Ares L1A1 SLR

Guest Inked Airsofter
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Inked Airsofter

Just purchased myslef the Ares L1A1 SLR from Patrolbase, never been so excited before! Anyone know anything I should know about the rifle? Been watching videos on it and good and bad points, thought I'd ask her as well 

• Supporters

You’ll spend most of your first gameday wondering around in a semi fog not believing you’ve got one of the most perfect long guns ever made clasped in your sweaty little mitts ! 

Watch out for the takedown lever at the rear of the gun, its not the strongest material and if not careful it will open up and you may break the nozzle off inside the gearbox when it unexpectedly folds itself in halfway through a game.  Other than that its all gravy.  I have put a full auto selector on mine but that was to avoid having to open up the takedown lever when the gearbox inevitably locked on semi.

• Supporters
53 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

I have put a full auto selector on mine but that was to avoid having to open up the takedown lever when the gearbox inevitably locked on semi.

Imaterial of the valid reason (and it is a very good one) but it’s still HERESY ! 😱

Agreed ........could always say I acquired it in the Falklands LOL

I call mine my cheat gun cos for a 315FPS gun the range is amazing

• Supporters

Every time I see an L1A1 thread I get triggered goddamit😈, loved the SLR since first using it in '80 started 'softing in 2001 & the nearest thing to it was the g3, but that never floated my boat, so bought numerous guns over the years, now wondering whether I shouldn't just flog a lot of it to fund an SLR/Sterling mk5 combo ?

image.png

3 hours ago, Tackle said:

Every time I see an L1A1 thread I get triggered goddamit😈, loved the SLR since first using it in '80 started 'softing in 2001 & the nearest thing to it was the g3, but that never floated my boat, so bought numerous guns over the years, now wondering whether I shouldn't just flog a lot of it to fund an SLR/Sterling mk5 combo ?

image.png

Would it make it worse to tell you have an L1A1 and a Sterling?

The Sterling is lovely bar the change lever which has come off on mine rendering it semi only till I get it fixed (again)

• Supporters

Which sterling do you have , the S&T or the Beta ? 

I have the sterling and I bloody love it ! 😍 got 7 mags for it , plus two sets of triple sterling pouches SO when I run it I do feel like the proverbial 🐷 in the 💩! 😁

Guest Inked Airsofter
10 hours ago, Tackle said:

image.png

Patrolbase offer finance that is what I got the SLR L1A1 on, take a look mate 

• Supporters

What Prisce said , first it’s “ohh I can get that new 200rps death dealing Glock  now ! And it’ll only cost me X amount a mth !” AND before you know it your round the back of the safezone lunchtime selling your sad little emaciated body for a bag of shitty .12 yellow BBs to feed your addiction !😱😱 

18 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Which sterling do you have , the S&T or the Beta ? 

I have the sterling and I bloody love it ! 😍 got 7 mags for it , plus two sets of triple sterling pouches SO when I run it I do feel like the proverbial 🐷 in the 💩! 😁

Beta and S&T are the same.  Mine is S&T branded

"just one more co2 bulb... then I'll quit... I just need to use up these .25s and I'm out..."

3 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

before you know it your round the back of the safezone lunchtime selling your sad little emaciated body for a bag of shitty .12 yellow BBs

• Supporters
20 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Would it make it worse to tell you have an L1A1 and a Sterling?

😜

25454822.jpg

• Supporters
2 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

Beta and S&T are the same.  Mine is S&T branded

Apparently S&T are the OEM and Beta projects bought there’s in partially finished from them and then completed the build to sell on (according the the bloke who runs Airsoft tiger) and the S&T is slightly better quality.

• Supporters
13 hours ago, Inked Airsofter said:

Patrolbase offer finance that is what I got the SLR L1A1 on, take a look mate 

Nah, as has been pointed out its a slippery slope, PLUS, & this is the bigger issue, my missus finds out I'm buying gats on tick, she'd prob do her nut & start buying all the crap that I've told her we can't afford lol, prob come home to Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen measuring up the place 😉.

Fuck that

15 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Apparently S&T are the OEM and Beta projects bought there’s in partially finished from them and then completed the build to sell on (according the the bloke who runs Airsoft tiger) and the S&T is slightly better quality.

Ahh.   Does the fire selector fall off yours then?

• Supporters
39 minutes ago, EvilMonkee said:

Ahh.   Does the fire selector fall off yours then?

Funny you should say that , it almost did , it started ‘playing up’ after a particularly veracious themed gameday (refuse to call them ‘mil-sim’ there not , there’s way too much action to be like the real thing !😂) at home I discovered it was very loose and about to part company from the rest so managed to save it .👍 

Yeh and the spring underneath it is tiny.  Have lost mine, need to figure out how to fix it

• Supporters
1 hour ago, EvilMonkee said:

Yeh and the spring underneath it is tiny.  Have lost mine, need to figure out how to fix it

Was lucky enough to have a replacement spring in my spares box(I’m an absolute hoarder and keep everything I can if I up-grade or break apart a dead gatt) that was a fair bit stronger than the original 👍

Archived