What's wrong in Airsoft (positive)

Seth_Erebor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Shizbazki said:

Ohh this is gonna be a long one :D

Sites:

• 99% of sites are all the same looking, WOODLAND – there is quite a distinct lack of variation, a bit of forest.
  • Only open on Sundays – I work shifts which means I am not always around for Sunday games
  • Crack of dawn times in order to get to some these places – Really why so early
  • Poorly sign posted entries to airsoft sites.
  • By the time you do turn up the road leading to the car park is a shocking dirt track – It seems all site owners assume we all drive 4x4s.
  • Car Park and Safe Zone distances – Owners, all us airsofters love to bring several guns or bags of kit etc I don’t want to be trudging half a mile to get to a table.
  • Speaking of tables, Lack of stable, no hole tables in safe zones – how many times do you turn up at safe zones to find there are too few tables, and those tables that are there are wobblier than a plate made of jelly on jelly with more holes than a sieve on the top. Anything you drop on the table goes through the table.
  • Lack of Chairs – Sites owners, not all airsofters are elite, super human, special forces operators, some of us get a bit creaky at the joints after a few hours play and want to sit down.
  • Lack of flooring in safe zones – Owners, can we please have a safe zone where at the end of the day it doesn’t look like a bunch of guys are having a mud bath. Concrete or gravel the place or something.
  • Lack of shelter – Lets be honest it rains in the UK, can we please have safe zones were there are roofs to shelter from rain rather than leave our kit out in the open to get soaked.
  • On site shops – I have found that this swings in roundabouts, you have sites that have really good shops, well stocked from good name brands for decent or high street prices. On the flip side I have seen shops that have little or nothing charging extortionate prices for no name brands.
  • Food – Some sites I have been are ace at this, great on site food made, others have nothing at all.
  • What goes in must come out and so Toilets (and/or a lack of them) – OMG I have seen and smelt some horrific things in those. Some places I have been it was literally a bucket with a seat thrown on top. If there is one thing I think that is keeping the female airsofter away from airsofting its this. Some places there is no toilet other than a bush.
  • People who dry fire in the safe zone – nothing makes me more nervous than people who dry fire in the safe zone, want to test if you gun works, go into the play zone first!

Safety Briefing:

• Ok I understand that there needs to be a safety briefing, but owners can you please just draw up a flash card, keep it quick, simple and short. I have had safety briefings last nearly an hour, an hour of my time that I paid to play.
  • On the flip side, other players who think they are clever talking during the safety briefing or making funny jokes or quips thinking its banter.
  • Also, whilst I understand that this is generally an adult’s game but does the safety briefing need swearing? I have seen it done where I marshal continuously swore, I don’t know if he was trying to make a point, be funny, who knows. It made the marshal look unprofessional and un-credible

Chrono’ing

• Could we please have more than one Marshal chronoing – I went to a site where it took forever to chrono because there was just one person doing it.
  • Chrono should be done using the sites own mags and BBs at .20g then using the mag and BBs you intend to use – This way the site can at least set a base line to ensure your full auto AEG is below the 350FPS on .20g BBs before using the mag with the BB weight you intend to use to ensure no joule creep occurs.
  • HPA users (myself included) want to be shown as being transparent and honest, can marshals please ensure that regulators are tournament locked.

Ranges

After chronoing and stuff, most players want or need to dial in the hop up. It would be nice if sites could provide a range to test the gun on, 100 metres at least is needed for those with bolt actions sniper rifles. And targets that visually move and ping when hit. Also needs to be bright so you can see where the shots are going.

