What are you looking for in Airsoft?

Prisce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Depends on the defenders "live" ruling if they only had two respawns or could only defend a certain space it would work quite well. We regularly play a game similar just without a working prop that works without any issues.

yep, although care needs to be taken to avoid the ol "lets go kill everyone then defuse the bomb" tactic

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Single best game mode would be Carrier Assault from BF4.

However, some would struggle with the logistics, it's actually very easy once you think outside the box.

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Played a few games with riot shields.

One fella thought he was safe until I rolled a pea grenade past his feet. HIs expression was hilarious.

Love pea grenades.

riot shield gameplay 101:

"aww yeah a riot shield, i'll be invincible"

"damn this thing is heavy"

"how do i reload carrying this thing"

"**** they're flanking me"

"HIT!"

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Cleggy said:

I'd like to see a fake csgo like bomb where the attackers have to type a code onto it, and the defenders have to diffuse with the same code. If not, loud boom from the speaker built into the fake bomb. 

Made by my team mate for Airsoft Plantation.

Rift Airsoft also use a riot shield every game day. Anyone can use it, but if you leave it in game they confiscate it.

1 minute ago, Prisce said:

Made by my team mate for Airsoft Plantation.

That canister makes me uncomfortable and that's rare. Other than that, sweet setup.

• Supporters
Just now, Cleggy said:

That is so cool... defo got to refer this to my CQB site owner

Anyone can make one, just got to know a little about electrics and circuitry.

Just now, Seth_K said:

That canister makes me uncomfortable and that's rare. Other than that, sweet setup.

I mean I doubt spec ops open bomb containers feeling comfortable, so it adds to the immersion. 

• Supporters
Just now, Seth_K said:

It’s not got anything in, and it’s only a simulation. 

Anyone can make one, just got to know a little about electrics and circuitry.

Im an International Relations student, so way I can hook something like that up lmao

1 minute ago, Cleggy said:

I mean I doubt spec ops open bomb containers feeling comfortable, so it adds to the immersion. 

It’s not got anything in, and it’s only a simulation. 

Considering RIFs are almost indistinguishable from their ballistic counterparts, I can't say much. 

4 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Are you serious?

Airsoft Gizmos

44968941_1139661426199492_12572781761286

Most of the time no I'm not serious at all but on this yeah I am most of us have 2+ RIFs its smart to have a back up anyway as not matter what you've got there is no guarantee it wont fail on you for ton of reasons.I just find it sad when a  player walks off due to no back up I even offered my own but you can see they're pissed off and just want to go.This also has a knock on effect of imbalanced teams which can be a fucking drag too,my second RIF will be here next week now having been badly let down by my local retailer,cant wait to field it  as having a back up will defiantly give me a lot more confidence.

It wont happen but in an ideal world there would be more consistency in Airsoft in the UK.

By that I mean, guns with similar FPS and ROF, they all basically do the same anyway so why can they not be more universal. Obviously I am not saying a pistol and a sniper rifle be the same, but among classes of weapons there could be less variance which would help massively to reduce issues, cheats and ultimately make the game safer.

Same goes for site rules and regulations. A standardised rule system including FPS and safety brief, a lot of unique sites will need their own brief but do sensible, reasonable adults need to be told EVERY week at the same site by the same person about the same rules? no, so maybe a standardised way of delivering briefs would help.

If every site finally realised the bang rule is shit the better too! Also the same MED and grenade radius would be useful across all sites. I know a lot of sites use similar rules, but some are very different and if you play across multiple sites like I do its actually annoying that some sites have three great rules but then had some silly complicated medic rule or allow bang kills etc.

As as mentioned even consistency in gun materials and costs would be nice.

33 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

It wont happen but in an ideal world there would be more consistency in Airsoft in the UK.

By that I mean, guns with similar FPS and ROF, they all basically do the same anyway so why can they not be more universal. Obviously I am not saying a pistol and a sniper rifle be the same, but among classes of weapons there could be less variance which would help massively to reduce issues, cheats and ultimately make the game safer.

Same goes for site rules and regulations. A standardised rule system including FPS and safety brief, a lot of unique sites will need their own brief but do sensible, reasonable adults need to be told EVERY week at the same site by the same person about the same rules? no, so maybe a standardised way of delivering briefs would help.

If every site finally realised the bang rule is shit the better too! Also the same MED and grenade radius would be useful across all sites. I know a lot of sites use similar rules, but some are very different and if you play across multiple sites like I do its actually annoying that some sites have three great rules but then had some silly complicated medic rule or allow bang kills etc.

So you really dont think Deans and a Mosfet will become standard its a shame as its only at a guess £20 to the manufacturer I know we can DIY or get a tech but then  if you use a tech you can kiss goodbye to at least £90+ which bumps a cheap RIF to over £150+ As for the Bang rule please god make it go away

1 hour ago, Albiscuit said:

If someones a cheater then it makes no difference what fps or rof they have. They cheat regardless... in fact I'd say if all was even people would cheat more to get an edge over the rest. Cheaters cheat. It's what they do.

