How do I keep my UKARA number?

emilianoksa
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I got it through the Mill in Wigan (First and Only) after the three qualifying skirmishes last May, but have been unable to play since due to a broken hip.

However I am getting close to being able to play again, hopefully before Christmas.

But this got me wondering how UKARA membership is extended beyond a year. How many more games do I have to attend, and must they be with FAO since these are the letters that precede my number?

Is there some sort of system for recording the number of games attended?

How do I keep my number?

• Supporters

The farcical shitshow that is http://www.ukara.org.uk says nothing about expiring, renewal, or re-activation.

As far as I can see, it's entirely up to the site.  My local just requires one game per year to renew.  It's not clear what's supposed to happen if your registration lapses. One site might assume that you have to do 3+ games in 8+ weeks again,  another might assume that you've already done that, and they know your face, so feck it, here's your number.  Neither is right or wrong based on the limited information available.

One of the very few things that is clear is that http://www.ukara.org.uk/#site says "To register with UKARA as a game site you must follow these operating parameters: 7. Must not register players on behalf of other game sites."

So yes, you'll have to renew / reactivate at the Mill, or start over elsewhere.

From my understanding of my pals who have been at it longer, depending on the site you play one game in the year to keep it current. But as above its all dependent on what day of the week it is and if its a full moon. 

Most of my mates have started again at The Mall as that is where we were playing at most.

But you have your current, and you have bought your guns. So just find another (if you wish) site to play at and after three games ask them to sign you up. you don't need one to play, just to purchase a new RIF. Although good question about keeping the number. You may end up with a new one.

The site I attend use the waiver forms as a register of attendance to confirm the games attended by a player.

Previously my UKARA reg forms have been signed and dated on the reverse so you can see a record of games and dates until application is complete.

The FAO designation is site specific, you'd need to attend the same place to renew it. But you can have multiple numbers from multiple sites. I have one due to expire from an old site and my current one I'll continue with. Renewal is free where I've played and I don't know if the UKARA number stays the same upon renewal or if a reissue. My previous site was also free to renew, both charged an initial one-off £10 membership and registration with free renewal stated.

If you start somewhere new I'd say generally you have to start as new and obtain the new UKARA as per usual.

• Supporters
5 hours ago, emilianoksa said:

So if I attend say three or four more games (or even one) at the Mill before next May my number should just run on

Wait, you got your UKARA in May 2018?  Oh, thought you meant 2017.  Should be no problem, just get in another game before May 2019. 

My local site says they'll renew for another year for anyone who's played a game in the three months before their UKARA expires, so March-April-May(ish) 2019 in your case.  Actually, they say they'll "automatically renew" me, which I'd better verify, as that sounds a bit too good to be true. ;)

Archived