Real knives, folded for knife kills???

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

8 hours ago, Albiscuit said:

HUH???

• Rebounding BBs do not count as a hit unless you are in a building

Ricochets count??

Yeah I dont agree with that at all as there buildings/fortifications are made of stretched tarp so literally everything and anything bounces on that!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

What a peculiar rule.  A ricochet off a wooden tree doesn't kill you, but a ricochet off a wooden wall does?

Two problems with that:

1) Anything that requires you to stop and think after you've been hit is just going to cause confusion, overkill and acrimony.

2) It will encourage folk to hose down buildings in the hope of getting cheap ricochet kills, which will cause confusion, overkill and acrimony.

We're a simple folk, and we benefit from simple rules.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Rogerborg said:

What a peculiar rule.  A ricochet off a wooden tree doesn't kill you, but a ricochet off a wooden wall does?

Two problems with that:

1) Anything that requires you to stop and think after you've been hit is just going to cause confusion, overkill and acrimony.

2) It will encourage folk to hose down buildings in the hope of getting cheap ricochet kills, which will cause confusion, overkill and acrimony.

We're a simple folk, and we benefit from simple rules.

Item 1 can be taken both ways though, because if ricochets don't count then folk will sit and think "was that a ricochet", and the cheaters will do the same minus the thinking part.

However i do agree a ricochet shouldnt count, because of item 2, we dont need folk hosing down buildings.

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

we dont need folk hosing down buildings.

Unless its the fire brigade ;)  

• 3 weeks later...
  • Supporters

Bit of an update, SEO airsoft have posted up on their fb page that their ending their cqb games & selling off their hire kit, while they state they will still be running some milsims etc, can't help but think the debacle that prompted this thread has hit their popularity hard, I've also noticed updates recently where they've tried to muster more players to book with them, citing slow bookings etc ?

I guess you reap what you sow 😉

Wow, they went through a real shitstorm..

I always have a knife (proper full tang 4" fixed blade knife, I hate folders) on me when I play, for utility purposes, I never thought of using it for "knife kills" and will never do..

Using (real) folding blades for gameplay purposes is just retarded, for some reason the blade unfolds and you actually stab the opponent -> easy charge for assault or attempted homicide (is that the right name?), other than sending the poor soul to the hospital..

Can't comment on TAG rounds, never seen one in action but my local shop has a few for sale, they're extremely light and my guess is that they don't really hurt if hit by one..

About KM, only recently started watching his vids (out of boredom, most of my favorite YT airsoft channels switched to other stuff or quit airsoft)..

Feels like he's a good shot, although some clips are rather sketchy..

That face shot is dumb, why tf would you hurt someone just because he's cheating (was he?) when you can call a ref and let him sort the situation out...

• Supporters

I think his "logic" behind the face shot was the guy was already dead but doing the old "he's over there" to his teammates, and being an invisible sniper he didnt want to reveal his position by shouting for a marshall, so its perfectly justifiable to ping a 2.5j .48g round into his face.

7 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I think his "logic" behind the face shot was the guy was already dead but doing the old "he's over there" to his teammates, and being an invisible sniper he didnt want to reveal his position by shouting for a marshall, so its perfectly justifiable to ping a 2.5j .48g round into his face.

Well, if he did that to me his next video would have been "wheelchair invisible ghillie sniper"

• Supporters
7 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I think his "logic" behind the face shot was the guy was already dead but doing the old "he's over there" to his teammates

Impressive that he could hear what was being said from outside his 30m MED, on a windy day.

Has anyone seen the review/response video from Tim of The Heresy Group? He says he was fine with the folded knife kills. But then what do you expect from a guy that done a gearbox strip down video and said "don't lose these washery things" in reference to the shims. Oh, and let's not forget the promo vid for their training event in which they stumble over, fumble mags and bash their muzzles into everything.

• Supporters

yeah he does come across as a dick, a typical arrogant Walt "operator" at that, if he's fine with it then in must be ok 👌.

Not 😉

Concidereing SEO organised it and are now cancelling they're  cqb games why have we not heard anything from them. Either on here or on face book. As far as I'm concerned the heresy group put one side across and seem to be the only people to have adressed any issues, rightly or wrongly. I think by not putting out a statement of some sort they've kind of cooked they're own goose. 

• Supporters

thing is, heresy group, or at least the guy representing them, has a very strong opinion of the game in question, one which doesn't fault the SEO guys, nor is he prepared to accept any blame for nearly setting a vehicle alight, & feels its ok to target individual players with tag rounds,

BUT those are his opinions, & we all know what opinions are like 😉

Edit: Hold up, did I just give my opinion or did I admit to being an arsehole, I'm confused 😭

SEO are running a battlesim lite on the 25th at bush valley, but have already mooted that it may have to be cancelled if they don't get more bookings.......

15 hours ago, Skara said:

About KM, only recently started watching his vids (out of boredom, most of my favorite YT airsoft channels switched to other stuff or quit airsoft)..

Feels like he's a good shot, although some clips are rather sketchy..

That face shot is dumb, why tf would you hurt someone just because he's cheating (was he?) when you can call a ref and let him sort the situation out...

I watch his vids. I like his editing and the shots he takes. Some seem close. But I like the videos where people just walk by him.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

I watch his vids. I like his editing and the shots he takes. Some seem close. But I like the videos where people just walk by him.

Well, in that kind of vegetation with a decent ghillie and being completely immobile, it's quite hard to be spotted..

He keeps cool though, and I'll give him that. I'd probably jump out and scare the s*it out of my mates for the laughs :P or actually be nervous and do some mistake giving away my position..

5 hours ago, Tackle said:

SEO are running a battlesim lite on the 25th at bush valley, but have already mooted that it may have to be cancelled if they don't get more bookings.......

I believe they are doing things as invite only. I've been extended an invite to their next game...think I will likely decline.

I have nothing against the organisers.(I wasn't there) but considering the quagmire this has become you think they would say somthing After all its their set of rules as much as the fields. As for the Herasy group, I thought some of their  videos were a satire on airsoft, but alas it seems they were being serious. Also to much swearing on the analysis of what went wrong...my God I sound like my grand father!

• Supporters

yeah, I'm the same, sometimes I swear like a trooper, but that guys swearing aggressive attitude just comes across almost a bit childish, same way school kids swear or put on a patois accent, all cos they think it makes them look harder, innit doh blud.😏

on the rare occasion I look at an airsoft based review, I just want unbiased honest opinion, not that Walt bollocks. I bet heresy group are a right bunch of diva's if they play a site & get their arses handed to them😏

Archived