Good skirmish AEG

m1ck10v1n
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, I'm looking at getting an m4 for skirmish. 

I'm unsure on which m4 to buy, I was looking at the G&G predator as it comes with ETU and a mosfet. Although that is £270 and my budget is £500.

Im not sure on what parts to upgrade as I would like it to have a good rate of fire but good range/accuracy. 

Would anyone be able to recommend items to use that would keep me within budget please? 

Thank you. :)

The picture is the parts I was looking at. 

Screenshot_20181029-091411_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators
37 minutes ago, m1ck10v1n said:
  • my budget is £500.
  • I would like it to have a good rate of fire but good range/accuracy. 
  • Would anyone be able to recommend items to use that would keep me within budget please? 

Easy:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-recoil-cqbr-black-version-airsoft-gun-ebb-aeg

Then

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/fire-support-lipo-stock-conversion-for-marui-recoil-cqbr

Then

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-epm-marui-recoil-m4scar-magazines-black120-rnd (x2)

A smidge over £500 - enjoy trouble free, and high performance airsofting for the next 6-10 years.

blob.png.111bf3513e05e1a9d79ad272773465a3.png

And just to follow this up so I don't sound like an arsehole.. there is no need to buy a mid-range gun and "upgrade" it without using it.

A £300 gun will probably do just fine, but if you're lucky enough to have a budget of £500, use the majority of it on the best gun you can get.

And don't worry about upgrades - do that when something breaks or fails.

12 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Easy:

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/marui-recoil-cqbr-black-version-airsoft-gun-ebb-aeg

Then

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/fire-support-lipo-stock-conversion-for-marui-recoil-cqbr

Then

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/pts-epm-marui-recoil-m4scar-magazines-black120-rnd (x2)

A smidge over £500 - enjoy trouble free, and high performance airsofting for the next 6-10 years.

blob.png.111bf3513e05e1a9d79ad272773465a3.png

And just to follow this up so I don't sound like an arsehole.. there is no need to buy a mid-range gun and "upgrade" it without using it.

A £300 gun will probably do just fine, but if you're lucky enough to have a budget of £500, use the majority of it on the best gun you can get.

And don't worry about upgrades - do that when something breaks or fails.

What about the Sopmod version? 

Don't know much about TM. 

Is the hand rail replaceable? Dislike the outer barrel being visible. 

Thanks for the info though, going to have a look at some vids for it. 

Oh and do you know the ROF

Can't seem to find it. 

All the recoils are well worth it!

ROF depends on the battery

the handguard is indeed replacable, I have converted 2 M4's one to a Block 2 sopmod and another to a MK18.

TM have just announced the MK18 recoil, not sure on the ETA but that would save you having to swap the rail out?

The TM is a solid option - they've been making airsoft guns for longer than pretty much anybody else.

They've pretty much set the standard for recoil AEGs.

The other option I would consider if I was you is the G&G TR41-8. They are priced lower than the TM, so you could then stock up on magazines and upgrades within the budget.

56eed18e28cc752449bafda362144098.thumb.jpg.8afdd423821a061635ce569b69d5360e.jpg

Available in black and this rather fetching Tan as well...

Of course it isn't an M4, but a HK418 instead - but a lot of militaries are replacing the M4 with the HK416 now (for example the US Joint Special Operations Command) - so call it future-proofing. ;)

@L3wisD is bang on, if that's your budget then don't mess around with anything else, gun for life really.

In standard form it will out shoot the majority of guns, modified or not. Whilst still having massive potential for actual shooting upgrades.

From a operator POV the 416 has ambi controls which is great and the higher receiver top works better with optics

Buy a combat machine of some sort and leave it till it needs work done to it. 

Or just custom build something. 

I'll echo the above replies, there's plenty of 'fit and forget' guns around the £350 mark that will do the job out of the box, no need to pointlessly upgrade stuff. Look at the Krytac range, in addition to TM and G&G, I've been very impressed by my CRB's out of the box performance 

On 01/11/2018 at 19:45, Smooth_Operator said:

The TM is a solid option - they've been making airsoft guns for longer than pretty much anybody else.

They've pretty much set the standard for recoil AEGs.

The other option I would consider if I was you is the G&G TR41-8. They are priced lower than the TM, so you could then stock up on magazines and upgrades within the budget.

