WE gbb pistol prices in UK

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I've noticed considerable variation in pricing between different retailers.

Often pistols branded WE Europe are quite a bit more expensive than regular WE guns (presumably sourced direct from the Far East).

The word is that the WE Europe guns have better quality control, but that might be a marketing story. Most guns sold in the UK are just WE branded.

Would you be prepared tp pay an extra 10 or 15 quid (sometimes more) for a gun branded WE Europe when you could get a cheaper WE? Do you think they are all likely to be much the same? I mean all the parts come from Taiwan after all.

I may be mistaken, but the only difference is the distributor; Nuprol distribute WE Europe, in Europe funnily enough, which SHOULD mean better localised support for regional power variations where needed and parts availability. I don't think there's much else different. But, I have been known to be wrong (just ask my exes)

• Mostly Retired Moderators
10 minutes ago, skintrade said:

I may be mistaken, but the only difference is the distributor; Nuprol distribute WE Europe, in Europe

I think that WE Europe was set up to make WE an established brand in Europe (as you'd imagine!).

Nuprol was born from this.

I imagine it's because the idea of importing cheap Chinese and Taiwanese Airsoft goods and repackaging them with a 80% mark up in price was simply too good an idea to reserve to just WE's guns.

Which is why Nuprol are the biggest rebrander of rubbish tat in the airsoft market.

23 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

Yes, I did. Can't be arsed with waiting and customs + easier to return and get support.

I probably haven't explained myself very well.

I'm not suggesting buying from the Far East. I'm talking about WE branding in UK shops.

For example I can buy a We Europe gun from one UK retailer, or the same model in a different coloured box branded WE only from a different retailer for sometimes 20 quid less.

Exactly the same guns made in exactly the same factory. The extra price goes to some moron in a headoffice in Europe who takes his cut for distribution 

Only 1 out of 4 WE glocks I own have carried the WE Europe branding even though all where bought from different UK stores.

It's only the box that's different, same parts, same material, same same.... The WE Taiwan version comes in a black glossy photoshop over the top box. The WE Europe version is just some effortless bland blank brown (coyote? :D ) box with a WE Europe sticker sealing it.

I reckon the UK shops with the lowest prices are importing them from the far east rather than the euro distributor. Well maybe...

Thanks for the replies. I share your feelings.

People buy WE because they are cheap and the later models are usually fairly reliable and can be easily improved. I wonder what the production costs are. If the Chinese can sell them at a fraction of the UK price and still make a decent profit, I'm guessing not very high.

Who cares about the 12 month warranty? If it breaks it's more sensible to upgrade parts than waste time and money sending it back.

In future the shop with the lowest prices will get my trade.

10 minutes ago, emilianoksa said:

In future the shop with the lowest prices will get my trade.

Not always the way, quality customer service and after sales support is as important, cheaper prices often cut corners somewhere. If it's a matter of a couple of quid, that's one thing, but sometimes paying more means you'll be happier longer. Just look at how many retailers this community says avoid!

Archived