What's wrong in Airsoft (positive)

Seth_Erebor
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters
8 hours ago, MisterG said:

Every skirmish I lose or break something, but that's more Airsofter error than airsoft 😉

There you go G, fixed that for you 😜

Not enough manufacturers of rifs and accessories/gear having decent Web domains, I like looking through glossy well presented sites as it's basically a shop window, but half the companies out here either don't bother at all or just leave all their advertising to YouTube experts. 

I WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOU CLAIM YOUR PRODUCT CAN DO NOT WHAT SOME WEB CAM HERO THINKS 

I dislike when people get annoyed when I try and have a bit of fun and do a little roleplay when I get shot.

I dunno about you guys but I always love it when I shoot someone and they actually pretend to be shot (preferably in a comedic way) but some people get really annoyed cause they think I'm not taking it seriously enough.

Lack of stock variation in the UK. 

Everywhere you look: Nuprol, Viper, Kombat etc. 

Trying to find Japanese airsoft bits, like Marui and WA is harder in the UK (TM easier, of course). Finding higher end gear brands (new) for a decent price is too hard as well. 

1 minute ago, Dentonboy said:

Lack of stock variation in the UK. 

Everywhere you look: Nuprol, Viper, Kombat etc. 

Trying to find Japanese airsoft bits, like Marui and WA is harder in the UK (TM easier, of course). Finding higher end gear brands (new) for a decent price is too hard as well. 

Downside of the UK being a small marketplace with a small userbase, brands unless they have good local distribution have a hard time getting stores to hold stock as stores don't want to carry items that just sit too long and gather dust. Limited brands mean the main differences between retailers come down to price and customer service, and the retailer who has that one unique item gets ALL the business on that.

The cost of small pieces of plastic...

For example a battery compartment extension for the ares honey badger is £25, just for a small plastic box that would cost a quid to manufacture. Or 8 to 10 for an aftermarket hammer spring. List goes on.

One the gameday, one thing that gets annoying is the long walk up a steep slope from the safe zone to the gamezone!

The biggest pet peeve of mine is overkillers. Those guys that turn up with a >9000 rps, 349 fps m4 with a drum mag that fires 500 rounds into you from 10 feet away. Takes one good shot...

• Supporters
36 minutes ago, THE FNG said:

The cost of small pieces of plastic...

For example a battery compartment extension for the ares honey badger is £25, just for a small plastic box that would cost a quid to manufacture. Or 8 to 10 for an aftermarket hammer spring. List goes on.

Manufacture cost alone is not the total cost. R&D time, mould costs (especially for injection moulded hard plastics, the mould alone can cost many thousands), machine time, distribution costs etc... All adds up.  

The extended battery cover for a honey badger as an example, up front costs were probably a few grand. If there's say 10,000 honey Badgers in circulation around the world and EVERYONE bought one you'd still be looking at a few quid per part, since not everyone is going to buy one the company making them need to ensure they make a profit... As does the retailer and the wholesaler. 

If they made millions of them they'd cost pence, but they didn't make millions because they wouldn't sell millions. 

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, THE FNG said:

the biggest pet peeve of mine is overkillers. Those guys that turn up with a >9000 rps, 349 fps m4 with a drum mag that fires 500 rounds into you from 10 feet away. Takes one good shot...

amen, i'm happy to give only one shot, and as long as that's all it takes then that's all i'll give, but i've seen folk screaming hit loud and clear 3 or more times whilst under full auto fire from someone who definately heard them, and that's not on.

On 16/10/2018 at 12:07, Seth_K said:

• Non-hit taking rental players

What's even worse is non-hit taking regulars. All the kit, clearly dedicated to playing, yet ignoring hit after hit. There's a few at a local site, and as the marshals are next to useless, they do nothing about it. Gets super boring hitting someone who then turns round and shoots you back, time after time.

• Supporters
3 minutes ago, Slamz said:

What's even worse is non-hit taking regulars. All the kit, clearly dedicated to playing, yet ignoring hit after hit. There's a few at a local site, and as the marshals are next to useless, they do nothing about it. Gets super boring hitting someone who then turns round and shoots you back, time after time.

