Airsoft 2.0 (invite to join will be closed 19/10/18)

Seth_Erebor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

14 minutes ago, Game Cam said:

Well fun is a very personal thing but I always think of fun Airsoft as when people give in more to the fact that they are grown men running around with toy guns.

I think if you are gonna televise it, it's gonna be more what's entertaining.

Animated deaths are more entertaining than just putting your hand up, I have been in fits of laugher after I hit someone and he went into a Oscar winner piece with a medic.

Teamwork is always very satisfying to watch from coordinated sweep of a building to a well done flank so having players that work together would help.

Variety and aesthetic gear would also help make it more interesting to watch so having players with all different guns and uniforms (WW2 to Sci-fi).

Big personalities.... Eh. I mean just having folk that talk and are slightly likeable would be enough, folk are gonna watch for the pew more than the character drama.

I think you would have to have game modes that are interesting and varied. Adding in some people playing VIPs or villagers would add in more variables.

Epic plays would be great but I think as long as it doesn't get stale and stay interesting it should be fine.

I mean if I was doing it and REALLY wanted it to do well. I would be tempted to go down the WWE route and have everything pre planned and just have actors being players.

But anyway that's just off the top of my head. I don't think TV would do that well since you can just watch stuff on YouTube.

I agree, it can’t be taken too seriously otherwise it just stops being fun. 

If players are asked to put in an performance I’m sure they’ll have their “thing” be that a scream or other blood curdling noise. 

Games modes are very important, but I’m a fan of emergent gameplay so the ability for things to change is where it gets interesting. After you have that, ideas will be able to be implemented on a system level. It’s like saying: build the phone and the apps will come, etc

Teamwork is everything, but it has to also be in the natural flow of the game to work, do you agree?

I’ve seen in-game reporters do this, are there any channels that are exclusively like that? 

I would watch that more than pre/post-game stuff. 

It won’t 😉

I don’t watch live TV myself. 

20 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Anybody looked at "his" (?) website on his profile ?

http://airsoft.group/

Your thoughts?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven’t we had this military training idea suggested before? Like least week? ....and the week before that.... and the one before that.. usually designed by a person who hasn’t held an air rifle before, let alone a firearm. 

Just now, Wo1f said:

Haven’t we had this military training idea suggested before? Like least week? ....and the week before that.... and the one before that.. usually designed by a person who hasn’t held an air rifle before, let alone a firearm. 

That isn’t Airsoft related. 

Just now, cropzy said:

So are you going to get to the point.

Me?

So I may have misunderstood after sifting through all the replies on here but it looks like, in some convoluted roundabout way, you've explained that you may be on to some sort of hit detection system, which you would intend to implement?

I don't know much about optical tracking, but if it requires setting up specialized cameras capable of capturing the whole gaming area, - just go whole-hog and send everyone out with a VR headset. Get yourself a few decent developers and designers on board and set up a Augmented reality system complete with hit detection, real gun sounds etc.... throw a few explosions in there while you're at it. May sound ludicrously ambitious, but hey, no more ambitious than tracking thousands of different small projectiles in an enclosed 3D environment, moving between 250 and 550 feet per second.

1 minute ago, callumbagshaw said:

So I may have misunderstood after sifting through all the replies on here but it looks like, in some convoluted roundabout way, you've explained that you may be on to some sort of hit detection system, which you would intend to implement?

I don't know much about optical tracking, but if it requires setting up specialized cameras capable of capturing the whole gaming area, - just go whole-hog and send everyone out with a VR headset. Get yourself a few decent developers and designers on board and set up a Augmented reality system complete with hit detection, real gun sounds etc.... throw a few explosions in there while you're at it. May sound ludicrously ambitious, but hey, no more ambitious than tracking thousands of different small projectiles in an enclosed 3D environment, moving between 250 and 550 feet per second.

We have some ideas flying around, but it’s way down the pile. 

We planned that out actually and may do that at some point, but I feel it looses the escape of the digital world. I like to disconnect when I play. 

Pretty much most of what people have brought up has been covered to a significant degree. 

