Airsoft 2.0 (invite to join will be closed 19/10/18)

Seth_Erebor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys,

Every so often an industry changes in a big way, what was once considered the norm becomes ancient history.

It doesn't happen by chance, it happens when someone or a group decide to make a plan and act on it.

Well, I've made such a plan. 12 months of work producing 350 pages and 23,500 words. ("Do you want a gold star Seth?")

I'm very confident that the impact will have a significant effect on every segment of the Airsoft industry.

Sorry to be a tease, but I'm not spilling the beans just yet, it'll get your hopes up and add pressure to deliver in a timely fashion.

No, what I'm looking for is an individual, capable of taking on the role of chief financial officer (CFO).

This is an offer of first refusal, the chance to use your skills for something that most you likely really enjoy.

Meetings with Venture Capitalists, High Net Worth individuals, Family Offices and Defence Primes are lined up, however, my strengths lie in other areas. What am I asking? If you can do the job, we'll agree on terms, then you'll take the data I have collated and form it into something that an investor can understand, capital required, ROI, etc.

This will require a few hours work and I will invite you to attend a few of the meetings, travel expenses will be covered although there is no commitment to come along. Should any number of these meetings result in an investment, the company will hire yourself and the others who are waiting in the wings. 

We are talking an investment of 7-8 figures here, so a certain degree of confidence and competency is a must. I trust you will know if you can do the job before we talk.

I look forward to meeting whoever feels that they can take this challenge on.

Thanks,

Seth

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

Hadn't realised half term’s early this year ? 🤦‍♂️

😂😂

The right person is either here or they’re not. 

I know this post is highly irregular anywhere let alone an Airsoft forum. 

I also knew that the immediate reaction would be healthy skepticism and that, unfortunately, is the reason behind a distinct lack of any real information. 

Should you you know someone with the passion for Airsoft and the skills to at least grow into the role, please send them my way. 

Thank you

Seth, I think you might have done better with a more down to earth request to talk to someone for airsoft advice and then advance to your project privately rather than this hype attempt.

4 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Seth, I think you might have done better with a more down to earth request to talk to someone for airsoft advice and then advance to your project privately rather than this hype attempt.

Or "anyone got experience with X?" A good CFO will want good money, and a good contract, just to start working.

Just now, EDcase said:

That’s a good shout, I did want catch a bit of attention, find who I needed then disappear. 

Who would you have approached as I’ll have a lot of other seats to fill? Provided it happens. 

2 minutes ago, skintrade said:

Or "anyone got experience with X?" A good CFO will want good money, and a good contract, just to start working.

Do you know some?

I'm just being resourceful :)

Can you imagine the cost to bring someone up to speed just for a days worth of work, I’d much rather work with one of you/us. 

• Supporters

Your issue here is finding the right person, and I’ll be honest with, even if you find someone with the credentials your after, good chance is they are not a fit for the way you work. 

Your probably better off either trying to learn to do this yourself, or find someone with similar mindset to learn and do this. As your pretty much a startup investors will realise that you need a little experience before your going to be doing everything right. It’s your passion that needs to shine through.

Turning up to an investors meeting with everything immaculate and done to the T, will look very professional but may make investors nervous as you will come across as over confident, being willing to learn and make changes will help you a lot in the long run.

Not sure id want to work with anyone that refers to themselves as Lord Kumar!!!

8 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

Do you know some?

No CFOs in my contacts that aren't under contract, heavily employed, or interested in the pew pew world

3 minutes ago, Prisce said:

Your issue here is finding the right person, and I’ll be honest with, even if you find someone with the credentials your after, good chance is they are not a fit for the way you work. 

Your probably better off either trying to learn to do this yourself, or find someone with similar mindset to learn and do this. As your pretty much a startup investors will realise that you need a little experience before your going to be doing everything right. It’s your passion that needs to shine through.

Turning up to an investors meeting with everything immaculate and done to the T, will look very professional but may make investors nervous as you will come across as over confident, being willing to learn and make changes will help you a lot in the long run.

That’s some sound advice, what do you mean? The way I work?

I have done it, it’s more of a once over and advice that I need, hopefully with someone that can jump in full time after investment is secured. 

I have to laugh, very counter intuitive but it does make sense. I’ll be sure to hit the middle ground. 

5 minutes ago, skintrade said:

No CFOs in my contacts that aren't under contract, heavily employed, or interested in the pew pew world

Ah, thanks all the same. I’m lucky to have one or two people capable of the role around, but they don’t always quite “get it”. 

• Supporters
15 minutes ago, Seth_K said:

That’s some sound advice, what do you mean? The way I work?

I have done it, it’s more of a once over and advice that I need, hopefully with someone that can jump in full time after investment is secured. 

I have to laugh, very counter intuitive but it does make sense. I’ll be sure to hit the middle ground. 

The way you work. Are you organised? Messy but under control? Headless chicken? Do you leave people to work independently or do you (politely) interfere? 

People always work in a specific way, so finding out how you work, and finding it in someone else is very hard.

Then all you need is a consultant, just a look over, someone willing to work part time. Will cut down on your costs and also probably help you find a suitable candidate. They also don’t need an interest in the hobby.

20 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

The last time I saw a sales pitch this good, this happened..