Sounds like a shit site.  While they're still getting your money they have no incentive to change, vote with your feet and play elsewhere. 

Gotta say as a noob the whole legal part is a pain, last week I was in a shop that happens to sell a few airsoft guns and pellet/air gun and spotted a co2 1911 for a really decent price, few questions had me finding out they didn't need/want to know about ukara status even tho the pistol is black, almost jumped on it til I thought to ask what the fps came out at guessing it's technically a co2 airgun rather than airsoft since he quoted me "around 425 mate", needless to say the wallet stayed in my pocket cos as nice as it looked its pointless if I can't use it at a skirmish, hearing some places don't bother looking into handgun fps is pretty worrying knowing there's guns that'll do that out of the box available to anyone with a spare 50 quid

4 minutes ago, jcheeseright said:

Sounds like a shit site.  While they're still getting your money they have no incentive to change, vote with your feet and play elsewhere. 

Oh I have, haven't been back for a while and trying new ones instead! 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Immortal said:

People that only do half days... LOL :D

whats wrong with that? especially if you live a long way away, i mean who wants to get up at 5am on a sunday :P

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

whats wrong with that? especially if you live a long way away, i mean who wants to get up at 5am on a sunday :P

I regularly do (at 6 tho :P), every Sunday apart from tournaments, in that case I may wake up at 3 or 4 xD

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, proffrink said:

What a bunch of bastards

I have that exact quote in sticker form on an old race/track car of mine.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Nick G said:

What's wrong with airsoft ? M4's ! sooooooo many bloody M4's  😂

indeed, i do not understand people with multiple ar platform guns, they're fundamentally the same at the end of the day.

same applies for glocks, "check out my new glock 465, it's exactly the same as every other glock out there but the grip is 2mm shorter and that makes it so much better for concealed carry"

19 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

indeed, i do not understand people with multiple ar platform guns, they're fundamentally the same at the end of the day.

same applies for glocks, "check out my new glock 465, it's exactly the same as every other glock out there but the grip is 2mm shorter and that makes it so much better for concealed carry"

That could be said for any RIF though 

43 minutes ago, Nick G said:

What's wrong with airsoft ? M4's ! sooooooo many bloody M4's  😂

Ever thought about mag/spares compatibility?

If I want another gun it's probably gonna be another AR since I already have a couple of rails and stocks, 6 midcaps and around 10 high caps for it :P also vests and pouches mostly come in stanag size (at least here in pizza land)

Players that don't take hits,

Marshals that don't marshal.

Poor safety briefings particularly for noobs.

Hot guns that have cheated chrono.

Poor facilities drinks, food toilets.

Trip hazards, logs , brambles.

Lots of things piss me off but I love to play & attacking games are best when the teams are equal.

On 16/10/2018 at 16:35, sonofsammo said:

Lunch hour.
I mean, seriously, wtf? How long does it take to get some scran down yer gullet and get back to the pewpew?
One sixth of the game day lost to lunch is ridickerous.

Playing devils advocate here...

Lunch can sometimes be an hour at our site due to the following;

• Lots of people to ensure get their lunch
  • Marshals need time to iron out any issues with rentals etc
  • bit of chill time if players have been out on long games all morning OR its a warm day (granted we are moving into the colder months now
  • break for marshals - our site we are there easily an hour before anyone else setting up getting chairs out, sorting rental guns (all so everyone can have a quick(ish) start to the day and be comfortable whatever the weather)
  • 80+ acres is a big site to marshal (yes we don't use it all at once) but unlike some players we are constantly on the move so a break to sit down and sort ourselves out is a welcome added (not forgetting while some marshals are paid some arnt and like everyone else that comes down to site we all work through the week and give up our time (paid or not) to ensure you as a player have a good day

Lunches arnt always an hour but chances are if they are that long there may be a reason behind it (cant speak for your chosen site) but again some players welcome the break from playing to have a sit and natter.

Archived