ago, Lollingsgrad said:

I don't see it, just a little box that looks like it would allow you to move the quote which I don't seem to be able to interact with.

See the little blue line, next to “with” then you can delete.

8DD53119-48BF-4550-8E0C-2A23C33C1690.png

Limitation of the text editor on mobile devices. You can't remove the whole quote box (see below) 

2 minutes ago, Prisce said:

In regards emotes, you have to backspace multiple times after it to break the bbcode, but they go away

Nope, no matter where I try to click and select any quote box, I just can't get a delete option or otherwise...

Do we have a device or browser specific issue here?

(Android/Chrome here)

• Supporters

Perhaps. I’m on iOS and Safari.

2 hours ago, Lollingsgrad said:

Same, also Android/Chrome

2 hours ago, skintrade said:

Nope, no matter where I try to click and select any quote box, I just can't get a delete option or otherwise...

Do we have a device or browser specific issue here?

(Android/Chrome here)

• Moderators

ive never had issues on my Iphone, sometimes the various PC's i use remember what may have been typed in a response or PM that i may not have sent

If i accidentally press quote on my iphone, i just delete it as if on the laptop...so below quote and backspace....

i guess if you select quote by accident, can you exit the 'browser', clear apps, like on iphone and come back in to reply?...

Archived