Real knives, folded for knife kills???

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

i'm struggling to get the taking a direct hit from a tag not hurting, from what i've seen of those impact exploding shells i wouldn't want to be hit by one.

although granted they are cool as heck and if used properly i don't see an issue, but used properly means in my book deliberately firing to miss and relying solely on the standard grenade rules.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Totally, shouldn’t be used for anything other than if needing to fix something etc. Can’t see why anyone carried a folding knife as i believe locking knives over 3” are illegal? Saying that if airsofters don’t know MED distances I can’t imagine they know much about inches either.

Game at longmoor I was at some guy next to me got hit while wearing a helmet and barely noticed other than the knock of it hitting 😂

im pretty sure people will be able to play the games more the fact problem people just wont be asked to come back I imagine  or just won’t go back

The ‘3” locking knife’ rule doesn’t exist and the ‘3” folding but not locking knife’ guidance only

If stopped by the police and they are not satisfied then they can act on any blade of any size, if you have got “good reason” then you can have pretty much any blade whether it’s locking or not

I have on a couple of occasions been stopped by the police (one occasion due to wandering the streets in the early hours with a carrier bag of tools and knives - that gets the attention of cctv operators and passing police cars) 

I also knew a guy who would be a dick drinking & driving, plus drinking & driving whilst banned for drinking & driving.  As a tree surgeon he carried an assortment of knives.  Whilst his van was searched once caught he was able to account for almost every blade.  They did him for a fruit knife in the glove box - he didn’t argue too much as he accepted he was a dick and deserved it

There was a game last year or the year before which ended with a guy floored by a boot in the chest.  This was due to an argument over sneaking behind enemy lines, but he pulled out a knife, then he was launched to the ground

Playing airsoft games is no good reason for use of a knife.   Pull a real knife on me and mild mannered polite Tom will disappear 

8 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

i'm struggling to get the taking a direct hit from a tag not hurting, from what i've seen of those impact exploding shells i wouldn't want to be hit by one.

although granted they are cool as heck and if used properly i don't see an issue, but used properly means in my book deliberately firing to miss and relying solely on the standard grenade rules.

5 minutes ago, Immortal said:

I would guess it's the difference of a TAG exploding on impact or rebounding. The former being the one that may hurt.

True wasn’t an impact it was a timed so only exploded when it hit the floor after hitting me but the object itself doesn’t actually hurt as they are made of some sort of polystyrene material (not quite sure what it is) there are videos of the makers being hit by them I believe and others testing for themselves. 

Personally I wouldn’t fire directly at anything I use them more as a lob shot over walls of a fob for example and still outside of MEDS, having said that i have seen some pretty stupid behaviour with them but luckily the game I played when that did happen they were told in no uncertain terms they would not be allowed back to any future event and lost the whole weekends money.

3 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

The ‘3” locking knife’ rule doesn’t exist and the ‘3” folding but not locking knife’ guidance only

If stopped by the police and they are not satisfied then they can act on any blade of any size, if you have got “good reason” then you can have pretty much any blade whether it’s locking or not

I have on a couple of occasions been stopped by the police (one occasion due to wandering the streets in the early hours with a carrier bag of tools and knives - that gets the attention of cctv operators and passing police cars) 

I also knew a guy who would be a dick drinking & driving, plus drinking & driving whilst banned for drinking & driving.  As a tree surgeon he carried an assortment of knives.  Whilst his van was searched once caught he was able to account for almost every blade.  They did him for a fruit knife in the glove box - he didn’t argue too much as he accepted he was a dick and deserved it

There was a game last year or the year before which ended with a guy floored by a boot in the chest.  This was due to an argument over sneaking behind enemy lines, but he pulled out a knife, then he was launched to the ground

Playing airsoft games is no good reason for use of a knife.   Pull a real knife on me and mild mannered polite Tom will disappear 

Cheers for clarifying, wasn’t sure on the law as I’ve heard mixed information even from police officers!

1 minute ago, clumpyedge said:

True wasn’t an impact it was a timed so only exploded when it hit the floor after hitting me but the object itself doesn’t actually hurt as they are made of some sort of polystyrene material (not quite sure what it is) there are videos of the makers being hit by them I believe and others testing for themselves 

My team mate got hit by one the other day and said the same thing. The TAG round itself didn't hurt. It just rebounded off him detonating on the floor.

Boody (cool) loud things so ear defendors are worth wearing when they're in play!

And the knife can’t lock. I carry one with me for work. lanskey world legal. 

I think the problem is milsim games require a good level of player and a mindset that everyone clearly doesn’t have. We have Battlesims at Anzio which are a watered down milsim/structured skirmish, and as elitist as it sounds, I don’t think rentals and new players should be allowed. They just do their own thing and whine that they’re not hosing people down. 