9 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

We have some ideas flying around, but it’s way down the pile. 

We planned that out actually and may do that at some point, but I feel it looses the escape of the digital world. I like to disconnect when I play. 

Pretty much most of what people have brought up has been covered to a significant degree. 

Still immensely vague....?

Sorry but you have to see this from the perspective of those who may actually be interested in whatever it is you're offering - what they're seeing is this:

"I have an idea but I don't have the necessary skills to pull it off alone, I can't tell you what my idea is though because it's super secret, but even though you've never heard from me, met me or spoken to me, just trust me" 

And then whenever anyone has poked at what your idea might be, your response is along the lines of "yeah that's part of it".

Some highlights of my ideas which are "way down the pile", that I don't have the necessary skills to execute include:

-Teleportation

-Self-cleaning clothes

-Cure for cancer

Sorry to be harsh but I'm trying to point out that what you're asking of people here is, for want of a better word, crazy!

If the idea is so good, get a patent or some sort of copyright, then share your 350 page document - if someone can be arsed to read all 350 pages, you've probably found your guy.

None the less, I wish you the best of luck with your endeavour. 

Long time lurker - felt compelled to register and post just for this thread.

You keep saying we... Who is we? The Linkedin profile only shows one person. You...

Sorry but this stinks of scam OR just some 25/26 y/o with a business idea for the hobby he loves so much. The companies linked in is full of marketing BS and buzz words. Seeing as Airsoft Group was 'founded' early this year and NOTHING has come of it yet, the registered address is to a totally different company and all that has seemingly been done on the page is share a few military videos. But then lets look at your social media presense... Every account is the same display picture, little to no friends (might be set to private) and the same shit posted on every account. Just sharing military videos and @ing people to contact. Your FB is just a shell of your twitter feed. Looks like you arent really Seth_K. Looks like Seth_K is a alter ego to me.

Then we actually get down to what you are asking - jesus christ. Who comes onto a public forum with an extremely vague idea asking for Chief Officers but without actually elaborating on what the idea is or how it will work. This is not something any professional I know would do.

Sorry but this SCREAMS SCAM! Or at the very least a ambitious (and somewhat interesting albeit) project that wont ever come to fruition. Sorry for the harsh words but you are doing yourself a massive disservice by approaching the situation like this. If you ever want to be considered a professional in any field you don't pull PR (which it effectively is PR given its on a public forum) like this.

28 minutes ago, callumbagshaw said:

Still immensely vague....?

Sorry but you have to see this from the perspective of those who may actually be interested in whatever it is you're offering - what they're seeing is this:

"I have an idea but I don't have the necessary skills to pull it off alone, I can't tell you what my idea is though because it's super secret, but even though you've never heard from me, met me or spoken to me, just trust me" 

And then whenever anyone has poked at what your idea might be, your response is along the lines of "yeah that's part of it".

Some highlights of my ideas which are "way down the pile", that I don't have the necessary skills to execute include:

-Teleportation

-Self-cleaning clothes

-Cure for cancer

Sorry to be harsh but I'm trying to point out that what you're asking of people here is, for want of a better word, crazy!

If the idea is so good, get a patent or some sort of copyright, then share your 350 page document - if someone can be arsed to read all 350 pages, you've probably found your guy.

None the less, I wish you the best of luck with your endeavour. 

You are 99% correct, I’m not asking you or most of the forum to trust me, just a capable person to make themselves know. 

Then of course they would receive the information. 

Um, no I can’t do it alone, obviously. That’s a poor way to run a company. 

I fully expected the reaction it received, but I knew if I found the right person it would be worth it. 

15 minutes ago, Th0rn0 said:

Long time lurker - felt compelled to register and post just for this thread.

You keep saying we... Who is we? The Linkedin profile only shows one person. You...

