Tracer help.. scorpion carbine bet

Interloper393
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys just picked up this bad boy and I'm looking for some help fitting a tracer to it.. what options do I have? I don't want to butcher it, seen people cutting the inner barrel n shit that's not for me..

The superstore is a fake so wondering if the at1000 would fit inside it?

I don't think a tracer hop unit would fit either..

Cheers for any input..

2018-10-27 22.34.32.jpg

If memory serves...

The fake suppressor 'should' unscrew revealing a 14mm CW (Clockwise) thread, but, to attach most tracer units you will need to convert the thread to 14mm CCW (Counter Clockwise) using a thread adaptor.

But I have been known to be wrong. Anyone else?

That answers the question about adding tracer tech inside the suppressor too then, the barrel would mask the light. Might need to get a shorter inner barrel, less butchering and allows you to revert. 

The inner for the std model (non BET) should be a straight swap, that would allow for alternative front mounting. However I'll leave it for the more knowledgeable techies to confirm

Only thing I could think off lol..

Was thinking if I upgrade the inner barrel to a 6.01 but shorter then if a tracer would fit in the compressor housing I might get away with it.. was hoping someone's done it and could shed some advice lol.

I was told the inner barrel wasn't as long but turns out it is

If you're on Facebook, there is a group for Scorpion Owners. Join that, search for Simon Moore, he will tell you exactly how to do it. However, as it stands it's either put a tracer unit inside your current suppressor (pull apart a b&t one) or, use a smaller barrel and get a tracer like the Nuprol one. You'll find that using the Nuprol one your suppressor will probably end just at the edge of the Mlok part.

Furthermore, it's not a 14mm thread at the end, I believe it's 18mm.

Best advice is to look up Simon Moore. Please, for the love of God, don't ask this question on the Facebook group because it's been done over and over.

36 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Please, for the love of God, don't ask this question on the Facebook group because it's been done over and over.

I would change that to say "search the FB group for information, but if you still can't find it then ask, but be aware it's been asked repeatedly"

36 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Furthermore, it's not a 14mm thread at the end, I believe it's 18mm.

As I said I can only go from memory, but different versions of that rifle have different outer barrel diameters, easy enough to measure though 😃

1 hour ago, skintrade said:

I would change that to say "search the FB group for information, but if you still can't find it then ask, but be aware it's been asked repeatedly"

As I said I can only go from memory, but different versions of that rifle have different outer barrel diameters, easy enough to measure though 😃

Why would I change what I wrote? 

Typo on my behalf, meant "I would add", good spot - I need to stop writing 3 things at the same time, was working on a recommendation for my exes CV, was telling her to change something at the time.

Archived