Airsoft GB rant

Guest Lord Elpus
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest Lord Elpus

Went to a game today at said airsoft gb site, good little site, very playable, Dave who runs it, good guy.

However, today after telling one of the marshals to get out of the way, which he chose to ignore, now I've done some marshalling, and when someone says " move marshal!" You move, one reason is so you don't want to be in the way of gameplay, the other is so you don't want to get caught in crossfire, am I right?

Now this quickly escalated into me giving him some more advice in a louder voice mixed with some Anglo Saxon expletives, to which he took umbrage and rightly so, but this little arse was shielding his buddy as we were the visiting team playing against their " home team" as it were. Yes this guy hiding was about to get trounced by at least three other guys plus me, but all he had to do was hands up and walk away. 

Even after again telling the marshal again he was in my line of fire, he denied there was anyone there! Not ten metres from him, that's when I lost it. I haven't lost my temper at a game for a long time but this little turd got my goat. Now I don't really care who wins or loses on game end, as long as I have a good game through the play, but when marshals have to cheat for their buddies that's the pits in my book. He then bans me from the game, "I don't think you should have talked to me like that, you could have asked nicely, I think you better sit the rest of the game out".

Rant over, shan't be visiting that site again, plenty more game sites without bias tosser marshals.

At some point the pain (or the fear of pain) will make them move ;)

Refs shouldn't be in the way in the first place, if they happen to be on los and they refuse to move, just pull the trigger..

Guest Lord Elpus

Your probably right, a younger me would have definitely lit him up a bit, but as now I'm a lot older now, I tend to think that's not the way, most other marshals, even when sworn at, still get out of the way. I'm there for a game, not to have arguments with twat marshals, if I were to return there for a game, I know I would single out for more abuse, that leading to more crap. Best just not bother, go use other sites.

Marshals helping teams are the worst, Recently played at Tac House were we had to find a body on a stretcher in the building and the opposing side had to defend, we succesfully defended the body and it was our turn to attack. We spawned from outside and the Marshal allowed the enemy team (His Friend wanted to use his SSG24)  to spawn on the top floor (Meaning almost instant access to sniper windows) and to shoot directly into our spawn. On our time attacking our spawn was on the ground floor at the back of the site so we had no chance of reaching them. Thankfully we still managed to smash them.

I was on site today. I watched the whole thing, you acted like a child and should have reigned it in a bit, the barricade the marshal was standing at there was no one behind and the closest person to it was at least 15-20m+

What your not saying is that from where you were you were firing from you were firing at the opposing teams spawn. 

There was was an opportunity first game in the morning for the attacking team to have got right up on your spawn but chose not to do so because it was deemed by the whole team as unsportsman like to do so yet your team thought otherwise later in the day.

Funny everyone, else I spoke to today had a blinding day 🧐🤔

• Supporters
49 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Always shoot the marshal. If they’re gonna stand there, fuck em 

absolutely this, the marshall should be thanking you that you were kind enough to ask him to move before you opened fire.

Guest Lord Elpus

I wasn't firing at the spawn area, because I wasn't firing at all,  the dickhead marshal was in the way!  The spawn area from were I was was at least 50 metre I was lining up to the back fence there was originally two guys there, one got shot from the sniper on my left, the other guy was still there I could see his head poke up on occasion, sunlight glinting on his goggle lens he was wearing on his helmet.

8 minutes ago, Lord Elpus said:

I wasn't firing at the spawn area, because I wasn't firing at all,  the dickhead marshal was in the way!  The spawn area from were I was was at least 50 metre I was lining up to the back fence there was originally two guys there, one got shot from the sniper on my left, the other guy was still there I could see his head poke up on occasion, sunlight glinting on his goggle lens he was wearing on his helmet.

At the spawn - guys heading off from the spawn were easily in engagement distance as I watched numerous guys walk to the direction you and a few others were in and walk back with hands raised after walking no more than 10 or meters from the spawn.