Sorry but this stinks of scam OR just some 25/26 y/o with a business idea for the hobby he loves so much. The companies linked in is full of marketing BS and buzz words. Seeing as Airsoft Group was 'founded' early this year and NOTHING has come of it yet, the registered address is to a totally different company and all that has seemingly been done on the page is share a few military videos. But then lets look at your social media presense... Every account is the same display picture, little to no friends (might be set to private) and the same shit posted on every account. Just sharing military videos and @ing people to contact. Your FB is just a shell of your twitter feed. Looks like you arent really Seth_K. Looks like Seth_K is a alter ego to me.

Then we actually get down to what you are asking - jesus christ. Anyone who comes onto a public forum with an extremely vague idea asking for Chief Officers but without actually elaborating on what the idea is or how it will work. This is not something any professional I know would do.

Sorry but this SCREAMS SCAM! Or at the very least a ambitious (and somewhat interesting albeit) project that wont ever come to fruition. Sorry for the harsh words but you are doing yourself a massive disservice by approaching the situation like this. If you ever want to be considered a professional in any field you don't pull PR (which it effectively is PR given its on a public forum) like this.

I feel honoured that you’d choose this thread to cause you to make the leap. 

It’s absolutely fine, I’m a very persistent person and we (yes, we) are doing just fine. The important thing in life is to try, I certainly don’t want to have regrets simply because I or others thought something would be difficult.

It really makes my day that you’d be that interested to do so much research just on me. Wow! I feel like I owe you a prize or something. 

Have you worked in open source intelligence?

If not, check out Michael Bazzell’s books on the subject, you’ll love it!

If I was asking for money, sure, that’s a scam but for one person and a professional at that, hmm he/she would realise pretty quickly and I’d be paying them sooooo. 

If you reach out via whatever platform you choose I’ll be more than happy to chat. 

• Supporters

Oops ! Looks like the wheels just fell of your trike ! 😂😂😂

00E40F9F-EF57-45BA-AD6B-35E5638E492B.jpeg

Better sign up fast guys, the "invitation to join" is closing soon! 

And yet still nothing has been posted to give any hint of what the OP actually wants people to do or what theyre trying to sell. Its all vague wordy-bollocks 

Im now more convinced this is a recruitment for a cult and its going to be like the Jonestown cult except everyone will be wearing speedsoft kit and body cameras and "drink the Nuprol". Either that or some wierd pyramid scheme "join me and be my [made up business title here] just need you to sign this NDA and cough up a £1000 investment! Guaranteed returns honest!" 

OP if you want people to give you even a vague hint of believably, stop being all vague and elusive and tell us exactly what you want or what youre proposing that will be so game changing. Because at the moment youre about on par with  Rainpal 

I’m sure there’s lots of capable people on here, me being one of them. But why would anyone offer up their time when you can’t be straight with anyone?

So until you can just tell people what you want to achieve... I’m out

• Supporters

i doubt you're going to get anyone seriously on board without some more concrete plans, what you're asking is to accept a job with a big salary with no actual basis for who's paying them, what they'd be paid to do, or what kind of financial security you'd have if you took up the post.

plus this is a garden industry, there's no real unification to it, there's a bunch of not particularly massive asian toy companies making the hardware, the occasional hipster in europe/america turning out top quality kit for top quality prices, and a bunch of farmers running sites who've figured out this airsoft malarkey pays more than milking cows.

and this is coming from the guy who last year was going to revolutionise airsoft with his uni project until he found out the hard way r&d requires a hell of a lot more money and multi-functional expertise than one student can obtain.

we also need to remember the reality of this industry is it's literally built on ripping off people's ideas, so as much as your reluctance to provide facts that could be stolen is admirable you're eventually going to have to unveil this idea of yours to the world and the moment that happens if it has any substance then you're going to be ripped off by every country in aisa who understands the reality of patent law.

Also having looked at OPs website, it claims they have access to a QE Aircraft carrier as a "training aid". Now apart from calling utter BS on that, and all the other ridiculous "training and recruitment"  they apparently offer, its also full of random youtube clips that mean nothing and have nothing to do with OPs site/business or airsoft.

But at least it looks flashy.

Where do I sign up for my Aircraft Carrier training?

