What are you looking for in Airsoft?

Prisce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Now before I start this. No I have no plans, no alterior motives, or hair brain ideas(well that I want to share)

We get a lot of people trying to suggest ideas that we all dismiss as stupid. 

So just thought it would be a good idea to make a thread were you guys can place your “Dangerous, unrealistic and insane” ideas.

Where do you think Airsoft should be heading? What guns would you like to see? What game zones? What rule changes?  Would you like to see things standardised?i.e quick coupling fittings for HPA guns?

Anything and everything you want to see changed, heck someone might read it and actually do something about it.  

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Head Moderator

An official Airsoft License to play the game, 18+ only.  Only issued after passing a theory test on sportsmanship. 

Disclaimer: This may or may not be serious. Risk of sarcasm likely.

• Supporters

I know for some it’s the building/mod’ing/tweaking to the tiniest margin that’s the thing they like about the sport but I’d love to see specific standardards on FPS and rates of fire set for all guns wether electric/spring/hpa/steam or what ever ! Giving a nice Level playing field , and then see how the game dynamics change ? 

Higher quality bullpups. And less hate for bullpups. 😂

RoF in keeping with real life counterparts. (Similar to Druid's suggestion with uniform RoF)

Better designed retail websites with better filters.

Better product availability.

Standardised internals (such as gearbox dimensions, spring guide dimensions etc.)

I'd like a few local villages to be seized, evacuated and turned into game zones.

Perhaps just designate a new county, the County of PewPew where you drive in and game on till you leave the borders.

Stuff like that really...

15 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I'd like a few local villages to be seized, evacuated and turned into game zones.

Perhaps just designate a new county, the County of PewPew where you drive in and game on till you leave the borders.

Stuff like that really...

Seconded. May I suggest the city of Hull instead? Solves my problem with lack of game sites and your problem and go big or go home right? 

5 minutes ago, YorkieT17 said:

Seconded. May I suggest the city of Hull instead? Solves my problem with lack of game sites and your problem and go big or go home right? 

The people of Hull need to stay in Hull

• Supporters
1 minute ago, E21A said:

The people of Hull need to stay in Hull

It’s a well known fact that back in the 1200’s when historians were translating Norse into English they made a huge error in translating Hull.

Its actual translation is Hell.

(slight hint of BS for dramatic effect 😏)

• Supporters

i'd like to see some more legitimacy coming into the sport, bit more public recognition so we don't have to keep explaining what the hell it is.

for where i am i'd like to see the limits changed from our 1j flat across the board to something closer to mainland rules, also get rid of the stupid ass ban on pyros.

in terms of technology, well i'd love to find the time/money combination to finish the hair brained idea that had me join this forum, or at least prove conclusively wether or not it'd work.

locally i'd like to see some more sites, the 2 most decent ones near me are gone leaving either a 1hr drive to cheatsville and a guaranteed questioning why you're doing this to yourself or a 2.5hr drive to go to a site where they like full auto at 5 feet with their 450+fps guns. the only site that's semi decent is cqb only (even the outdoor section is practically cqb)

and finally for a decent method of chrono'ing guns that doesn't allow cheaters (this is my unrealistic wish)

1: More site's 

2: Proper wc's

3: Some sort of clear the village mode (village required as per no:1) as mainly play woodland games.

4: More covered seating area's

5: Full supply of hot water for the free tea / coffee supplied ( as 1no water boiler doesn't accommodate 100+airsofters).

6: Better food & a drink to accompany the lunch fee paid.

7: As above replies, Level playing field for guns.

I’d like to see freeze suits.

You get hit by a bb, it gives you a mild tazing so you fall over and can’t move for a bit.

Not because I skirmish, but just because it would be funny 😂

• Supporters
3 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Less ego’s/dickheads

You got two hopes of that mate , Bob Hope and no hope , and Bobs dead ! 🤦‍♂️😂😂

• Supporters

+1 to more sites featuring an Old Abandoned $STRUCTURE.

Watching continental airsoft video featuring mansions, bunkers, prisons and in one case an entire village built for the military to do urban training gets me right in the jealousy gland.

10 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

Watching continental airsoft video featuring mansions, bunkers, prisons and in one case an entire village built for the military to do urban training gets me right in the jealousy gland.

Not been to copehill down?

• Supporters

Sennybridge anyone? 😉

9 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Sennybridge anyone? 😉

I too have experienced the sideways rain at senny but I was paying for the pleasure of being there 😂😂😂

That placeshad has its own bloody eco system!!

Some of the things I’d like to see are

- more sites doing is over 18s nights/members only nights. 

- more limited number days/sites (I know people need to cover costs and make a profit but once a month wouldn’t hurt)

- manufactures listening to what people want

- less us and then attitudes

• Supporters
8 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

Not been to copehill down?

Not been to Copehill Down.

400 miles away, I'd like more of the same, closer.  A borg can dream.

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

you'd love Rype village, its got the lot, AND its only 4 miles from me........unfortunately nobody's been able to secure an event there for bloody ages which is really pissing me off😈

• Supporters
33 minutes ago, Tackle said:

you'd love Rype village, its got the lot, AND its only 4 miles from me

If I come the first 464 miles, can you give me a lift for the last 4? :P

1 hour ago, Tackle said:

you'd love Rype village, its got the lot, AND its only 4 miles from me........unfortunately nobody's been able to secure an event there for bloody ages which is really pissing me off😈

And I doubt anyone will for the foreseeable future. The last legion game landmark approved its use but the base commander didn’t and flipped his lid when he found out only after people being there all day. Something about letting the public on a training site while active soldiers are ok duty/could be doing training exercises or something like that... 

copehill/longmoor/senny/catterick

/caerwent 

Can’t remember the others off the top of my head we can still get on

Archived