L85a2 or M16 VN

napalmjackson
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I am stuck for my next choice of airsoft primary, I'm stuck between an army armament l85a2 or a classic army M16 VN 2014 polymer version. 

Any help making this decision would be appreciated. 

The AA L85 is a pretty terrible gun. Internals made of cheese by all accounts. The CA M16 like most cheap M4's is a fair rifle inside and out.

If you're keen on a bullpups then the APS UAR is the best "cheap" bullpup you can get with plenty of upgrade potential. 

Thanks for the advice I like having airsoft guns that are a little different I have a growing collection of ww2 airsoft weapons but was looking at getting something a little more modernish, so we have one vote for the M16 VN so far haha 

From my research looking for an L85A2, the ArmyArmaments version was the worst in build quality. (Its also an L85A1 if that's important)

The G&G was next up. (poor blowback design which is recommended, and luckily easy, to disconnect)

The ICS had the best reviews of non blowback models.

(I didn't look at the more expensive versions)

I ended up getting a second hand ICS L85A2 and very happy with it.

The main downside being the weight.  Running/crawing around with nearly 4kg does take a toll...

The Classic Army M15A1/M16A1 is cheaper and lighter but also longer so could be problematic there.

• Supporters

I have the G&G AFV (did have a full length 85 for quite a while as well) so I’m not doubting your research but am call bollox on the sorce material , the AFV is and the full was both cracking guns I ran them on 11.1 LiPo’s with no problems at all , yes the blowback is a bit gimmicky (not talking TM EBB !) but still makes a very satisfying smile inducing noise when fired .

Did have an ICS that had to sadly sell but for a good few yrs it really was my go too L85 bloody loved it .👍

Archived