What are you looking for in Airsoft?

Prisce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

cope hill/longmoor/senny/catterick

/caerwent 

Can’t remember the others off the top of my head we can still get on

Yeah but I can't just fall out of bed in to those lol😏

Rype, or any other of the local mod sites haven't been helped by the "new" landmarc boss in this region, he had an issue with one game organiser & since then has shown a pathological dislike of all things Airsoft , ramping prices unrealistically high etc.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Sennybridge anyone? 😉

Have many a memory of Sennybridge but you also got stanta too many memories of there too. 

Standardised rules and expectations. 

If every site or at least a group of sites all had the same rules/briefs and limits etc it would mean less time standing around for safety briefs if you are a regular player (maybe on your third visit you no longer have to listen or something? Just a leaflet with “don’t be a dick” on it?) 

less time wasted between games. On site at 8am, first game at 10, finish at 4. Hour for lunch and half hour between games = less fucking time playing and I paid for the day!!

The mall had it about right with quick turn arounds and not a lot of wasted time.

i like the idea of a equal playing field, guns vein the same FPS/rof etc but people love to tinker and that would be a step backwards so won’t happen. A possibility for tournaments or such though..

More options for sites with different game types would also be nice 

An affordable bio shell ejecting ammo system in rifs. A fire and forget affordability. It would be cool to see those casings flying out and know you don't need to pick them all up. I see them as similar to dan wesson style shells perhaps in different cals to mimic real world rounds but still loaded with 6mm with the casing made of a cellulose. That would be a step up.

I know this kinda sytem exists in paintball (0.45 balls) but it's not bio casings, affordable and it's, meh,  paintball not airsoft. lol :D 

I'm assuming aerodynamic shaped rounds that work with rifled barrels is probably a push too far...

Controversial. But I want to see a well implemented Airsofter License. No idea how one would get it, but it would legitimise the sport whilst hopefully keeping out the idiots. It would also mean I can take my stuff on public transport and having something to show the police if they decided to stop me on the underground. 

Decent Bio BBs every bit as good as the non bios and are mandatory on all outdoor sites. 

Moar bullpups. 

2 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Licences don't stop idiots. They just generate money.

Keep out "Casual" idiots then ;)

A good time out.

All the fun of practical firearms days, without the bullshit, mean instructors and painful simunition.
Also, a social time. I want to meet people, make friends (cue inbetweeners FRIENDS double thumbs up) - I work freelance and live in the arse end of rural nowhere. I can go a week without seeing another human being except for the shop and the offy. I'd like to just do something where I can meet someone to go for pint with some time.

• Supporters

What i would like to see more of or added to Airsoft:

Real Working Toilets (men and women of course) - with paper, doors, flushing loo. I dont mean Buckingham Palace thrones just something clean to do the deed

Better designed retail websites with better filters - EhobbyAsia had it just about right, then they overhauled their website and broke it all, probably LWA, Evike or Zero1 have it closest now

More varied and in stock products - how often do you come across "Out of Stock".

Seating/setting up areas to be covered or sheltered from the elements, and better flooring whilst they are at it

Less Chinese replica/clone tat - for clothing and accessories

More sites but better quality - too many sites are just woodland with a bit of crappy structures, literally i could cut and paste Dragons Lair into Billericay Airsoft and its just the same place, different staff. 

Need more CQB sites near me - its not like frikking LONDON has no buildings, heck we have tons of abandoned factories, warehouses, hospitals etc cant we play in those before they are turned into (UN)affordable luxury flats?

Less hate for HPA - too many people hate on it and those who use it, ok you dont like the line fine, i dont mind it so stop giving me dirties. Not every HPA user (i for one) puts their Polarstar powered gun at 600FPS at 500RPS, there are more responsible HPA users than abusers.

5 hours ago, AshOnSnow said:

A good time out.

All the fun of practical firearms days, without the bullshit, mean instructors and painful simunition.
Also, a social time. I want to meet people, make friends (cue inbetweeners FRIENDS double thumbs up) - I work freelance and live in the arse end of rural nowhere. I can go a week without seeing another human being except for the shop and the offy. I'd like to just do something where I can meet someone to go for pint with some time.

