TM NGRS HK417 help - bolt catch function issues

manchovie
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

It’s cool to see these forums alive and kicking. 
I’m having an issue with my 417 and the Facebook group for these ngrs guns seems to have been shut down so I figured I'd pop by some UK boards (where the NGRS system seems to be way more popular) for a quick question. 

Long story short my bolt lock function is on the fritz.
1) just the lower, put in magazine = bolt lock functions normally. Bolt stop on empty, gun fires when bolt release pushed down
2) add upper with hop/barrel = bolt lock no longer functions, fires with an empty mag. Bolt release still protrudes from body, but bolt lock no longer works
3) add upper without hop/barrel = functions like in 1)
Has anyone seen something like this or have theories on how to fix it? Did I put the tiny bolt lock bits back together wrong?
I’d love to get my baby up and running properly again. 

Cheers,
B

I've got this with my 416. 

I haven't been able to work on it yet, so I'm afraid I can't offer a solution. It could be the prices where the bolt release link up to the gearbox.

Good to hear I'm not completely alone in this mess! Sorry about your gun though.

I've got an event this weekend so I'm pretty keen on getting back to trying to fix it after work.

Does yours also only work correctly if you install the upper sans hop assembly/barrel?

I've noticed that the little lever (looking into the magwell) pops to the side when it's engaged with the tappet plate. Like if you press on it (as if you're an empty mag) and cycle the gun, it'll catch but point slightly sideways. If I keep it straight, it doesn't seem to catch. Is that normal?

That sounds like mine. It worked with no mag in the receiver but once a mag is inserted it wont cycle or will cycle a few shots then stop.

It maybe that the catch has come loose or has moved position.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived