TM Gold Match vs 5.1

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Out of the box performance is pretty much the same (fps, accuracy, gas efficiency).

The Gold match has

Stabliser on the barrel.

Extended slide lock. There is a metal plate on the gold match which is less prone to wearing down, but reportedly a less positive latching.

Fibre front sight.

Rail on the frame.

Thanks. 

Since I'm not fussed by most of the extras and have some reservations about gold parts anyway,  the substantially cheaper 5.1 in black might make more sense to me. And Christmas is coming.😀

Unfortunately I would lose the rails, as although they are included , putting them on spoils the appearance of the gun IMHO and would make it an impossible fit in my Nuprol Hicapa holster.

I considered this very question, as @skintrade has said, mostly cosmetic. The GM has a lighter slide, though not by much, and to get an all black TM Hi-Capa I think you’ll need to buy a 4.3.

I bought the “normal” black Government hi-capa, as I don’t like gold, put a non-drop black barrel and black parts to replace the silver bits.

Then I got bored and sold it 😂

For target shooting, it was better, for normal skirmishing nope, you’ll never notice

rdb

Archived