ASG Urban Sniper Hop Up

Valkyrie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, 

New to the hobby, new to the forums, new to pretty much everything. 

Picked up an ASG Urban Sniper as I wanted a straight out the box solution, and I'm happy with it for a starter rifle, but I'm having issues with the hop up. Getting a massive up curve at about 30m, and I've located the hop up screw, although it's really hard to see as it's the full length of the allen key inside the foregrip. 

How much should I be turning this? I've turned it (i think) about 3 full rotations in each direction, but I'm not seeing a change in the flight of the bb. 

Can anyone offer any advice on whether I'm doing something wrong? Should I need to turn it that much? I don't want to keep turning and turning and something falls out!

Edit: I'm not even sure the allen key is turning. I'm using the one provided, but it seems to be quite stiff getting it in, but then turns too easily as if it's not turning at all.

Thanks

• Supporters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrH8wGjJ_wY

How heavy BBs are you using? Use at least 0.32 but probably 0.36-0.4 would be the optimal for it.

Clean the hopup and barrel with the cleaning rod (+paper) with rubbing alcohol. Then try setting the hopup as in the video.

If it doesn't change anything the probably there is something off with the hopup, you will need to take it apart. Chinese QC is bad.

Thanks for the reply. I saw that video before I tried anything, but as it turns out, the allen key I was provided with the rifle was 0.5mm too big. I borrowed one from work today and it went in straight away and altered it fine. I've only had chance to zero it in my garden which is like 30m long, but I've got it flying straight now. I need to get to a longer range so I can get that perfect arc. Thanks for the advice though, I'm going to be taking it apart to mod and such in the future.

• 6 months later...

Hi all

Does anyone have an Urban Sniper or Well MB06 and still have the left hand bolt handle that they would be happy to sell?

I have bought a second hand Urban but it did not come with the conversion kit.

Think all I need is the handle.

Thanks

Ken

Archived