Secondary Ideas

Krank
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi, i'm after getting my first secondary but I would like something different to having a pistol. I'm thinking of a MP5K, has anyone else got any other suggestions as I want to be different and not have a pistol, thanks Brad

• Supporters

i wouldn't discount a pistol "just to be different"

the likes of a skorpion, mp5k, mac 11, mp7/9 etc are going to be significantly bulkier than pistols and harder to get a decent holster for that keeps it out of the way.

think about what you need it for, is it for something shorter than your primary for cqb? because if so full auto isn't exactly going to be much use given most sites discourage auto fire in buildings.

if you want to be different then perhaps consider picking a unique style of pistol, you very rarely see ppk's, makarov's, mausers, lugers etc being fielded. it can be a minefield of guns that may or may not perform well enough to be fieldable.

Depends on your style of play but I'd personally find even a large pistol too much to carry as a secondary to a rifle/sub. Even a small rifle/sub. But it all very much depends on your style of play. For example in woodland I carry a 416c and a 400fps nbb mk23 pistol with med. I use them in equal measure and rarely find the the use of a gbbp. Although I did buy a gbb colt25 the other day which I will carry from now on as it's so tiny. CQB all I carry is pistols. On the most part of what I see, regular woodland players if they carry a pistol its just a holster filler and rarely used. So if you think that's possible there is little point in carrying any secondary. If you really want to a secondary ,a reliable compact pistol is the most practical. Or a back up aeg may be more useful if you don't already have one.

2 hours ago, Krank said:

Hi, i'm after getting my first secondary but I would like something different to having a pistol. I'm thinking of a MP5K, has anyone else got any other suggestions as I want to be different and not have a pistol, thanks Brad

Oh no, a spurs fan. 

OT: Skorpion is fun. MP7. Firehawk.

Another rifle? ;)

I honestly know a fair few people that just run 2 rifles (usually a long one and small one) cause reloading is dumb I guess.

Personally I would just get what you want and not worry about standing out as 9 times out of 10 someone else has that rare gun too.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

Another rifle? ;)

I honestly know a fair few people that just run 2 rifles (usually a long one and small one) cause reloading is dumb I guess.

Personally I would just get what you want and not worry about standing out as 9 times out of 10 someone else has that rare gun too.

i dunno, i've yet to see anyone at a skirmish with a makarov or an mg42 :P

26 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i dunno, i've yet to see anyone at a skirmish with a makarov or an mg42 :P

I have seen a MG42 (can't really miss it) but I haven't seen a makarov but it is not a massive pistol so might have missed it.

Definitely stands out from another M4 and Glock 😀

• Supporters

Problem with the “tell me what to buy ?” Type posts is unless the player making the suggestion of a ‘different’ secondary for you is very familiar with your likes/dislikes/style of play then the chances of picking the gun your going to react to with the hoped for “OMG! Just what I want !” Are slim to say the least ? 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Game Cam said:

I have seen a MG42 (can't really miss it) but I haven't seen a makarov but it is not a massive pistol so might have missed it.

Definitely stands out from another M4 and Glock 😀

well i tend not to run them together, but the makarov is my current favourite pistol because there's just so much performance in such a small package

What about, Real sword Type 97b is the secondary I use with my SVD, and sometimes my PKM feeds from stanag style magazine, and it's different (but expensive).

I wouldn’t toss aside the pistol. I always have my P226 because I know that when all else fails, I can drop it in muddy puddles, scrape it along gravel, sit on it, fall on it and take it to hell and back but there’s still going to be a BB coming out the barrel when I pull the trigger.

If you wanted to go down the SMG route, then how about an MP7?

See im having a similar thing with mine. Basically i have an MB06 sniper, SR4 Mamba, Mac11, Beretta and a Glock 17. I like to think i use the Mamba as primary with the Beretta as my side arm as i’ll be running around more or my sniper with the Mac11 coz its fun, and handy if someone slips past my sights and gets too close.

On 18/10/2018 at 13:03, Adolf Hamster said:

well i tend not to run them together, but the makarov is my current favourite pistol because there's just so much performance in such a small package

I like the Makarovs (used to have one when I lived in S America) but have been put off buying one due to lots of reports of problems with them on other forums. .

Obviously you have a good one Adolf,  but as always with WE, it's a bit of a lottery..

I am still tempted though. 

• Supporters
19 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

I like the Makarovs (used to have one when I lived in S America) but have been put off buying one due to lots of reports of problems with them on other forums. .

Obviously you have a good one Adolf,  but as always with WE, it's a bit of a lottery..

I am still tempted though. 

mine wasn't perfect out of the box, the stock hop didn't have enough travel, but a little strip of cut up aeg hop rubber as a spacer and it's able to lift .3's perfectly well and it's got a scary amount of range for the size of it.

Unless you’re playing as an aggressive sniper, where something like a m4 tanker or mp5k would be ideal, I’d stick to a pistol. They’re easy to draw, compact, mags are small and they hold on average 25BBs. More than enough to clear a couple of rooms/ take people out in your MED. Having something dangle from a sling can be a pain. 

There's plenty of quirky secondaries to buy, it all depends on what you want..

If I were to buy a non pistol secondary (to use with a bolt action or a heavy gun like a LMG) i'd buy one of those Ares Amoeba M4s, I believe they're called CCR or something.. Short (as in less than 10cm) barrel, no stock or a folding brace, extremely light yet packing plenty of firepower.. Plenty of spares and upgrades readily available literally everywhere, no gas cans or co2 cartridges, just plug a battery and an m4 mag and you got yourself the best secondary you can have..

I never run a secondary though, I barely used my kwa g19 when I bought it back then.. It's just more weight and extra stuff that can be lost in the woods..

• Supporters
On 18/10/2018 at 09:20, Krank said:

MP5K

You rang?

It's a fine choice as a secondary for a sniper.  It also works as a primary for CQB, or even woodland at a push.

As a secondary for an AEG for use when breaching, I'd have to bend to convention and suggest a pistol.

You could be kinky and go for an AEP, particularly with winter coming on.  The CYMAs work well enough and can be upgraded without too much cost.

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2018 at 09:20, Krank said:

I play cqb at my site and run a stubby m4 as my main. My secondary is a grenade pistol with moscart rounds which is nice if you have to enter a dark room or an open space you know there are a few enemies you couldn't dispatch all of them before you were spotted. Only holds a single she'll but good for those "oh fuck" moments.

I've recently ordered a cyma cm 357 stubby so can't speak as to how that works yet but I believe your secondary needs to fill a different purpose to your main and I think that something that just shoots a single bb just like your rifle but shorter doesn't differentiate it's role enough to be a consideration

Archived