Game Area

• All too often you turn up and they sort of tell you vaguely where the border is, saying its that hill there, that ridge up there, the ditch that runs along there, where the string is or the tree line. Site owners NO! make it a clear and obvious border, I want to see fencing or netting or hard walls. I want obvious borders!
  • Lack of buildings or interesting buildings. And those buildings that are out there, I means seriously who builds a house or building like a maze?
  • This pallet with a zillion holes is hard cover, nah mate it isn’t. Hard cover should be that, HARD, no holes, no see through. All too often you have these walls made of pallets and hessian wrap that they and I can see through, use tarpaulin instead.
  • This is a building, you can’t throw grenades over the top, SO PUT A ROOF ON IT THEN!
  • These are very high walls, you can’t look over the top of it to gain a recce advantage, SO MAKE IT 8 FOOT HIGH WALLS SO WE CANT SEE OVER THE TOP THEN!
  • Wobbly structures or structures in a poor state of repair.
  • Choke points where you queue to die makes boring game play.
  • Bridges in sites need to be wider with cover built into them for an attacking team or a defending team need to be so far back that AEGs cant reach but snipers can to allow a game to flow. All too often at sites, this is where the game gets bogged down too much.
  • There is always the same fall back game, maybe some sites should introduce objectives such as a bomb they need to set off to clear the site rather than players, this would dislodge the snipers who just hide all day. Think RUSH from the battle field series.
  • Marshals giving very poor, disjointed game briefings so everyone runs into battle without a clue as to what they are doing.
  • Massive slogs back to respawn
  • Marshals, take hint that some people actually like fast, quick turnaround games as well.
  • Packing everything up takes ages but I have gotten quicker
  • Long drive back home

Airsoft Retailers

• UKARA – really, I can’t walk into any gun shop and buy a powerful metal firing air rifle or pistol, in full black or camo look without so much as providing my details. Yet to buy a plastic firing, lower powered airsoft RIF I have to play three games etc etc? This is more a rant at the law than retailers.
  • OUT OF STOCK  - how many times do you see this! It’s the scourge of airsofters worldwide.
  • Lack of stock and variety of stock is what makes the retailers here the laughing stock! They wonder why airsofters sometimes shop from Hong Kong, the US or EU retailers. Because of the better stock levels, bigger variety etc.
  • Saying something is in stock when really its pre ordering from elsewhere, just be damned honest and say to the customer, you can buy it from us but we will have to order it in to send to you. Brownells UK does this well saying what products are in stock (really in stock in the USA), you buy it and they tell you its coming from the States.
  • When I place an order, I expect it to be shipped the next working day, not a few days, not next week, the next working day! So if I place an order on Monday morning (local time to retailer) I expect it to be shipped by Tuesday afternoon. Not a week later. MLEMart holds the record for me so far, two weeks from date of order to date of shipping. Now to be clear, I am not talking about receiving it, just the time difference between order being placed and order shipped.
  • Speaking of shipping, stuff coming in from abroad and getting hit by the tax man.
  • Can’t complain of tech work as I tend to do all my own teching

Airsoft Forums and Facebook groups

• Can’t buy or sell RIFs on Facebook
  • The same questions being asked time and again, use the search function or better yet, have you heard of this website called Google?
  • Here’s some bits of my kit I want to sell, then proceeds to show blurry, poorly lit images of something maybe related to airsoft.
  • Here’s a photo of something I want to sell, also LOOK AT MY TOES! Not so bad if they are wearing socks, slippers or shoes but I don’t want to see your grubby toes despite how well you think your last pedicure went. People one of the key rules of photography is COMPOSITION. If your crap at composition, use post processing crop.
  • How not to sell airsoft stuff on a forum Part 1: “I want to sell my uber super RIF but I can’t add photos, PM me for the photos”. Immediately to me I just close your sale tab and move on. People there are sites like IMGUR where you can upload dozens of photos and just forum link the images, simple.
  • How not to sell airsoft stuff on a forum Part 2: “I am selling my uber super RIF, I have dones so many upgrades to it and it shoots players on the moon, cost £2,000,000”. People over exaggerating the specs of guns or the value of it. I usually devalue guns especially if they have been painted, be it two tone or camo painted.
  • How not to sell airsoft stuff on a forum Part 3: “I am selling my uber super RIF, £200” and that’s it, people if your selling a RIF or kit I want an essay of every part that you have damaged, changed, upgraded or modified since it has been in your possession, picture should also be included.
  • Airsoft Forums that don’t work – Zeroin im looking at you
  • The usual “what’s the best sniper rifle, VSR vs SRS vs SSG24” storm that’ll produce
  • Buyers who ghost you

Airsoft RIFS

• In general
    • Not working when you need them to work
    • Randomly taking a dump on you mid skirmish
    • Most things never fits in properly without modifications, sometimes it too tight, too loose, too big ot too small. That said my HPA M4 all fitted well together.
  •  
  • AEGs:
    • Need I say more? 11+ delicate and intricately meshed parts moving at high speed, it a recipe for disaster, more moving parts = more points of failure.
    • Batteries dying on you
  •  
  • GBBRs:
    • Cold weather, even for ones quite resistant such as GHKs
    • Green Gas silicone getting into the gun affecting hopup
    • Very expensive mags
    • Can be maintenance high
    • Not consistent enough FPS
  •  
  • GBB Pistols:
    • Cold weather resistance
    • Pricy mags
  •  
  • HPA guns
    • HPA haters
    • Yes line can get in the way, deal with it
    • Gun has no soul