56eed18e28cc752449bafda362144098.thumb.jpg.8afdd423821a061635ce569b69d5360e.jpg

Available in black and this rather fetching Tan as well...

Of course it isn't an M4, but a HK418 instead - but a lot of militaries are replacing the M4 with the HK416 now (for example the US Joint Special Operations Command) - so call it future-proofing. ;)

I have this as my main CQB gun...runs fantastic and very impressed with range and accuracy.  Only thing I have done to it is add a 'deans connector'..not even going to touch the hopup.  :)

• 2 months later...

Sorry to necro my own thread, is the TM still viable or is there a better weapon? New budget is £650. 

I have been looking into LMGs too, I kinda like to throw a wall of BBs when people cheat (happens a lot where I go). 

I do want a gun with good range, fire rate and durability. 

Preferably a gun without recoil as it seems like they would break faster? Unless I'm wrong. 

You don't need a LMG, you can spray and pray with a regular M4 :P

TM is still viable, if you want RoF have a look at the High Cycle TM series. A mate has a HC M4 and it is fast, with a 7.4 LiPo it shoots faster than my ARP with 11.1s.

with £650 you can get the gun, a Titan electronic trigger and a nice drum mag, and still have some spare cash for strippers and cocaine ;)

Also keep in mind that TMs have some magic in them, low fps but outrange a lot of guns, gearboxes seem flimsy but they're so well made they'll last for ages.

Or get a wolverine MTW and have fun spraying people at 60rps :P

8 minutes ago, Skara said:

You don't need a LMG, you can spray and pray with a regular M4 :P

TM is still viable, if you want RoF have a look at the High Cycle TM series. A mate has a HC M4 and it is fast, with a 7.4 LiPo it shoots faster than my ARP with 11.1s.

with £650 you can get the gun, a Titan electronic trigger and a nice drum mag, and still have some spare cash for strippers and cocaine ;)

Also keep in mind that TMs have some magic in them, low fps but outrange a lot of guns, gearboxes seem flimsy but they're so well made they'll last for ages.

Or get a wolverine MTW and have fun spraying people at 60rps :P

Are normal m4 mags and a lipo usable with this? 

Or is it TM only? 

10 minutes ago, m1ck10v1n said:

Are normal m4 mags and a lipo usable with this? 

Or is it TM only? 

With a Titan? Any standard V2 gearbox (basically any M4 bar Ares EFCS ones) will accept it.

The TM HC M4 takes standard m4 mags and you can make it run on 7.4v LiPos.

If you want to use 11.1s I recommend buying a cheaper gun, as you'll be gutting it anyway and there is no reason to take apart a TM and replace the internals.

23 minutes ago, Skara said:

With a Titan? Any standard V2 gearbox (basically any M4 bar Ares EFCS ones) will accept it.

The TM HC M4 takes standard m4 mags and you can make it run on 7.4v LiPos.

If you want to use 11.1s I recommend buying a cheaper gun, as you'll be gutting it anyway and there is no reason to take apart a TM and replace the internals.

Atm I have been looking at an M249, SR-25, Ssg24 and a HPA honey badger with the wolverine. 

I currently have a predator so wanted something different. 

The TM guns sound good but seem more milsim. 

But I'm still browsing. 

3 minutes ago, m1ck10v1n said:

seem more milsim

What?

• Supporters
1 minute ago, m1ck10v1n said:

Atm I have been looking at an M249, SR-25, Ssg24 and a HPA honey badger with the wolverine. 

I currently have a predator so wanted something different. 

The TM guns sound good but seem more milsim. 

But I'm still browsing. 

Ignore the SSG24, costs far to much for how it performs, and the new batches are shocking. 

If your looking sniper, and don’t want to upgrade much, the SRS is the pro choice currently.

For your other choices, look at the M249 Para(lighter than the M249-easier to carry) A&k do a nice one around the £400 mark.

SR25- depends on the manufacturer, guessing you want a DMR?- still requires a lot of tinkering.

Anything HPA requires a lot of research, learning, competency and teching ability. My team mate HPA’s everything and he has to constantly change things depending on the weather and how he is going to use said gun.

The TMs are fantastic out of the box, and as has been said previously will give you years of trouble free fun. They can be expensive. 