Children can’t work in factories?? I need to revise my numbers ;)

10 minutes ago, Prisce said:

The way you work. Are you organised? Messy but under control? Headless chicken? Do you leave people to work independently or do you (politely) interfere? 

People always work in a specific way, so finding out how you work, and finding it in someone else is very hard.

Then all you need is a consultant, just a look over, someone willing to work part time. Will cut down on your costs and also probably help you find a suitable candidate. They also don’t need an interest in the hobby.

Bit of a perfectionist, but I know when to say that will do. Very organised digitally, don’t leave any blank paper around me. 

I know what I’m doing in the way a native speaker can read/write/talk and I work well with most people as I can (you might laugh) communicate my vision well enough to leave them to it for the most part.  

I’m going to pursue that idea and see who pops up, I imagine there are websites similar to Fiverr for that kind of thing. I just hope they take severed limbs (arm and a leg) as the daily rates will hurt more haha!

You may need to elaborate a little more on what it is you want some one to get on board with? I personally pick my time investments carefully due to other comitments work/house/family etc. Its hard to encourage some one to blindly put themselves forward to a mystery concept.

Every week we get a hairbrained thread about how someone is going to revolutionise Airsoft or they are making the next great site or next great product. You know what all of them have in common? They never happen.. and for a multitude of reasons. 

First of, the wolf of wall street sales pitch is grating to say the least. You’re talking on a forum full of your potential customers I assume?

you’re FAR to vague about what it is your plan is. I spend all day talking to multi millionaire business owners and the common trait they all have is they all tell it how it is. They’re to the point and concise about everything. 

By the sounds of it, you want somebody to secure you investors, and once that’s happened, THEN you’ll hire them? You couldn’t talk the guy down at your local Burger King into those terms. And you expect a highly qualified business professional to do it?

the only way this will work is if your ‘idea’ is the greatest thing every airsofter has ever heard, and until people know what it is, you’re never in a million years going to get the level of help you’re looking for. Is it a product? A service? Are you trying to change legislation?

8 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Every week we get a hairbrained thread about how someone is going to revolutionise Airsoft or they are making the next great site or next great product. You know what all of them have in common? They never happen.. and for a multitude of reasons. 

First of, the wolf of wall street sales pitch is grating to say the least. You’re talking on a forum full of your potential customers I assume?

you’re FAR to vague about what it is your plan is. I spend all day talking to multi millionaire business owners and the common trait they all have is they all tell it how it is. They’re to the point and concise about everything. 

By the sounds of it, you want somebody to secure you investors, and once that’s happened, THEN you’ll hire them? You couldn’t talk the guy down at your local Burger King into those terms. And you expect a highly qualified business professional to do it?

the only way this will work is if your ‘idea’ is the greatest thing every airsofter has ever heard, and until people know what it is, you’re never in a million years going to get the level of help you’re looking for. Is it a product? A service? Are you trying to change legislation?

Tell me about it, I tried to avoid that by not making any promises, the person I found would then could make up their mind based on additional information. 

Is it terrible that reading that made me smile, he’s an amazing salesman with poor ethics, what in particular made you think of the film/Jordan?

I imagine a few of you may well want to come along at some point, but I’m not pitching that today. 

I already have investors, in fact, 80% of the work has been done already, as discussed with the others here it’s the once over that I want, to then turn into something permanent. 

It might be, only time will tell. But it had better be good to make a return, right? I’m not out here flogging AEGs 😂

48 minutes ago, shortman said:

You may need to elaborate a little more on what it is you want some one to get on board with? I personally pick my time investments carefully due to other comitments work/house/family etc. Its hard to encourage some one to blindly put themselves forward to a mystery concept.

Absolutely understandable, should you be convinced will you be able to assist?

5 minutes ago, Immortal said:

If it's 6mm TAG rounds I'm in. :D  It has to be exactly that though. Nothing else.

It’s not any one thing, product, technology, site or RIF, it’s a collection right across the board. Hence the scale of the project. 

1 minute ago, Tiercel said:

Are you on drugs? What is this pile of wordy shite, its text-diarrhoea. I dont think you've ever even played airsoft and this is some bizarre Nigerian prince scam.

Is that a no?

• Supporters

To be honest unless your willing to put some ‘meat on the bones’ then the whole pitch just comes across as some sad little fantasy from a grown man that still lives in his parents attic , and calls it his ‘command center’ to all the prepubescent kids he plays Fortnight with on-line .

Most members on here are ‘grownups’ , some of us are very grownup (that’s in age not behaviour) so the vague suggestion technique won’t work with most of us , it’s either tell the truth or just Frank Boff .

1 minute ago, Druid799 said:

To be honest unless your willing to put some ‘meat on the bones’ then the whole pitch just comes across as some sad little fantasy from a grown man that still lives in his parents attic , and calls it his ‘command center’ to all the prepubescent kids he plays Fortnight with on-line .

Most members on here are ‘grownups’ , some of us are very grownup (that’s in age not behaviour) so the vague suggestion technique won’t work with most of us , it’s either tell the truth or just Frank Boff .

Are you spying on me? 

I’ll need to look back at my original post, but I thought it was clear that I am looking for people with a particular set of skills then we’d move forward from there. 

This is not a pitch. 

So, are you able to assist?

10 minutes ago, Immortal said:

A World Cup?

Eventually, at least the infrastructure will be there but that could be done now. 

How do you envision it?

Archived