Ok so you may not have fired but the intention was to fire on people trying to make it out of the spawn area. 

The way you kicked off was completely unjustified and you could have quite easily moved yourself or waited until you had a clear shot. 

Funny the game after I asked the same marshal (politely) to move and wouldn’t you know... he moved

3 minutes ago, Lord Elpus said:

Well he would do for you wouldn't he?

Yes because I asked nicely and didn’t throw my toys out the pram when he didn’t hear me the first time.

Not sure what your trying to insinuate I’ve played there all of three times, certainly not enough for anyone to know or care who I am.

Before this gets to be a shooting match (ironic for Airsoft), this is a perfect example where running cameras is a good thing. It's easier to show what actually happens, rather than a "he said/she said" situation. 

4 minutes ago, skintrade said:

Before this gets to be a shooting match (ironic for Airsoft), this is a perfect example where running cameras is a good thing. It's easier to show what actually happens, rather than a "he said/she said" situation. 

While I agree cameras are a good thing the user can and have in some instances only posted what they want you too see even managing to manipulate situations in doing so. 

• Supporters

Been staying off here but this one needs a jump in.

If a marshall is asked politely to move then unless they are monitoring something then they should. 

If any player chooses to rant at a marshal then sitting out a game or even being asked to leave site is fair.

Any player who chooses to light up a marshal should be offsite immediately and banned forever. If a player acted a pratt and lit me up when I am marshalling I certainly wouldn't see the funny side as that is plain and simple assault. I personally have never met a player who is stupid enough to do that or at least has  had the balls to try it.

Lots of big talk on here but reckon that is all it is talk.

As for cameras yes they can be a useful tool but only show one viewpoint so you can never guarantee you get the whole picture.

2 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

While I agree cameras are a good thing the user can and have in some instances only posted what they want you too see even managing to manipulate situations in doing so. 

While I don't disagree it's easy to provide footage that only supports one side of view (YTslebs anyone?), if I had a valid case, I'd happily hand over every byte of data to prove it.

1 minute ago, ImTriggerHappy said:

As for cameras yes they can be a useful tool but only show one viewpoint so you can never guarantee you get the whole picture

Same for this, a valid point can be shown IF it's valid. Always better if you have multiple POVs, this is true.

2 minutes ago, skintrade said:

While I don't disagree it's easy to provide footage that only supports one side of view (YTslebs anyone?), if I had a valid case, I'd happily hand over every byte of data to prove it.

Same, unfortunately there’s none from either side of this argument 

Trigger, I'm not saying deliberately shoot a Marshall for no reason..

Just pretend he's not there and fire at the opponent.. If the ref is in the way he'll move, as I do when I'm marshalling during tournaments.. People ask me to move from time to time, and I always do, because I have no right to interfere with actions unless strictly necessary (and here if a Marshall has to interfere it means the game's pretty much over)..

Cameras can be good for resolving controversies, but only if the guy using them knows how to set them up properly..

Once we had a guy calling out one of our team members for not calling hits, he claimed he had gopro footage.. We watched it and the camera was pointing down to the ground.. So we wasted 40 minutes watching this phone recording feet and roots..

• Supporters
23 hours ago, Lord Elpus said:

Dave who runs it, good guy

If you have a problem with a marshal, shouldn't the site owner be your next port of call?

If there is an issue with marshalling there, how's he going to know about it unless people tell him?

• Supporters

I don't recall asking for permission to point out what someone who's marshalled should have known was the correct course of action.

At what site(s) do you marshal?

This is very petty, it's just a game. The level of self importance people carry these days is hilarious.

Unless you're playing in a shoebox you could just find another place to pew from.

This just sounds like a man-up or shut-up moment.

I full auto straffed a marshal ones.  Firing at a player that ran across behind him.

I waved and apologised and he saw the funny side of it mind.  He saw the guy run but didn't see why

Archived