1 hour ago, Seth_K said:

You are 99% correct, I’m not asking you or most of the forum to trust me, just a capable person to make themselves know. 

Then of course they would receive the information. 

Um, no I can’t do it alone, obviously. That’s a poor way to run a company. 

I fully expected the reaction it received, but I knew if I found the right person it would be worth it. 

I feel honoured that you’d choose this thread to cause you to make the leap. 

It’s absolutely fine, I’m a very persistent person and we (yes, we) are doing just fine. The important thing in life is to try, I certainly don’t want to have regrets simply because I or others thought something would be difficult.

It really makes my day that you’d be that interested to do so much research just on me. Wow! I feel like I owe you a prize or something. 

Have you worked in open source intelligence?

If not, check out Michael Bazzell’s books on the subject, you’ll love it!

If I was asking for money, sure, that’s a scam but for one person and a professional at that, hmm he/she would realise pretty quickly and I’d be paying them sooooo. 

If you reach out via whatever platform you choose I’ll be more than happy to chat. 

Don't flatter yourself. Literally 2 minutes of google and there it all is. The fact that I felt compelled to (for lack of a better word) expose you should NOT make you feel good about yourself. The sarcasm and deflection is also noted. 

You are far from any professional I would ever like to work with. Infact calling you professional is wrong. You are far from Professional.

But hey - I used to make up websites for businesses with the hope of watching them bring me in lots of money all from the comfort of my bedroom... When I was 13. You are full of marketing BS and buzzwords.

Good luck on your half assed and ill-thought out ideas. 

1 hour ago, cropzy said:

Oof

Don't flatter yourself. He's clearly taken the time to expose you for the shill you are.

I’ve been well and truly rumbled 😬

51 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

Better sign up fast guys, the "invitation to join" is closing soon! 

And yet still nothing has been posted to give any hint of what the OP actually wants people to do or what theyre trying to sell. Its all vague wordy-bollocks 

Im now more convinced this is a recruitment for a cult and its going to be like the Jonestown cult except everyone will be wearing speedsoft kit and body cameras and "drink the Nuprol". Either that or some wierd pyramid scheme "join me and be my [made up business title here] just need you to sign this NDA and cough up a £1000 investment! Guaranteed returns honest!" 

OP if you want people to give you even a vague hint of believably, stop being all vague and elusive and tell us exactly what you want or what youre proposing that will be so game changing. Because at the moment youre about on par with  Rainpal 

Rainpal?? 

Sorry man, that’s not budging and I didn’t change it from “thread closing” to “invitation closing”. 

You don’t want to invest in this, trust me. 

49 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I’m sure there’s lots of capable people on here, me being one of them. But why would anyone offer up their time when you can’t be straight with anyone?

So until you can just tell people what you want to achieve... I’m out

Dude! That’s all you had to say, are you based in London? 

I’m available next Wednesday afternoon, can you do central London?

46 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i doubt you're going to get anyone seriously on board without some more concrete plans, what you're asking is to accept a job with a big salary with no actual basis for who's paying them, what they'd be paid to do, or what kind of financial security you'd have if you took up the post.

plus this is a garden industry, there's no real unification to it, there's a bunch of not particularly massive asian toy companies making the hardware, the occasional hipster in europe/america turning out top quality kit for top quality prices, and a bunch of farmers running sites who've figured out this airsoft malarkey pays more than milking cows.

and this is coming from the guy who last year was going to revolutionise airsoft with his uni project until he found out the hard way r&d requires a hell of a lot more money and multi-functional expertise than one student can obtain.

we also need to remember the reality of this industry is it's literally built on ripping off people's ideas, so as much as your reluctance to provide facts that could be stolen is admirable you're eventually going to have to unveil this idea of yours to the world and the moment that happens if it has any substance then you're going to be ripped off by every country in aisa who understands the reality of patent law.

Ok, you get it! I’ll also get in touch with you today. 

44 minutes ago, Tiercel said:

Also having looked at OPs website, it claims they have access to a QE Aircraft carrier as a "training aid". Now apart from calling utter BS on that, and all the other ridiculous "training and recruitment"  they apparently offer, its also full of random youtube clips that mean nothing and have nothing to do with OPs site/business or airsoft.

