G&G Firehawk vs G&G ARP9

Sneaky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all.  After much thinking and reading reviews I have now got this down to two.  I was set on buying the Firehawk and import a 9mm kit for it as it looks so aggressive.  And I know practicality wise you can use M4 mags.... but...

..I really like the ARP9, due to the look (Something different) and a programmable trigger.

To the owners, what are your thoughts as they both carry out the same CQB roll.

I'm still edging towards the ARP9 at the moment.

I have an ARP and a mate has the Firehawk. I'd say they're very similar but as you say the ARP has an ETU & Mosfet which gives it an edge over the Firehawk. 3 round burst is top banana. ROF on the ARP is nuts. Both are loud.

On the ARP9, unless you run midcaps, the drum mag is the way to go. The hicap it comes with can't feed enough BBs and doesn't always feed properly. The drum and midcaps are perfect. It really is like a mini LMG with the amount of BBs it fires. I did about 1200 BBs in 30 mins! You will need a lot of batteries. One drum lasts one 1100 mah (11.1v 3S) batery! Midcaps will be a constant reload!

Both are small and easy to swing about. Both are good.

There is a thrird option, the ARP10 (think it's a 10?), anyway it takes 5.56 stanag mags so if you have an M4 you can use your mags.

If compatibility is a requirement then Firehawk or ARP10. Uniqueness, pick an ARP9.

I won mine at a game so my perspective is neutral. I had no expectations. It is brilliant. I'd not played with an AEG for a while but this ARP changed that. It is cool.

Oh and the ARP can easily hop 0.3 BBs.

33 minutes ago, Immortal said:

There is a thrird option, the ARP10 (think it's a 10?), anyway it takes 5.56 stanag mags so if you have an M4 you can use your mags.

If compatibility is a requirement then Firehawk or ARP10. 

It's the ARP556 and I know I have preached it alot in other threads but for a no nonsense AEG, I have yet to see one that beats it.

It does exactly what it's supposed to - fling bbs at people with consistency, range and accuracy.

I bought it as a backup gun but it's now my main AEG.

£250 well spent.

• Supporters

Kinda biased on this one.

My brother has a firehawk that’s not exactly standard.  It has a Gate Titan, air seal upgrades and FPS coming in at 347 FPS consistantly, its running as close to 30rps as a standard sector gear can get you. Oh, and it’s been upgraded to make MORE noise...(don’t ask-think my brother is a sadist?) 

If you were at the mall forum game you probably heard it. Couple of pics attached. 

One thing that isnt in the pic is the buffer tube, it’s been stripped of its back paint and laquered, looks different.

I have seen a couple of ARP9’s. I’m very tempted by them, and contemplating getting one.. 

8930ECD4-22A6-4CA0-A56C-FEC20E726B23.jpeg

BE5E54D5-E99E-4484-9A71-60973B8C73B8.jpeg

• Supporters
On 27/10/2018 at 13:30, Prisce said:

BE5E54D5-E99E-4484-9A71-60973B8C73B8.jpeg

A team mate has an ARP9 , had a quick ‘squirt’ with it and it’s nuts ! (He runs the drum on his) now obviously the ability to hit the opposition before they get you is the the main requisite of your gun but the aesthetics of it are just as important to me , no matter how good a gun is if I don’t like the look of it I won’t buy it . That’s the thing with your brothers Firehawk sounds like a right beast of a gun BUT it just leaves me cold , the look of it does nothing for me . Which to me is the essence of Airsofting , one players battle field sweeping gun of doom is another players clown gun ! 😉

• Supporters
Just now, Druid799 said:

A team mate has an ARP9 , had a quick ‘squirt’ with it and it’s nuts ! (He runs the drum on his) now obviously the ability to hit the opposition before they get you is the the main requisite of your gun but the aesthetics of it are just as important to me , no matter how good a gun is if I don’t like the look of it I won’t buy it . That’s the thing with your brothers Firehawk sounds like a right beast of a gun BUT it just leaves me cold , the look of it does nothing for me . Which to me is the essence of Airsofting , one players battle field sweeping gun of doom is another players clown gun ! 😉

Couldn’t agree more.

If we all had the same tastes, everyone would be running around with M4s. 

I have always been a fan of a wolf in sheep’s clothing.(as the saying goes) And that Firehawk does exactly that.