Have you tried dating? 😂

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Shizbazki said:

Need more CQB sites near me - its not like frikking LONDON has no buildings, heck we have tons of abandoned factories, warehouses, hospitals etc

you'd think so, but recently I've seen Met sc019/ctsfo's using a recently closed hospital near me (St Saviors, Hythe, Kent), & that's nearly 80 miles from London.

9 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Decent Bio BBs every bit as good as the non bios 

Very much this /\ 

9 hours ago, Asomodai said:

Moar bullpups. 

Not this though 😉

11 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

less time wasted between games. On site at 8am, first game at 10, finish at 4. Hour for lunch and half hour between games = less fucking time playing and I paid for the day!!

The mall had it about right with quick turn arounds and not a lot of wasted time.

On the above - as a marshal I would like to see players that turn up on time for the brief, chrono, game start, game brief etc etc...

All too often there is a group of players that are late to everything slowing down the day for everyone else unfortunately the group changes throughout the day so its not as simple as saying they have to sit out as you have to give people fair warning/benefit of the doubt, also players having the decency to keep quiet while games are explained you may have played a game before but not everyone else has and its funny its always the regulars that 5 minutes into a game have to ask what we are doing where we have changed it slightly to keep things fresh.

Been to too many games where people know the main safety brief is at say 10 and the chrono closes at 9:50. if you cant be up on time to get to a site for between 8-9 to make sure you are chrono'd in time I do wonder how you would survive in the real world with a job that requires you to turn up on time. Being late for one thing has a knock on effect for the rest of the day and not just for yourself but for everyone else to differing levels.

• Supporters

Watch some of those latecomers, there was a team, formed & led by a mouthy Aussie bird, who always arrive late, literally during game play, so missing chrono's, one day myself & another Marshall pounced on them, everyone failed the chrono, but what a surprise they all had a lower fps gun back in the car.

😉

• Supporters
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

All too often there is a group of players that are late to everything slowing down the day for everyone else unfortunately the group changes throughout the day so its not as simple as saying they have to sit out as you have to give people fair warning/benefit of the doubt

Have you tried it though?  I ask because I fully agree with the above, and am usually the first to chrono, and to the briefing spot, which gives me the leisure to listen to the many, many, many times that site owners have to yell at Tommy Tardy to get a bloody move on.

As a constructive suggestion, we're pretty well programmed to obey machines now, so perhaps if sites used a siren or even a whistle to announce, say, 5 minutes to leave the safe zone, 1 minute, then that's it, you had fair warning, you had it twice, now the zone is locked off, and you can join the next game.

It would hack off the Tardies, but a public sitting-out pour encourager les autres might lead to less time being wasted for everyone over the day.  It would certainly save a lot of yelling.

6 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Watch some of those latecomers, there was a team, formed & led by a mouthy Aussie bird, who always arrive late, literally during game play, so missing chrono's, one day myself & another Marshall pounced on them, everyone failed the chrono, but what a surprise they all had a lower fps gun back in the car.

😉

At my local CQB site, they'd be going home with their hot guns.  No second chances.  Well, that's the stated policy.  I'd like to hope that it's enforced.

I would like:

- you know those free running places with foam buildings? I want to play in one of those as I think free running Airsoft would be a hoot.

- A indoor Airsoft place in Norfolk (just covert one of the failed estates in Yarmouth)

- More variety in guns available and more people using different guns.

- Vehicle and drone use.

- More teamwork

- More roleplay (pretend to die instead of just hand up)

- More people just having a laugh instead of shouting at other unnesscarly.

- More people growing a pair and pushing.

- Maybe if there was no cheaters - adding a more interesting hit system (if hit in arm, you can't use it, etc)

- More casual events.

- Maybe Airsoft on TV.

And loads more but I don't want to take up the whole thread.

13 minutes ago, Tackle said:

😉

No one plays at our site unless they chrono and have a tag we take a chrono and tags out in the field and check people throughout the day so isn't really an issue for us as the safezone team tell us if a player is late and that they need chroning (guns are checked before leaving the safe zone), all tags are checked throughout the day in various ways also. If people try to be sneaky and not declare their guns/get them chono'd and they are found out they will get sent back to safezone/asked to leave

8 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Have you tried it though?  I ask because I fully agree with the above, and am usually the first to chrono, and to the briefing spot, which gives me the leisure to listen to the many, many, many times that site owners have to yell at Tommy Tardy to get a bloody move on.

