Who makes what?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have heard that Secutor Glocks are based on APS guns, their 1911s on KJW and their shotguns are JG.

I know that AW are WE based, and Cybergun, Umarex and ASG rebrand stuff from several different OEMs?

Can anybody tell me who makes the following gbb pistols:

Poseidon?

EMG?

Salient Arms?

B&W?

How widely are WE and KJW used as base guns for some of these companies' products.

Why are APS pistols so expensive when they have a terrible reputation for quality and reliability?

Are KWC 1911s really as bad as many say? I know that replacements for broken parts are impossible to come be and that they end up as paper weights, but how long should they be expected to last? I understand that they are extremely cheaply produced from the lowest quality pot metal. Is this true? And yet their Elite Force 1911s sell very well for a hundred quid each and upwards.

Sorry, that's a lot of questions but if you could answer only one of them I would be grateful.

Poseidon  / B&W = Not sure about these, they may manufacture there own stuff or may be tied in with APS or some other Taiwanese Manufacturer.  Sure someone else will know.

EMG - Evike Manufacturing Group.  Evike is a large US Airsoft Retailer incase you don't know.  They do SAi, F1 Firearms, Knights, Falkor. Like Cybergun and SMK they hold licenses and outsource manufacture to the likes of WE, APS etc.

Salient Arms - See Above.  High Quality kits for TM 1911 also made by Detonator iirc.

WE also makes AW Pistols and used to make SOCOM Tactical.  They do dodgy trade marked guns under the HK3P Brand also.

KWC - Seem to be a lot better than they used to be, though when they go wrong spares are not available.

Yes they are certainly cheaper in price.

I believe they are a Nuprol product. Whatever that means.

They seem to be in the same price range as Army Armament, and I haven't a clue which factory produces those.

Some brand names are a mystery to me.

Most umarex/ cybergun pistols are VFC. Exceptions being the cybergun desert eagle which is WE. 

I believe Poseidon is a modified/upgraded WE pistol. By all accounts they’re supposed to be good. 

Most things from america/evike/ elite force are KWC, KJW. 

Guest Lord Elpus

Raven is manufactured in Taiwan, by a company called San Yan, or at least the 1911 model is, the cheap AWE sold on airsoft world is made by the same company.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Supporters
On 20/10/2018 at 18:37, emilianoksa said:

I believe they are a Nuprol product. Whatever that means.

Nuprol are just a re-brander as well , they don’t make anything them selves either , buy everything in from third party sellers  .

if you buy a non TM MK23 odds are it’ll more than likely be a HFC as they seem to be the OEM for everyone ! 😆

• Supporters

The only one i am very aufait with are EMG and Salient Arms.

Just as a point of note:

Salient Arms International (SAI) is a real steel manufacturer of real guns such as real Glocks and M4s, they do not make or sell airsoft products.

EMG or Evike Manufacturing Group has bought the rights to use the SAI brand in airsoft or airsoft products. Yes they are owned by one of the largest airsoft stores in the State, Evike.com.

So who makes which or what SAI airsoft guns? Well find out now:

SAI M4 AEG standard - The original OEM is G&P, generally well made as G&P have a decent reputation as an AEG manufacturer, internals are bog standard V2 gearbox with no innovation such as built in MOSFET etc

SAI M4 AEG Magpul - Same as above but with Magpul pistol grip and stock, these are technically available only from Evike and cannot be shipped out of the US due to ITAR regulations.

SAI M4 GBBR standard - The original OEM is again G&P based on their WOC system which is their revision of the standard WA model, G&P have a good reputation as an AEG manufacture, not so much as a GBBR maker though i still rate them above WE personally

SAI M4 GBBR Magpul - Same as above but with Magpul pistol grip and stock, these are technically available only from Evike and cannot be shipped out of the US due to ITAR regulations. Even more so on this one as the pistol grip is real steel and not a clone PTS one.

SAI Remington 870 shell ejecting shotguns - These are made by APS, originally called the CAM870 shell ejecting shotguns. APS have a bit of hit and miss in terms of quality control and some of their parts are made out of pot metal however as the most popular shell ejecting shotguns many have taken a liking to them (me included) despite some of its short comings. Note that there have been three versions of this shotgun and about 5 different types of shells with the venerable Mk1s and smart shells being the most preferred. Side note it also accepts many real steel parts for Remington 870 shotguns.

SAI DS2011 - Originally made by Armourer Works as the OEM fairly well made but performance lacking, i found my older plastic TM to shoot farther better. Accepts most parts compatible with TM Hi Capas except for the palm and thumb safety.

SAI Blu - Made by RA-Tech

SAI M&P 9 - Made by Cybergun but also with licence from Smith and Wesson

SAI Glocks - They dont exist shhhhhh. Lol to be honest if you do see any chances are it is a GunsModify or Ace1Arms slide kit bolted on the the body of a TM Glock or WE Glock.

So essentially what happens is, EMG buy these guns at bulk, slap their name on it, scribble SAI on the receiver or slide, mark up the price and sell it on.

Archived