Leaking Mag, MK23

sniperslucky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

My son brought an MK23 with a leaking mag i've replaced the bottom fill valve and it still leaks. My next step was to try a little lock tight (ptfe tape) around the thread. Would this work or has he been sold a damaged/ broken mag as the replacement valve doesn't stop the leaking gas.

Thanks

Could be a poor thread, ptfe tape can work. I've done it and it worked for me when I tried. Plus a blob of thick silicone oil.

Have you tried just putting a blob of thick silicone oil on the valve, give it a few pushes and then try filling it.

99.9% of leaks I've had have just needed a bit of lube.

EDIT: The blob of silicone oil will also bubble and show where the leak is if still present.

I stand by red gasket sealant for leaky mags! smear the o rings in it and let it dry for 24 hours. good  as new! 

• Supporters

What brand of mag is it ? If it’s a TM then that’s why , all TM MK23 mags leak unless you fill them with fermented pixy farts ! 🤦‍♂️

• Supporters

I've just redid one of my MK23 mags. I removed the bottom, removed the big rectangular O ring (hey, then it's not an O ring any more. Square ring...) and smeared a liberal amount of bathroom silicone to where it was and inside the mag where it seals. Threw away the O ring, assembled the mag, left it for 2 days to cure. Now it has kept pressure for a day and a half, no leaks at all.

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Samurai said:

I've just redid one of my MK23 mags. I removed the bottom, removed the big rectangular O ring (hey, then it's not an O ring any more. Square ring...) and smeared a liberal amount of bathroom silicone to where it was and inside the mag where it seals. Threw away the O ring, assembled the mag, left it for 2 days to cure. Now it has kept pressure for a day and a half, no leaks at all.

Got any tips and tricks for them pissing pins?

Everytime I take a Mk23 Mag apart the pins won’t go back in and I end up breaking the damn mag entirely.

• Supporters
4 hours ago, Prisce said:

Got any tips and tricks for them pissing pins?

If you don't put the O ring back, the pins just slide in with ease. The O ring is what pushes the bottom down too much and the pins hardly fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Remove both pins, then take off the seal.  Give the inside of the mage a really good clean.  Place silicon around the seal and gap quite liberally.  Then put it together again.

Archived