And how would similar FPS and ROF make anything safer? We already have a universal limit and most places set their own limit to 20fps below it.  AEG for example; 350fps. It's the person that's the potential issue and that's something that can only be dealt with after they do something which can't be predicted. That leads to players clashing; that's human nature. It's going to happen even if we play with potato guns or just bang rules only (rubbish rule, I'll agree 100% with that!). "Bang bang, no I banged you first, no you didn't....etc."

I'd say safety is down to the protection you buy and how you play, where you play and with whom.

Why consistency with gun materials and costs? I fail to see how this makes any difference. If you want a plastic one and I want a steel one then who cares as long as everyone is happy. We're still bound by certain limits. I appreciate some people have more to burn so why shouldn't someone have the choice. It's what seperates budget, mid and high end rifs. Like everything in life really.

Personally I like the choice and it's part of what keeps my interest, not just playing. I've found gems at both ends of the market.

Please don't think of my post as a bash but I can't fathom why you want this or why you think it may make a difference. 👍

Unless your joking and I've wasted my time writing this!! lol :D

No standards across an industry is a bad sign, we have FPS/Joules, but that is one aspect.

Is there a place/group where site owners gather? Hardly matters as most come and go after a few years.

The relationship between Site and Player is symbiotic.

The future? If we don't decide what it will be then it will be given to us.

Do I expect it to happen organically? No! Organisation cost money, but it can be done. Who is going to step up?

17 hours ago, StayOnTarget said:

Most of the time no I'm not serious at all but on this yeah I am most of us have 2+ RIFs its smart to have a back up anyway as not matter what you've got there is no guarantee it wont fail on you for ton of reasons.I just find it sad when a  player walks off due to no back up I even offered my own but you can see they're pissed off and just want to go.This also has a knock on effect of imbalanced teams which can be a fucking drag too,my second RIF will be here next week now having been badly let down by my local retailer,cant wait to field it  as having a back up will defiantly give me a lot more confidence.

Dude, not being funny but you realise that some folks cant afford to have a second gun. Whatever the reason if people go home then your site marshals should be rebalancing the teams, so if people leaving is ruining your day then you might want to talk to your site. I know loads of people that run one RIF, I also know loads of people with one car, one phone.....

On ‎27‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 23:52, Druid799 said:

Sennybridge anyone? 😉

I will never ever go back to that wind, rain driven Welsh shithole

2 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Dude, not being funny but you realise that some folks cant afford to have a second gun. Whatever the reason if people go home then your site marshals should be rebalancing the teams, so if people leaving is ruining your day then you might want to talk to your site. I know loads of people that run one RIF, I also know loads of people with one car, one phone.....

Oh I get that its just a wish thats all,funny I was at a skirmish got talking to a father and son the young man is well into it and was making plans for a £300+ RIF his dad looks at him in horror "£300"! "yeah" says the lad "christmas and birthday combined" I tell you the youth of today know what they want. Thankfully I managed to get him to see that 1 is none and 2 is 1 (if you can afford it).

@StayOnTarget @Immortal

Was mainly thinking out loud in the above post but my bit about ROF and FPS being a little more universal was from a site point of view. 

Of course there will be people who want to mod their stuff to be faster, more powerful, more colourful etc and that’s great. There’s loads of industries build off this. 

But more from a Sunday skirmish point of view if sites had a more universal approach to site limits and manufacturers also took a more similar approach it would stop a lot of issues.  Less overkill, fewer hot guns, no more getting rinsed and out played by teams with super HPA rigs and a more fairer day for all.

do we need arp9s with drum mags being basically the same as a support weapon? Or a MK23 with a scope and body kit as good as a sniper rifle?

one of the reasons (not all but quite a few) people get into airsift is the realism of the kit. So why should a pistol be as effective as a sniper or a smg a cheaper version of a support gun? 

Im not saying this SHOULD be the standard, just putting it out there for discussion. 

I personally can see how it may benefit. Yeah choice is great, and there should be room for that too. 

19 hours ago, Immortal said:

Why consistency with gun materials and costs? I fail to see how this makes any difference. If you want a plastic one and I want a steel one then who cares as long as everyone is happy. We're still bound by certain limits. I appreciate some people have more to burn so why shouldn't someone have the choice. It's what seperates budget, mid and high end rifs. Like everything in life really.

Personally I like the choice and it's part of what keeps my interest, not just playing. I've found gems at both ends of the market.

I think theres too much choice...

There are literally hundreds of guns across all manufacturers and price points. And in some cases the quality varies widely. 

Its pretty much the same in any industry though to be fair and mostly avoidable but thats  more of a bash on capitalism rather then airsoft :D  

Not saying they should all be made the same, a choice between steel and plastic should still be there, but does there really need to be 200 different variants of a £180 M4 when ultimately they all do the same thing?

**And in all honesty I went a little off topic, what I posted is not what I am looking for in Airsoft, more of an ideal situation...**

I play for fun, as long as I have a good day and enjoy myself Its all good. I suppose the realism of the guns and the adrenaline rush when playing is what appeals to me. 

As long as I have guns they look good and sites with games that engage me I will keep playing.

Archived