I like M4’s but I have always wanted to be different, hence why I am drawn to the ARP9.  When I first saw the Firehawk I was amazed By the CQBness of it.  The look is..yeah a very short M4.  Then I carried on reasearching and saw the ARP9. Similar package, but looks in my opinion much, much better.  The combination of looks, uniqueness and brush fire has sold it to me.

Just the question..grey or black?

Might buy it in grey and have black magazines, just to swap the colours over (see how different once again!).

• Supporters
6 hours ago, Dino said:

Just the question..grey or black?

Might buy it in grey and have black magazines, just to swap the colours over (see how different once again!).

Definitely go for the grey over the black ! For me it’s Just that much more of step away from the norm when it comes to AEG look’s 👍

4 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Definitely go for the grey over the black ! For me it’s Just that much more of step away from the norm when it comes to AEG look’s 👍

Good point! Grey it is!

I forgot to say, if you do get the ARP then make sure you order a battery tube extender as it's a bitch to fit any battery in without one!

I got mine from SurplusStore... not the cheapest but they had them in stock.

Oh and it also helps to steady the stock when fully extended.

20 hours ago, Immortal said:

I forgot to say, if you do get the ARP then make sure you order a battery tube extender as it's a bitch to fit any battery in without one!

I got mine from SurplusStore... not the cheapest but they had them in stock.

Oh and it also helps to steady the stock when fully extended.

I guess you can put in the stock tube an 11.1v Lipo and close the lid without the battery extender?  Is just a very tight fit, which I don’t mind.

14 minutes ago, Dino said:

I guess you can put in the stock tube an 11.1v Lipo and close the lid without the battery extender?  Is just a very tight fit, which I don’t mind.

It is a hungry thing.

I usually run two batteries - one for the morning and one for the afternoon.

I don't run the battery extender as I prefer it as compact as possible.

I’m planning on replacing the tamyia connectors with the deans connectors to maybe save on space.  Any thoughts on that?

No idea about deans - I run mini tamiya in mine, without the stock extender.
Jut remember that you need 15C lipos as anything over invalidates the warranty.
i second what @Game Cam says - one for morning and one for afternoon.
I use these:

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/11-1v-1000mah-15c-continuous-discharge-lipo-battery.html

• Supporters
3 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

No idea about deans - I run mini tamiya in mine, without the stock extender.
Jut remember that you need 15C lipos as anything over invalidates the warranty.
i second what @Game Cam says - one for morning and one for afternoon.
I use these:

https://www.componentshop.co.uk/11-1v-1000mah-15c-continuous-discharge-lipo-battery.html

You really need to change your connectors bud , the tamiya are just so inefficient compared to basically every other connector on the market ! 😳

13 hours ago, Immortal said:

I got about half an hour from a 11.1v 1100 mah battery (1200 BBs gone like nothing) but I was saving the world at the time....

Holy shit - that's a whole drum mag!!!
That lasts me a morning at least!

10 hours ago, Druid799 said:

You really need to change your connectors bud , the tamiya are just so inefficient compared to basically every other connector on the market ! 😳

But.... That means changing something.... Which I will then break!
Hell no!

ARP9 in grey ordered, very excited now!

Going to order the drum now!

Arrived a couple of hours ago from Zero One, this thing is a work of art!  Just tried it with an 8.4v mini battery (just making sure it all works), it is totally mad and LOUD!  I have just ordered 2x 11.1v 1300mah 25C Lipo batteries with Dean connectors. Do the soldering next week and tidy up the amount of wiring in the stock tube.  Got a reflex sight and a nine slot M-lok rail for the fore grip, which is  on order.   Hoping to have the ARP9 fully completed with accessories (drum also) in a couple of weeks.  Oh and LOVE the grey! Thanks Druid799!!

(Sorry I have found it difficult to type this as I cant stop laughing due to the ROF and loudness of the ARP9.  I might pass out when it is running on a 11.1v lipo) :D :D :D 

1 hour ago, Interloper393 said:

I see patrolbase are doing the Arp9 for £180? Is there another model? Seems a bit cheap lol

No that’s the price for it. It is nice to see G&G has pushed the quality of vs value for money. I love my ARP9 and need to go airsofting now!

Archived