Is there any need to fit mosfet to Tm 416d recoil

Allen428
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m looking at getting a TM 416 delta and at the moment I don’t really want to modify it apart from a Lipo mod. My only concern is semi lock up, any one run standard TM416 with out mosfets do you get many lock ups? Or is it just a lot of scaremongering due to excessive trigger spamming?

I have already got a 416 devgru but it’s had a BTC Spectre fitted from new.

• Supporters

In a word ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NO 

me personally I think your spot on with the scaremongering point , again me personally I think it’s just the BTC fan boys trying to legitimise spending silly money on something you don’t ‘need’ to run your gun . I’ve got a 9-10yr old socom that’s been running on 7.4v Lipo (now 9.9v LiFe) totally stock Barr a spring change and guess what ? It’s STILL running fine ! 

Who’da thunk ! 😉

Thanks for your replies, think I will keep it stock apart from a Lipo mod and will be running 7.4v batteries.

• Supporters
46 minutes ago, Allen428 said:

Thanks for your replies, think I will keep it stock apart from a Lipo mod and will be running 7.4v batteries.

Out of curiosity which type of mod you going for ? 

With all my Armalite platforms I get rid of absolutely everything to do with the original power supply and solder my deans straight to the two wires sticking out of the stock tube so I can run any stock I want on it . 👍

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

Out of curiosity which type of mod you going for ? 

With all my Armalite platforms I get rid of absolutely everything to do with the original power supply and solder my deans straight to the two wires sticking out of the stock tube so I can run any stock I want on it . 👍

When buying the gun I’ve got the option of having the Lipo mod done. When I i did it myself on my devgru I bought some better contact bars and used a deans connecter.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Allen428 said:

When buying the gun I’ve got the option of having the Lipo mod done. When I i did it myself on my devgru I bought some better contact bars and used a deans connecter.

Fair enuff , I like going ‘the whole hog’ so I can use different stocks , horses for courses in the end ?

Apart from saving trigger contacts when using 11.1s or having a programmable burst, no..

Although having your piston stop in the same spot every single time is a nice feature that prolongs the mechbox life..

Archived