Important notice.

waiyo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Admins are contacted already about this issue.

Hi everyone.

I've been having problems this weekend and today trying to log into my account. Username - waimando. 

Decided to start a new account as wanted to get in contact with admins about the issues. What ive seen is a sale post under my account (waimando) regarding a RIF

I think I've been hacked along with my original email that's connected to the account, i can't access either which makes me think my password has been change etc. 

Please please can everyone spread the word as im panicking at the monent due to the fact this scum can be scamming someone hard earn cash.

Regards Wai

I've included picture for reference.

Screenshot_20181022-171819_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20181022-171755_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Root Admin

You've not been hacked, but it is possible that your password has been leaked from a 3rd party and they were able to use this information because you used the same one for AF-UK. I'll shoot you a PM to explain further in the next couple of hours. Thanks for reporting this though - the mods will do what they need to with that listing if it's fraudulent. I've hidden it for now just in case.

Anyone reading this: As a general rule don't reuse passwords. If you really must then just get a password manager that auto-fills your stuff and uses some form of two factor authentication. LastPass is a good and free option. You can report anything suspicious by going to the contact form at the bottom of the forums or by PMing me directly. Mods will likely direct you to me over something like this but you're welcome to inform them also.

A lot of databases have been getting leaked lately and all they need is to try your information here and see what sticks. This isn't the first time it's happened on AF-UK. You can look up your email here and see if you've been 'pwned' in a hack as of late: https://haveibeenpwned.com/

I'm going to lock this and will discuss via PM if you have any questions.

edit:

Original account owner now has the account back. Just posting this here so that he can prove that he's in control of it again if asked.

Archived