A10 V Abraham’s , just a bit different !

Druid799
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

As the title says these guys built a remote control A10 and an Abraham’s then weaponized them with Airsoft guns ! 

• Supporters

I watched this too, really cool concept and i liked it.

BUT!!! 

An A10 does not have props on the wings, i understand they had to do it as the motors in the fan ducts had barely enough power for controlled flight for the A10 (i watched part 1 of this too)

The A10 is famous for many things, chief among which is the GAU-8 rotary cannon (making that sweet sweet BRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr noise), they equipped it with a P90 gearbox, barrel and hop. Evike should have given them this: https://www.evike.com/products/71996/ yeah it would have taken extensive modifiying and its heavy, but they seem pretty competant to do so and had all the machine shop tool needed.

Also no fault of their own as they probably didn't know or understand the hop up chamber but they mounted the P90 hop up chamber sideways rather than vertically, which would have made their shots really off.

I understand a lot of compromises were made for a video that was really for fun and yeah it was fun to watch. But if i had unlimited moolah I would probably have used more powerful motors in the A10 (probably using the most powerful ones anyways) or maybe even actual RC mini jets, installed some kind of rotary barrelled cannon.

Just my two cents :D

Archived