Increasing barrell length

Scotty91
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi I'm new to the form and only been playing for a few months. I'm looking at increasing my barrell length and covering with a silencer. I'm about worried if this will increase my FPS as I'm already at 342fps. Any advice would be appreciated

It will likely increase your FPS over the limit especially so if it is a tightbore. There is no reason to increase your barrel length as it does not increase range and can cause compression issues. 

6 minutes ago, Scotty91 said:

Thanks for the info, I'll avoid doing it was only looking at getting better range out of the gun. I'll save the funds for other kit then 

Buying a decent quality tightbore barrel and decent hop up bucking and nub are the only things that can truly increase range. The tightbore will increase Accuracy, Range and FPS so you would need to cut a hoop off your gearbox spring to compensate. 

Like maple leaf? Heard their the ones to look for. I'll look into getting these. Thanks for your help may get a spare gearbox to play with first so I don't mess mine up hate to be out of action

1 hour ago, Scotty91 said:

Like maple leaf? Heard their the ones to look for. I'll look into getting these. Thanks for your help may get a spare gearbox to play with first so I don't mess mine up hate to be out of action

It's down to personal taste. I prefer the Prometheus Purple, either one is good. 

• Supporters

as has been said, a good quality barrel, good hop and using heavier ammo (which you'll need the good hop to lift) will increase both your actual range and your practical range more than simply a longer barrel.

I've moved up to .25 noticed a big difference to .20 don't think I'll be able to use much heavier until I change my hop up I'll get on the sites and look for a new barrel and hop up

Thanks for the advice

Leave the barrel if you’re so close to the limit. Buy a maple leaf 60 degree bucking (I believe they are yellow) and a maple leaf omega nub. Then use .28’s. Should see quite a noticeable improvement 

Archived