Tracer unit recommendation

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I used my Vector in CQB last night and had an absolute blast.
I'm currently running it with an XCortech xt301 tracer unit. However, the problem is - it's shit (and broken now).
So I'm going to leave them for my pistols.
I need suggestions for decent tracer units, which don't massively increase the length of the gun.
I have three questions:
Which tracer are you running?
What do you think of it?
Would you get it again?
TIA 😄 

I use a B&T tracer unit. I have used it for three skirmishes and it has a broken sprung power button. I have to use tweezers to switch it off. Nice and bright though. 

I'd try something more robust next. 

Acetech Predator.  Looks like a real Knights Armament silencer.  Tracer unit goes inside or use foam inserts.  It is also quick detach. (Comes with birdcage flash hider with cut out)  Takes seconds to take on & off your gun and looks good.  Made of metal and can take quite a knock.  Tracer is very bright as well....

acetech-predator-vfc-kac-tracer-unit-at2000-module__12281.1516484581.jpg

2 hours ago, Prisce said:

Make one on the hop unit and wire it to the trigger contacts so it only turns on when you fire your gun.. easy!

Easy..... you use that word..... I do not think it means what you think it means 😄 

I use the G&G rechargeable Tracer unit - a very robust unit which works well without the need for batteries!

Are you going to be using red tracers as well? Worth checking that whichever unit you opt for is also compatible with reds. Our local site assigns different colour tracer rounds to opposing teams for Milsim events & there's been a few instances where red tracer bb's haven't worked with peoples units.

Obviously the above is somewhat a moot point if you're only using greens!

• Supporters

I have a Dytac one in a QD AAC suppressor for my SCAR, nie and bright, and quick to fit, a B&T one I mostly just use on my MP5K and a MAXX hop unit with tracer in my Specna which is EPIC!

Anything Acetech, if you want a supressor looking unit, AT1000, if you want a QD flash hider/tracer combo, AT2000, if you want something small and compact which can also be used with a pistol, AceTech Lighter.

i personally use the AT1000 and am so impressed i've bought a Lighter to use with my pistols, i'm really happy with the brightness of the bb's

Also AVOID the Nuprol tracer, it's utter garbage

On 17/10/2018 at 14:37, Monkman said:

Acetech Predator.  Looks like a real Knights Armament silencer.  Tracer unit goes inside or use foam inserts.  It is also quick detach. (Comes with birdcage flash hider with cut out)  Takes seconds to take on & off your gun and looks good.  Made of metal and can take quite a knock.  Tracer is very bright as well....

acetech-predator-vfc-kac-tracer-unit-at2000-module__12281.1516484581.jpg

Thanks for the suggestion.
Hopefully it will be arriving today 😄

Archived