M16a3 to a2 conversion

Droicky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Assuming standard 20mm RIS rail on top of the reciever, any m4/m16 handle should mount. Less hassle and cheaper than a whole receiver.

If you really want the A2 handle however https://reairsoft.com/-gp-m16a2-metal-carry-handle-en

• Supporters
9 hours ago, skintrade said:

Assuming standard 20mm RIS rail on top of the reciever, any m4/m16 handle should mount. Less hassle and cheaper than a whole receiver.

If you really want the A2 handle however https://reairsoft.com/-gp-m16a2-metal-carry-handle-en

M16A2 has a one piece upper, not the flat top with rail mount handle.

19 minutes ago, Lozart said:

M16A2 has a one piece upper, not the flat top with rail mount handle.

The A3 however has a rail, i was offering an alternative solution. 😀

G&P do make an A2 and you can buy the receiver on it's own but you are looking at least £100.00 if you can find one in Stock. Google is your friend.

• Supporters
22 hours ago, Droicky said:

Does anyone know any a2 upper receivers which would fit on a g&p m16a3? I prefer the a2 style carry handle which is built into the receiver.

There is one jg a2 upper receiver I have seen but I’m unsure if it is compatible

12 hours ago, skintrade said:

The A3 however has a rail, i was offering an alternative solution. 😀

An alternative, but not what the OP asked for...

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply everyone, got myself an A1 reciever which makes it kind of an ar15a2.

The only problem is that I can’t get the barrel nut off the old upper receiver, even with the ar15 wrench and the help of a friend. I’m turning it the right way, but due to the pressure, the old upper (which I don’t plan on using anymore) had bent and snapped in some areas.

Is there any other  way to easily remove a barrel nut, even if it means breaking the upper receiver?E3D99831-2CD2-412D-B7A1-D509D43345BD.thumb.jpeg.1ad2554f3b7cb1f196a28bccba06e957.jpeg

Archived