I can’t believe it....

Prisce
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

My brother sent me this today... to say it beggars belief is an understatement.

But it got me thinking, we have a lot of techs here, what’s the worst thing you’ve seen?

423F9A80-FFFE-4644-B6A0-173425FB58EA.jpeg

• Supporters

That got nothin on my vsr.

When i got it (as a boneyard) it had a pair of holes in the end of the nozzle that had been drilled through either side, right the way through the piston as well.

But, it gets better, the nozzle itself had been ptfe taped in, so they modded it to keep the air in, then let all the air out again?

Thing that gets me most about it was if they wanted to deactivate it (grapevine said a site did it as it was a prop gun only), and they'd dissassembled it to the stage of getting a drill onto the nozzle, then it would be even less work to unscrew the end cap and take the piston out!

I've also been presented guns to work on that had no hop rubber yet an otherwise perfectly set up titan build, i've seen pistols with the outer and inner barrels glued together and the less said about my furvent hatred of ptfe tape used as an alternative to having the correct bolt/to make up for buggered threads.

Tbh the worst though has to be my m4 when i got it, all the above is funny to talk about but the wiring on that gun was beyond appauling, it was downright dangerous. Not just bad soldering (of which there was a lot, usually patching in a stretch of different gauge wire, with no insulation)  but there were sections where it was just twisted together, no solder, no tape, no clips or ties or crimps, just 2 bits of wire twisted together.

And thats why i'm hesitant to buy anything second hand these days....

Bonus round- not my story but my local shop

Chap came in with a recently spray painted pistol complaining it wasnt working, the barrel being full of paint probably didnt help....

Archived