Prometheus rotary hop - mid caps compatability.

Hunka1988
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've installed a Prometheus rotary hop in my Krytac CRB. I've paired it with a PDI barrel, maple leaf 60° autobot bucking and omega nub.

I have a feeding issue since then with my 190rd modify magazines. It will feed but the round will only travel 10 or so feet. It would appear FPS drops dramatically. 

It will however function fantastically with a lonex high cap.

With the stock hop unit and barrel setup the modify mags functioned perfectly.

I know in Airsoft, stuff doesn't work just cause.

So my question is does anyone know of any mid caps that work well with the prommy hop unit? 

Or any mods to help the modify seal/feed.

Cheers,

Ash

02081650_5a7c01288df84.jpg

58436-3.jpg

• Supporters

feels like you have the same issue my m4 has, does the low velocity stop when the mag's nearly empty?

my theory is it's the pressure of a fully loaded mag stops the tappet plate from closing fully when cycling (especially for higher rates of fire) but the air blast will still push the bb out the barrel, when the mag is less full it can close properly.

try down-loading your mag by 10-20 rounds and see if that helps.

To be honest I haven't tried emptying a whole mag as something was clearly wrong so stopped, but I will give that a go with fewer rounds.

Ta,

Ash

Got a selector delay clip fitted? 

When I fitted the ProWin hop unit to my M4 it caused all kinds of fuckery and misfeeds and jams until I fitted a selector delay clip (and replaced the piston too because it was a bit chewed up)

If I remember correctly I read on here that Krytac omitted to put one in. 

50 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

feels like you have the same issue my m4 has, does the low velocity stop when the mag's nearly empty?

my theory is it's the pressure of a fully loaded mag stops the tappet plate from closing fully when cycling (especially for higher rates of fire) but the air blast will still push the bb out the barrel, when the mag is less full it can close properly.

try down-loading your mag by 10-20 rounds and see if that helps.

I reckon AH maybe on to something ref the tension of the mid cap. As the high cap feeds flawlessly (which I assume is less tension). 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

Got a selector delay clip fitted? 

When I fitted the ProWin hop unit to my M4 it caused all kinds of fuckery and misfeeds and jams until I fitted a selector delay clip (and replaced the piston too because it was a bit chewed up)

that is a fair point, without a delayer it'll make the problem even worse.

Archived