But at least it looks flashy.

Where do I sign up for my Aircraft Carrier training?

Flashy, thanks. I was aiming for simple. 

So that’s LVC and for the military I’m afraid. But you never know. 

31 minutes ago, Th0rn0 said:

Don't flatter yourself. Literally 2 minutes of google and there it all is. The fact that I felt compelled to (for lack of a better word) expose you should NOT make you feel good about yourself. The sarcasm and deflection is also noted. 

You are far from any professional I would ever like to work with. Infact calling you professional is wrong. You are far from Professional.

But hey - I used to make up websites for businesses with the hope of watching them bring me in lots of money all from the comfort of my bedroom... When I was 13. You are full of marketing BS and buzzwords.

Good luck on your half assed and ill-thought out ideas. 

I’m was being straight with you, to be honest, you sound a little upset. I hope you continue to post on the forum, don’t let me put you off. 

• Mostly Retired Moderators
1 minute ago, Seth_K said:

I didn’t change it from “thread closing” to “invitation closing”

That was a moderator decision to change the wording.

You do not have the authority to decide when your thread will be locked if things aren't panning out as you hoped.

And we didn't want members to believe you had an agreement with the moderating team over this thread.

The thread will remain open.

Just now, L3wisD said:

That was a moderator decision to change the wording.

You do not have the authority to decide when your thread will be locked if things aren't panning out as you hoped.

And we didn't want members to believe you had an agreement with the moderating team over this thread.

The thread will remain open.

Understandable, I won’t be monitoring it past that date, 3 days is enough time to get an answer. 

I hoped to find someone and I expected this as I’ve seen it before. 

Info or no info, nothing would have changed. 

This thread has intrigued me. I share the scepticism expressed by others, but sometimes even apparent loons come up with a bright idea (no offence meant).

I'm afraid I cannot elaborate on my own occupation or past experience on an open forum, but would be happy to have a brief chat about your proposal on a  purely confidential/non-committal basis this evening while I am conveying a high value asset to a distant location. Please drop me a message with your mobile number and I will call you.

If you are a serious innovator with a good idea that may benefit the community, then I'm happy to invest a few minutes on hearing you out. 

I hope to hear from you. If not, good luck with your venture, but I'd make it a priority to take advice on the manner in which you  approach potential partners, as this approach has succeeded in irritating and producing a negative response rather than producing the expected wonder and awe. There are many mature, very experienced and capable people on this forum, one of them may be exactly what you are looking for. If what you are proposing is genuine and not a teenage fantasy you may find some genuine support from the community.

However, we none of us appear to enjoy reading buzz words and vague references that remind us of all of the unsolicited dross we are bombarded with every minute of every day.

I await your pm.

I have a cracking idea lads, its called TwoTonebutRifsrwelcome Airsoft 9.0 but at this moment in time i cant disclose my actual idea, Its on a need to know basis (in the clouds) but if anybody wants a link to my professional portfolio and website its https://www.i'mfullofshit.co.nothanks 

Feel free to pm me if anybody is interested in just running the whole thing for me.

• Supporters
On 18/10/2018 at 14:07, Th0rn0 said:

You keep saying we

Mmm, approach with considerable caution, and for feck's sake don't put in any more time than you can afford to lose.

From what I can see, the plan is commercial milsim with model planes and helicopters buzzing around, and maybe a rusty APC or facsimile thereof parked down the end of the field.

Sure, that'll take seventy-eight figures to run properly, but I'm not sure where the money is coming from or who the target market is supposed to be.  I can't see it being sustainable as a corporate jolly, and it's not like we have a lot of demand for mercenaries in the UK.

Conceivably you could pitch it to the army as a recruitment aid, given their inability to get warm bodies in the door.   Come and experience fantasy-reality. Honest, being in the real army is just like this, it's all pew-pew-pew larks, and definitely not painting rocks and standing watch in the rain until an IED blows your balls off.

Archived