Kit in general

• Stuff never seems to work the way its meant to work when needed
  • Getting tangled in your kit
  • Cheap Chinese knock off clones
  • People calling fake EoTech sights “holographic sights” when really it’s just a rubbish RDS at best
  • Getting your optic shot out (not happened to me yet).
  • Fogging! Bane of every airsofter

People of airsofting

• Non hit takers
  • Cheaters
  • Players who stay too far back
  • Player Generals! - the "COME ON MOVE FORWARDS!" grabbing you to drag you to the front
  • Walts
  • Vapers – OMG it seems every other airsofter vapes, I have seen a crowd of airosfters for a safety briefing with a thick cloud of vape hanging over them. How often do you need to suck on that little thing.

Manufacturers of airsoft stuff

• Cutting corners
  • Still using cheap Zinc alloy pot metal to make gearboxes and receivers
  • Poor Quality control
  • TM making pistols out of plastic and low FPS (Japanese Laws)
  • WE - Better QC and stop using zinc pot metal please
  • G&G stop trying to use propriety parts
  • G&P come on you need some innovation for the price your charging
  • GHK stop making your hop up chambers out of plastic
  • APS you need better QC
  • Nuprol - One word "Eeeuuurrrgh" 🤮
  • No innovation, some of them need to step up their game or GBLS will walk all over them.

Christ. Who spat in your cornflakes?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Powerplayers who carry on playing for seconds after you hit them and then call it after theyve hit more players.
  • People who panic fire back, well after you've hit them and then ask for a 50/50.
  • Overshooting, especially when someone has the drop on you. The amount of times ive been lit up from the side/behind when I wasnt aware of the shooter, with a hail of bb's is annoying.

On 16/10/2018 at 12:20, Immortal said:

Waking up at stupid o'clock...

UGH this is my number one bugbear with airsoft. One of my local fields does half-day afternoons which I really appreciate, though my ideal would be 10-5 or 11-6 games but I know it wouldn't be popular. Why do you people hate sleep so much!? 😴

On 22/10/2018 at 05:33, Shizbazki said:

Ohh this is gonna be a long one :D

Sites:

• 99% of sites are all the same looking, WOODLAND – there is quite a distinct lack of variation, a bit of forest.
  • Only open on Sundays – I work shifts which means I am not always around for Sunday games
  • Crack of dawn times in order to get to some these places – Really why so early
  • Poorly sign posted entries to airsoft sites.
  • By the time you do turn up the road leading to the car park is a shocking dirt track – It seems all site owners assume we all drive 4x4s.
  • Car Park and Safe Zone distances – Owners, all us airsofters love to bring several guns or bags of kit etc I don’t want to be trudging half a mile to get to a table.
  • Speaking of tables, Lack of stable, no hole tables in safe zones – how many times do you turn up at safe zones to find there are too few tables, and those tables that are there are wobblier than a plate made of jelly on jelly with more holes than a sieve on the top. Anything you drop on the table goes through the table.
  • Lack of Chairs – Sites owners, not all airsofters are elite, super human, special forces operators, some of us get a bit creaky at the joints after a few hours play and want to sit down.
  • Lack of flooring in safe zones – Owners, can we please have a safe zone where at the end of the day it doesn’t look like a bunch of guys are having a mud bath. Concrete or gravel the place or something.
  • Lack of shelter – Lets be honest it rains in the UK, can we please have safe zones were there are roofs to shelter from rain rather than leave our kit out in the open to get soaked.
  • On site shops – I have found that this swings in roundabouts, you have sites that have really good shops, well stocked from good name brands for decent or high street prices. On the flip side I have seen shops that have little or nothing charging extortionate prices for no name brands.
  • Food – Some sites I have been are ace at this, great on site food made, others have nothing at all.
  • What goes in must come out and so Toilets (and/or a lack of them) – OMG I have seen and smelt some horrific things in those. Some places I have been it was literally a bucket with a seat thrown on top. If there is one thing I think that is keeping the female airsofter away from airsofting its this. Some places there is no toilet other than a bush.
  • People who dry fire in the safe zone – nothing makes me more nervous than people who dry fire in the safe zone, want to test if you gun works, go into the play zone first!