As a constructive suggestion, we're pretty well programmed to obey machines now, so perhaps if sites used a siren or even a whistle to announce, say, 5 minutes to leave the safe zone, 1 minute, then that's it, you had fair warning, you had it twice, now the zone is locked off, and you can join the next game.

It would hack off the tardies, but a public sitting-out pour encourager les autres might lead to less time being wasted for everyone over the day.  It would certainly save a lot of yelling.

We have yes. We're not worried about sending people back/leaving them out of games if they persistently don't listen or are a general disruption to briefs etc our site is quite a transient site so we don't always get a large number of regulars but we do get a large amount of rentals and new players. We always do a shout out when chrono opens and also 10 minutes before it closes.

If we are in the game zone and people are talking during a brief usually waiting and looking at the person/group until either everyone looks at them or they just shut up naturally after realising its all quiet apart from them works.

8 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

- Vehicle and drone use.

- More teamwork

- More roleplay (pretend to die instead of just hand up)

Thought of playing more milsim/filmsim/whatever other sim now exists?

I take my 16 year old regular playing airsoft 

He is not allowed to use pyro but people are allowed to through pyro at him

And generally trying to get more kids into airsoft

Teamwork, plain and simple.

Well not plain or simple actually, teams should compliment each other not just be more of the same.

Give me the ability to be an asset to my team!

As for anything site-related, no comment ;)

On 27/10/2018 at 17:58, Immortal said:

I'd like a few local villages to be seized, evacuated and turned into game zones.

Perhaps just designate a new county, the County of PewPew where you drive in and game on till you leave the borders.

Stuff like that really...

This would be incredible! 😂

16 hours ago, Shizbazki said:

Need more CQB sites near me - its not like frikking LONDON has no buildings, heck we have tons of abandoned factories, warehouses, hospitals etc cant we play in those before they are turned into (UN)affordable luxury flats?

Less hate for HPA - too many people hate on it and those who use it, ok you dont like the line fine, i dont mind it so stop giving me dirties. Not every HPA user (i for one) puts their Polarstar powered gun at 600FPS at 500RPS, there are more responsible HPA users than abusers.

This +1

With the Mall closing I need somewhere to play in winter, and don't want to go all the way across London to Greenwich.

16 minutes ago, MisterG said:

This +1

With the Mall closing I need somewhere to play in winter, and don't want to go all the way across London to Greenwich.

After only just getting back into the sport, I'm gutted I've missed out on having 'The Mall' on my doorstep (managed to play two games there this month)

They are hopeful in finding another site, but I doubt anything could compare to the uniqueness of the Mall especially in this area...

Would love some more CQB sites, and maybe as mentioned some more 'village/town' based environments that offer indoor and outdoor game play in an urban environment.  

DMR FPS limit consistency across sites, I have heard of 370, 380, 400, 420, 425, 450 and 500.

Of course 500 would be ideal 😉 , but even consistently 450 would be great.

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

Teamwork, plain and simple.

amen, some simple tips i've seen from sites (in the form of a general rant admittedly)

don't give the guy with a pkm the medic role- he's a freakin support gunner

medics shouldn't be blazing into combat, sure you need to be on the frontlines to help people but you're also not supposed to die (i've yet to meet an airsoft medic that didn't do this)

snipers should stop going mark wahlerg and actually engage in helping their team-mates when they're in sticky situations

if you see a support gunner wildly firing in the direction of the enemy do not for the love of god sit and whine to him about "you only need 1 shot mate", it's called suppressing fire and the time you spend complaining would be better spent flanking the enemy and rigorously demonstrating your 1 shot 1 kill prowess.

when defending/holding an objective make sure to scan everywhere, not just where the enemy is attacking currently, just because you're not piling into the fray doesn't mean it's not useful (unless there's extenuating circumstances like you know the enemy can only attack from 1 direction)

and finally when you are in a team, don't just walk along in a pile, actually scratch that, do walk along in a closely packed line, will make it easier for me to take you all out with 1 burst.

Archived