Airsoft GB rant

Guest Lord Elpus
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Shooting out of play people, dead players, marshals, lost hikers etc on purpose is a tosser move imo. 

I mean, accidents happen and marshals take their fair share of hits for different reasons, they walk into firefights or you get the jump on someone and its a marshal.

If a marshal cant/wont move then it must be for a bloody good reason, but then we do hear of some shocking marshalling on this forum and by the sounds of it some do not deserve the invulnerability that comes with the hi-vis!!  

But as we vote with our cash, I wouldnt go back to a site if the marshalling was as some have described and as the OP said theres other sites they can goto so no point making a big deal with the owners etc, just play elsewhere! although I would have to send a letter/email outlining any concerns I had if that were me.

And this thread goes to show there is always two sides to a story. I have listened to players at the mall bitch gripe and moan and leave early due to various reasons having played on their team or the opposition and not seen/heard about any of the crap they were complaining about but were adamant the day was ruined and off they went!

And I am sure we have all played great games at sites with shite reviews. Each to their own..

• Supporters
37 minutes ago, Albiscuit said:

we do hear of some shocking marshalling on this forum

We certainly hear some shocking things from and about players who claim to be marshals. ;)

It's OK, I've *PLONKED* him.

Now Now children play nicely or I will take your toys away LOL

Compete noob that's never been in that situation myself here but personally I'd throw out a quick warning that they are in the line of fire about 2 seconds before pulling the trigger, if you've already vocalised a warning then it's on them to move aside, I've been a marshal /steward at football matches where I would fully expect something thrown at my head if I was blocking someone's view of the game an I would be damn lucky to get a heads up at all, same when I was sia badged tbh, if you're in a high risk area an someone says to move then always move first an question why later for the sake of your own safety, just common sense really

On 20/10/2018 at 20:02, clumpyedge said:

I was on site today. I watched the whole thing, you acted like a child and should have reigned it in a bit, the barricade the marshal was standing at there was no one behind and the closest person to it was at least 15-20m+

What your not saying is that from where you were you were firing from you were firing at the opposing teams spawn. 

There was was an opportunity first game in the morning for the attacking team to have got right up on your spawn but chose not to do so because it was deemed by the whole team as unsportsman like to do so yet your team thought otherwise later in the day.

Funny everyone, else I spoke to today had a blinding day 🧐🤔

Having read this however even a noob like me knows firing at the enemy spawn zone is a dick move an shouldn't be done so in that case the marshal is right to stand his ground to not let players take the piss, best scenario there would be the marshal explaining that it's a spawn zone they are stood by so they have a reason to be there

Guest Lord Elpus

What I find shocking is not only bad, bias marshals, but forum members supposedly adults ( but seemingly with a mental age of a 10 year old) who, just because they have been on a forum for a long while and have a high posting number(probably through spamming) and following, think they can metaphorically strut and swagger around a forum giving unwanted advice, using ill mannered, demanding, and bullying methods ( bordering on harassment) to  newer members to extract information, and when this fails, they resort to snide remarks.

In reality I have found such people to be insignificant, inadequate, and of low intellect.

👍it's ok he's only a plonker!

😜😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Head Moderator

Don't be that duffer.  Play nicely with the other children, you are new and will soon make some friends. 

silly meme.png

2 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Don't be that duffer.  Play nicely with the other children, you are new and will soon make some friends. 

silly meme.png

Gotta love a bit of monty python to lighten any mood 😂

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, Valentine said:

I've been a marshal /steward at football matches where I would fully expect something thrown at my head if I was blocking someone's view of the game

2p coins, an elegant weapon for a more civilised age.

• Head Moderator
2 minutes ago, Rogerborg said:

The high copper content and its relative value now makes the use of 2p pieces prohibitive.

Just now, Rogerborg said:

Yep seen a few of those flying around, they are only a real problem when some loonatic decides to superglue some Stanley blades onto it, council estate throwing stars are not fun to deal with and almost impossible to detect with the usual pat down methods

1 hour ago, Lord Elpus said:

What I find shocking is not only bad, bias marshals, but forum members supposedly adults ( but seemingly with a mental age of a 10 year old) who, just because they have been on a forum for a long while and have a high posting number(probably through spamming) and following, think they can metaphorically strut and swagger around a forum giving unwanted advice, using ill mannered, demanding, and bullying methods ( bordering on harassment) to  newer members to extract information, and when this fails, they resort to snide remarks.

In reality I have found such people to be insignificant, inadequate, and of low intellect.

😜😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Honestly, you sound like a league of legends player 🤣

10 hours ago, Lord Elpus said:

😜😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

point 1 - Probably through spamming? heaven forbid people have been on the scene and have been in this particular community for years or just have a lot to offer which generally is welcomed rather than just brushed off because you don't agree with it

Point 2 - You posted the initial opener for the thread.... did you expect people to not reply to it, if so why did you bother making one if you didn't want a reply (all be it seems replies that you don't like are tantamount to harassment)

5 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

Wait, was that aimed at me?  It can't be, I use snide remarks as an opening gambit, not a fallback.  🤔

And thats why I love you *bromance*

Archived