You can always buy something like this, not as heavy as a LMG but still 2300 bbs at your disposal without reloading ;)

P_20190115_111133_vHDR_Auto.jpg

4 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Ignore the SSG24, costs far to much for how it performs, and the new batches are shocking. 

If your looking sniper, and don’t want to upgrade much, the SRS is the pro choice currently.

For your other choices, look at the M249 Para(lighter than the M249-easier to carry) A&k do a nice one around the £400 mark.

SR25- depends on the manufacturer, guessing you want a DMR?- still requires a lot of tinkering.

Anything HPA requires a lot of research, learning, competency and teching ability. My team mate HPA’s everything and he has to constantly change things depending on the weather and how he is going to use said gun.

The TMs are fantastic out of the box, and as has been said previously will give you years of trouble free fun. They can be expensive. 

The reason I was looking at the Ssg24 was because I can get it for £550.

The Lmg is A&K MK46 MOD 0 (M249). 

TM seem to be good, the 416 I was looking at seems to require a lot of converting to be able to use mags/batteries, unless you want to spend £50 on a battery. 

ATM I have 3 assault rifles, hence why I'm interested in something different. 

SRS > SSG all day long.

A stock SRS outperforms a SSG, and with upgrades they're on different galaxies..

LMGs don't make much sense to me unless you play a lot of milsims. Stay away from A&Ks, since you have the budget get a krytac lmg if you really want it..

TM 416s (and recoil shock series) only need a connector to use standard batteries, it takes literally 3 minutes to mod it and not even £5 worth of material. For mags you just buy the adapter but you lose the bolt lock feature.

G&P M249 is a very nice version of this model. Fully licensed and feels just like the real McCoy. (I have one and I've fired the real one for comparison...)

Very heavy though, about 6.5 kilos. Not so bad on a sling or because you'd mostly want to deploy it.

Although it's one big lump it's no heavier than running a GBBR and mags. Box holds 3,000 BBs and a huge battery.

Happy half way between an Assault and Sniper would be a DMR; SA25 of sorts.

I'd be tempted to buy a very nice model of something but keep back a couple of hundred to sink into a few upgrades. As said the Titan is a great upgrade (IMHO). It gIves pretty much total control over everything internally bar the hop. Then spend the rest on a good hop unit setup if required and perhaps an inner barrel. The G&P M249 will also accept the Titan....

I have the Ranger version. It's like a pimped Para.

SRS are meant to be very good, I have never tried one so I can't speak from experience.

31 minutes ago, Skara said:

SRS > SSG all day long.

A stock SRS outperforms a SSG, and with upgrades they're on different galaxies..

LMGs don't make much sense to me unless you play a lot of milsims. Stay away from A&Ks, since you have the budget get a krytac lmg if you really want it..

TM 416s (and recoil shock series) only need a connector to use standard batteries, it takes literally 3 minutes to mod it and not even £5 worth of material. For mags you just buy the adapter but you lose the bolt lock feature.

https://www.skirmshop.co.uk/srs-a1-22-inches-barrel-od-pull-bolt.html

This one correct? 

I did buy a ares striker, it was so bad, no matter what I did to it, it just would shoot straight, mine would go right and my friends would go left, seemed strange. 

I have 3 assault rifles atm, so don't really want to get another one tbh. 

But thanks for all the help. 

I have a striker too and I'm slowly upgrading it as I find flaws :)

latest one I found (as I'm typing) is the hop regulation grub screw is crap and unscrews with every shot, so it needs to be replaced with something better.

the gun isn't bad per se, of course it's a "low cost" bolt action and, as 99% of the low cost guns, it needs upgrades and replacements :)

The SRS comes in 3 different lengths and two bolt versions.

Length is up to you, as for the bolt I recommend the PULL bolt, as the push one is kinda weird to use..

12 minutes ago, Skara said:

I have a striker too and I'm slowly upgrading it as I find flaws :)

latest one I found (as I'm typing) is the hop regulation grub screw is crap and unscrews with every shot, so it needs to be replaced with something better.

the gun isn't bad per se, of course it's a "low cost" bolt action and, as 99% of the low cost guns, it needs upgrades and replacements :)

The SRS comes in 3 different lengths and two bolt versions.

Length is up to you, as for the bolt I recommend the PULL bolt, as the push one is kinda weird to use..

It says one is a pull bolt and one is pull back, got to find it in stock though. 

Archived