Loadout Visualiser?

AshOnSnow
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Has anyone come across a loadout visualiser for camo and gear, a bit like Gunstruction.com?

17 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

Yes, its called the human eyeball mk1. :P  

Visualise my loadout - look at it laid out on the bed, "yeah that looks good, job done" 

9 minutes ago, skintrade said:

Followed by reorganization of pouches etc once actually on as the layout that looked good didn't work once worn...

I was thinking more along the lines of being able to preview things together that haven't been purchased yet ;)

• Supporters

There is one, bit like Gunstruction but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called. Sure it was posted on here somewhere ages ago.

47 minutes ago, AshOnSnow said:

I was thinking more along the lines of being able to preview things together that haven't been purchased yet ;)

Someone came up with an idea to do this, was belittled and told it was a non starter. 

39 minutes ago, Lozart said:

There is one, bit like Gunstruction but for the life of me I can't remember what it's called. Sure it was posted on here somewhere ages ago.

I remember there used to be a sort of basic one "Vest Builder" I think, support was stopped years ago and the site went down.

1 hour ago, AshOnSnow said:

Print out all the items and lay them on the bed. :D

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Robert James said:

Someone came up with an idea to do this, was belittled and told it was a non starter. 

Nooooo, surely not here 😆

• Supporters
50 minutes ago, Georgeturner2001 said:

Choose a plate carrier.

choose pouches you need. 

Sorted!😂

you missed out the bit where it's:

choose plate carrier

choose pouches you need

put pouches on plate carrier

try it on at home, everything seems good

go to game

lose magazine because one of the pouches wasn't right and you realise you forgot to buy grenade pouches

choose pouches you need

try it on at home, realise it's too front heavy

buy hydration pouch for back of carrier

put hydration pouch on carrier

try it on at home, nope still front heavy

take it to a game anyway, put your back out

reorganise pouches for better weight distribution

take it to a game, realise you can't reach some of the pouches

buy more pouches to allow you to stack up magazines

take it to a game, now it's too bulky

give up on this plate carrier idea and buy a battle belt

put pouches on battle belt

try it on at home, all is good

go to game, belt slips and falls down constantly

buy h harness

go to game, realise pistol is awkward to draw

get drop leg panel

try out at home, all is good

go to game, realise pistol is unbalanced

give up on this battle belt nonsense and buy a plate carrier.

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

you missed out the bit where it's:

choose plate carrier

choose pouches you need

try it on at home, everything seems good

go to game

lose magazine because one of the pouches wasn't right and you realise you forgot to buy grenade pouches

choose pouches you need

try it on at home, realise it's too front heavy

buy hydration pouch for back of carrier

put hydration pouch on carrier

try it on at home, nope still front heavy

take it to a game anyway, put your back out

reorganise pouches for better weight distribution

take it to a game, realise you can't reach some of the pouches

buy more pouches to allow you to stack up magazines

take it to a game, now it's too bulky

give up on this plate carrier idea and buy a battle belt

put pouches on battle belt

try it on at home, all is good

go to game, belt slips and falls down constantly

buy h harness

go to game, realise pistol is awkward to draw

get drop leg panel

try out at home, all is good

go to game, realise pistol is unbalanced

give up on this battle belt nonsense and buy a plate carrier.

Can’t relate, never bad those issues! 

-buy crye CPC

-place pouches I already had on it 

Maybe I just got lucky!😂

0B774E8D-5A55-457A-8E93-B1E34E60F9E7.jpeg

• Supporters

Problem with something like this is odds are the avatar you have to use to plan your ‘new look’ will probably have the physique of a god of war , unlike most Airsofters who have the physique of a casualty of war ! 😳

• Supporters

The only alternative I've used over the years - and this is not quick but it is more effective in the long run - is just looking at a lot of pictures of what other people already use.  Sometimes threads on forums have a lot of broken img links when you go back far enough, but there's no shortage of skirmish sites/event organisers that post albums full of pics every week (for example) and it only takes a couple of minutes to scan through 100s of pictures.  Anything computer generated, will not (as mentioned) ever look the same in real life.  As an example of that, I've seen guys to 100% faithful recreations of BF3/4 loadouts but even with the time I've sunk in to said games, when I see the images it really takes me a minute to even clock the fact they've copied a game, on account of how drasticalyl different it always ends up looking in the real world.

I think what matters is stuff like; is your rig comfortable, do your pouches hold everything securely, can you draw stuff from your belt without shit from your upper torso getting in the way, does your face pro prove to be massively inhibitive, will you pass out from heat stroke when it's 30 degrees in that loadout etc etc.  Those real issues are countered by buying decent quality stuff, learning yourself and learning from others who have a lot more experience and can effectively pass on that experience.  Looks?  Well you buy whatever colour/camo you personally like, hunt around for clothing/LBE in that colour if you wish to invest the time.  I know I dump a lot of hours in to scouring the net for clothing and kit in specific styles.

My concern is always to help people avoiding buy shit that fails them functionally.  If you buy something and it functions but doesn't look just the way you like, that's not going to be nearly as big of a deal.  Also, crucially, aesthetics will tend to come as a result of function.  People who've got their gear figured out always look better than guys clomping about with their laces undone, loose straps flailing everywhere, drop-leg holster too low and swinging in the breeze, helmet/rig/shirt that doesn't fit etc.

Bought a £25 Chinese plate carrier knock off from eBay. Came with some free mag pouches. Looks good and does everything I need. Gradually added a few extra bits here and there over the years of Airsofting.  After having it for about 5 years I'm looking at swapping it for a JPC as I want something more lightweight for CQB and summer games. Though coming up to winter the full plate carrier will be a welcome layer of warmth and protect my flabby bits from stingers in the cold 😛

It's a work in progress, you'll figure out what you need as you play more. And half of those "problems" you came up with wouldn't be solved by looking at some online knock up either.

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Robert James said:

Wasn’t that the plank that thought he could sell the rigs already setup and ready to go BUT for a lot more than it would cost to just do it your self ? 🤦‍♂️

27 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Wasn’t that the plank that thought he could sell the rigs already setup and ready to go BUT for a lot more than it would cost to just do it your self ? 🤦‍♂️

I must admit I remember that thread and it really was a case of "erm... what? Really?!?".

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

Maybe. I cant remember it all, I just remember small, insignificant details

On 25/10/2018 at 12:27, Robert James said:

no kidding

4 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Putting on the pouches is the fun part to me, I'm not gonna pay someone to do that haha!

-----

@AshOnSnow Ghost Recon Wildands is okish when it comes to stuff like that, as least it's a starting point for a program to work from. Not like I was researching that or anything 👀

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Seth_K said:

Putting on the pouches is the fun part to me, I'm not gonna pay someone to do that haha!

Exactly ! I’m sure we’ve all seen a rig set up and thought “ohh I like that !” tried it AND discover it absolutely sucks ! 🤣🤣

only way to really crack it is try it for real and change what’s not working . 👍

• Moderators
On 25/10/2018 at 13:18, Immortal said:

Print out all the items and lay them on the bed. :D

or just 'photoshop**' you face on a few google images....job done! :lol:

** other good software available :rolleyes:

On 26/10/2018 at 18:23, Druid799 said:

Exactly ! I’m sure we’ve all seen a rig set up and thought “ohh I like that !” tried it AND discover it absolutely sucks ! 🤣🤣

only way to really crack it is try it for real and change what’s not working . 👍

I remember running with a new gun belt and it dropping down to my knees, needless to say I feel over and gave the team a good laugh.

Trial and Error can get expensive, software is a good tool but trying it out in a shop would be best.

Archived