helmets

Fat-jd
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

right then always have a problem with helmets cycling, motor bikes, and work can never get a helmet to fit right due to my massive head ☹ I either look like mr potato head or i look like dark helmet off space balls so my question is has any one modified a climbing helmet or somthing similar for airsoft any help would be great

• Supporters

Get a simple plastic one , get your self a MICH cover in the appropriate camo pattern and an ‘bolt-ons’ you want . Job done 👍  

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Get a simple plastic one , get your self a MICH cover in the appropriate camo pattern and an ‘bolt-ons’ you want . Job done 👍  

size is the main prob ive got a 66cm melon lol 

• Supporters

Too soon ?

ckogo.jpg

😜

• Supporters

My son has a huge melon as well , bought him an EL cheapo plastic mich of fleabay (was somthing like £7-8) a new strap harness and with a bit of work on the inner frame fits him fine ! 👍

one of these sort of helmets ,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-Unisex-Swat-Airsoft-Tactical-Headwear-ABS-Plastic-Helmet-Adjustable-3-Colors/392044979227?var=661002668987&hash=item5b47b3a41b:g:SBQAAOSwSata-6lb

and this sort of harness 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X-Tactical-Airsoft-Suspension-System-Military-Chin-Strap-for-MICH-Helmet-B/151688540908?hash=item23515772ec:m:mWYhBeYEhtODZG-7tgl_v2Q

3 hours ago, Fat-jd said:

ive got a stien kask climbing helmet that i can no longer use for work that fits well anyone got any ideas on how to mod it for airsoft

Paint it Camo?

Honestly not sure what 'mods' you need to do to it? Why not just wear it as it is?

Yeah, rattle can it in green and tan... If you want to add a GoPro (or other cam), you can always add a mount... A Stein will probably be higher quality than 99% of the lids you'll come across at a skirmish, so apart from colour there's not much you need to do chap

• Supporters

Just googled it , so now I know what it actually looks like 😉

id recommend a fast helmet cover from fleabay , an NVG plate for the front and a set of ark rails for the sides and you’ll have one very sexy as fook looking helmet ! 👍

On 23/10/2018 at 21:00, Druid799 said:

Absolutely +1 on that.

You can buy adjustable repro MICH helmets that are adjustable and should fit the larger head. :) 

Alternatively you could do what I just did and sink a butt-load of money into something real-steel....

IMG_20181101_191806.thumb.jpg.858f0b1af83ac22b8989fb90cac63075.jpg

On 01/11/2018 at 19:36, Smooth_Operator said:

Alternatively you could do what I just did and sink a butt-load of money into something real-steel....

IMG_20181101_191806.thumb.jpg.858f0b1af83ac22b8989fb90cac63075.jpg

looks good mate, ive got a mk6 lid that fits as good as a mk6 dose but think its much didnt like wearing it when i had to lol  

Archived