Safety Briefing:

• Ok I understand that there needs to be a safety briefing, but owners can you please just draw up a flash card, keep it quick, simple and short. I have had safety briefings last nearly an hour, an hour of my time that I paid to play.
  • On the flip side, other players who think they are clever talking during the safety briefing or making funny jokes or quips thinking its banter.
  • Also, whilst I understand that this is generally an adult’s game but does the safety briefing need swearing? I have seen it done where I marshal continuously swore, I don’t know if he was trying to make a point, be funny, who knows. It made the marshal look unprofessional and un-credible

Chrono’ing

• Could we please have more than one Marshal chronoing – I went to a site where it took forever to chrono because there was just one person doing it.
  • Chrono should be done using the sites own mags and BBs at .20g then using the mag and BBs you intend to use – This way the site can at least set a base line to ensure your full auto AEG is below the 350FPS on .20g BBs before using the mag with the BB weight you intend to use to ensure no joule creep occurs.
  • HPA users (myself included) want to be shown as being transparent and honest, can marshals please ensure that regulators are tournament locked.

Ranges

After chronoing and stuff, most players want or need to dial in the hop up. It would be nice if sites could provide a range to test the gun on, 100 metres at least is needed for those with bolt actions sniper rifles. And targets that visually move and ping when hit. Also needs to be bright so you can see where the shots are going.

Game Area

• All too often you turn up and they sort of tell you vaguely where the border is, saying its that hill there, that ridge up there, the ditch that runs along there, where the string is or the tree line. Site owners NO! make it a clear and obvious border, I want to see fencing or netting or hard walls. I want obvious borders!
  • Lack of buildings or interesting buildings. And those buildings that are out there, I means seriously who builds a house or building like a maze?
  • This pallet with a zillion holes is hard cover, nah mate it isn’t. Hard cover should be that, HARD, no holes, no see through. All too often you have these walls made of pallets and hessian wrap that they and I can see through, use tarpaulin instead.
  • This is a building, you can’t throw grenades over the top, SO PUT A ROOF ON IT THEN!
  • These are very high walls, you can’t look over the top of it to gain a recce advantage, SO MAKE IT 8 FOOT HIGH WALLS SO WE CANT SEE OVER THE TOP THEN!
  • Wobbly structures or structures in a poor state of repair.
  • Choke points where you queue to die makes boring game play.
  • Bridges in sites need to be wider with cover built into them for an attacking team or a defending team need to be so far back that AEGs cant reach but snipers can to allow a game to flow. All too often at sites, this is where the game gets bogged down too much.
  • There is always the same fall back game, maybe some sites should introduce objectives such as a bomb they need to set off to clear the site rather than players, this would dislodge the snipers who just hide all day. Think RUSH from the battle field series.
  • Marshals giving very poor, disjointed game briefings so everyone runs into battle without a clue as to what they are doing.
  • Massive slogs back to respawn
  • Marshals, take hint that some people actually like fast, quick turnaround games as well.
  • Packing everything up takes ages but I have gotten quicker
  • Long drive back home

Airsoft Retailers

• UKARA – really, I can’t walk into any gun shop and buy a powerful metal firing air rifle or pistol, in full black or camo look without so much as providing my details. Yet to buy a plastic firing, lower powered airsoft RIF I have to play three games etc etc? This is more a rant at the law than retailers.
  • OUT OF STOCK  - how many times do you see this! It’s the scourge of airsofters worldwide.
  • Lack of stock and variety of stock is what makes the retailers here the laughing stock! They wonder why airsofters sometimes shop from Hong Kong, the US or EU retailers. Because of the better stock levels, bigger variety etc.
  • Saying something is in stock when really its pre ordering from elsewhere, just be damned honest and say to the customer, you can buy it from us but we will have to order it in to send to you. Brownells UK does this well saying what products are in stock (really in stock in the USA), you buy it and they tell you its coming from the States.
  • When I place an order, I expect it to be shipped the next working day, not a few days, not next week, the next working day! So if I place an order on Monday morning (local time to retailer) I expect it to be shipped by Tuesday afternoon. Not a week later. MLEMart holds the record for me so far, two weeks from date of order to date of shipping. Now to be clear, I am not talking about receiving it, just the time difference between order being placed and order shipped.
  • Speaking of shipping, stuff coming in from abroad and getting hit by the tax man.
  • Can’t complain of tech work as I tend to do all my own teching

Airsoft Forums and Facebook groups

• Can’t buy or sell RIFs on Facebook
  • The same questions being asked time and again, use the search function or better yet, have you heard of this website called Google?
  • Here’s some bits of my kit I want to sell, then proceeds to show blurry, poorly lit images of something maybe related to airsoft.
  • Here’s a photo of something I want to sell, also LOOK AT MY TOES! Not so bad if they are wearing socks, slippers or shoes but I don’t want to see your grubby toes despite how well you think your last pedicure went. People one of the key rules of photography is COMPOSITION. If your crap at composition, use post processing crop.
  • How not to sell airsoft stuff on a forum Part 1: “I want to sell my uber super RIF but I can’t add photos, PM me for the photos”. Immediately to me I just close your sale tab and move on. People there are sites like IMGUR where you can upload dozens of photos and just forum link the images, simple.
  • How not to sell airsoft stuff on a forum Part 2: “I am selling my uber super RIF, I have dones so many upgrades to it and it shoots players on the moon, cost £2,000,000”. People over exaggerating the specs of guns or the value of it. I usually devalue guns especially if they have been painted, be it two tone or camo painted.
  • How not to sell airsoft stuff on a forum Part 3: “I am selling my uber super RIF, £200” and that’s it, people if your selling a RIF or kit I want an essay of every part that you have damaged, changed, upgraded or modified since it has been in your possession, picture should also be included.
  • Airsoft Forums that don’t work – Zeroin im looking at you
  • The usual “what’s the best sniper rifle, VSR vs SRS vs SSG24” storm that’ll produce
  • Buyers who ghost you

Airsoft RIFS

• In general
    • Not working when you need them to work
    • Randomly taking a dump on you mid skirmish
    • Most things never fits in properly without modifications, sometimes it too tight, too loose, too big ot too small. That said my HPA M4 all fitted well together.
  •  
  • AEGs:
    • Need I say more? 11+ delicate and intricately meshed parts moving at high speed, it a recipe for disaster, more moving parts = more points of failure.
    • Batteries dying on you
  •  
  • GBBRs:
    • Cold weather, even for ones quite resistant such as GHKs
    • Very expensive mags
    • Can be maintenance high
  •  
  • GBB Pistols:
    • Cold weather resistance
    • Pricy mags
  •  
  • HPA guns
    • HPA haters
    • Yes line can get in the way, deal with it
    • Gun has no soul

Kit in general

• Stuff never seems to work the way its meant to work when needed
  • Getting tangled in your kit
  • Cheap Chinese knock off clones
  • People calling fake EoTech sights “holographic sights” when really it’s just a rubbish RDS at best
  • Getting your optic shot out (not happened to me yet).
  • Fogging! Bane of every airsofter

People of airsofting

• Non hit takers
  • Cheaters
  • Players who stay too far back
  • Player Generals! - the "COME ON MOVE FORWARDS!" grabbing you to drag you to the front
  • Walts
  • Vapers – OMG it seems every other airsofter vapes, I have seen a crowd of airosfters for a safety briefing with a thick cloud of vape hanging over them. How often do you need to suck on that little thing.

Manufacturers of airsoft stuff

• Cutting corners
  • Still using cheap Zinc alloy pot metal to make gearboxes and receivers
  • Poor Quality control
  • TM making pistols out of plastic and low FPS (Japanese Laws)
  • WE - Better QC and stop using zinc pot metal please
  • G&G stop trying to use propriety parts
  • G&P come on you need some innovation for the price your charging
  • GHK stop making your hop up chambers out of plastic
  • APS you need better QC
  • Nuprol - One word "Eeeuuurrrgh" 🤮
  • No innovation, some of them need to step up their game or GBLS will walk all over them.

Do you even oper8 bro

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Lollingsgrad said:

UGH this is my number one bugbear with airsoft. One of my local fields does half-day afternoons which I really appreciate, though my ideal would be 10-5 or 11-6 games but I know it wouldn't be popular. Why do you people hate sleep so much!? 😴

second that, local site to me did a special game last weekend, 1300 to 2100, I always enjoy night game so that seems like a good mix, also means I don't have to freeze me nuts off staying out all night 😉

Win Win

Archived