I hope so. I hate that a few dicks spoil it for everyone else

47 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

You can’t carry a fixed blade of any description, even a butter knife, without good reason, but a screwdriver is fine.

Folding knives have to be under 3”, but it’s not clear in legislation whether this applies to the entire blade or just the sharpened edge.

If a knife comes under the 3” legislation, it IS NOT classified as an offensive weapon. You can carry as many as you like, just like you can carry as many oranges as you like.

There are some restrictions, like football matches, concerts & shows, and schools, where you may not carry a blade of any description, but mostly in public you’re OK

However, as with ANY object, if you use it in an manner that could contravene the law, it becomes an offensive weapon. Otherwise, it’s up to the police to show that what you have on you is likely to be used in an illegal manner.

I carry a SAK, a friction folder and one other blade that varies depending upon where I am or what I am doing, and I have another multi-tool with a blade in the car.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, clumpyedge said:

True wasn’t an impact it was a timed so only exploded when it hit the floor after hitting me but the object itself doesn’t actually hurt as they are made of some sort of polystyrene material (not quite sure what it is) there are videos of the makers being hit by them I believe and others testing for themselves. 

Personally I wouldn’t fire directly at anything I use them more as a lob shot over walls of a fob for example and still outside of MEDS, having said that i have seen some pretty stupid behaviour with them but luckily the game I played when that did happen they were told in no uncertain terms they would not be allowed back to any future event and lost the whole weekends money.

The impact is the one that scares me, supposedly for firing into a room to detonate on the opposite wall, but it feels like a wrong place wrong time catastrophe waiting to happen, its instantaneous and i dread to think what it could do to someone with just glasses and no half mask.

However timed i dont have a problem with especially if as you say the impact force isnt that high (more distance will certainly help that).

I think the most valuable one is the smokes though, although maybe just because i have a terrible throwing arm.

Of course all that is predicated on the assumption the user is being sensible.

The impact isn’t that bad at all. If you’ve got your mums lycra on, it might, but airsoft gear it wouldn’t. It’s a type of high density foam. It’s akin to being hit by a tennis ball. 

These things are long range devices. You can’t aim them accurately at a person at a big distance. You shoot them at the person and they land in the general area at 100+m. If one hits you, is it really the end of the world?  If you’re headshotting people at 20m, then yeah, you’re a dick. If you launched it 100m and it happened to hit you, take your hit and don’t be a bitch. 

The same with the throwing pyro. While I don’t personally see an issue with lobbing a pyro at a vehicle. You throw a stick that weighs a few grams, it’s gonna go where the hell it feels like. 

9 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

The impact is the one that scares me, supposedly for firing into a room to detonate on the opposite wall, but it feels like a wrong place wrong time catastrophe waiting to happen, its instantaneous and i dread to think what it could do to someone with just glasses and no half mask.

However timed i dont have a problem with especially if as you say the impact force isnt that high (more distance will certainly help that).

I think the most valuable one is the smokes though, although maybe just because i have a terrible throwing arm.

Of course all that is predicated on the assumption the user is being sensible.

Ive lobbed timed ones into rooms on the other side of the road from the the fob at longmoor and worked fine and also had no issues.

the bang is fairly loud but having sat next to the blank firing mortar at a legion game and various other pyrotechnics over the years as well as working in a music venue most of my teenage years/early 20s my ears are shot to shit anyway 😂

I thought the smokes were absolute shit!! My go to rounds are the 3/4 second delay ones and that’s all I use 

8 hours ago, Immortal said:

Pea grenades, they're brilliant fun to chuck about (sorry derailing.... done it anyway :D)

Back to shanking...

My go to are thermos - love the thud, flash and puff of smoke 😁😁😁

• Supporters

Direct hits from impact tags DO NOT HURT, it's a shock for sure, but the 'charge' inside is tiny and the projectile itself weighs bugger all.  I've been hit directly a number of times, and I'd take a TAG to the chest over a BB to the inner thigh any day of the week.  

Likewise, if you're wearing just glasses in a game in which TAG rounds are available that is YOUR risk to take, full face is always available to everyone.  

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Wo1f said:

tl;dw - summary:

"Nobody said nothing about not using real knives for knife kills at the time, so nobody can say nothing about it now.

Yeah I was told not to put pyro at or near vehicles.  I was told it twice.  And I didn't throw pyro AT a vehicle.  I threw it at people who were standing right BEHIND a vehicle.  I did it twice.  How could I know that pyro aimed right behind a vehicle could hit that vehicle?  Nobody could know that.  It's not my fault.  It's not my fault the driver thought it was safe to have the window open just because everyone was told not to put pyro near the vehicles, twice. It's not my fault they thought it was safe to have gear in the vehicle just because everyone was told not to put pyro near the vehicles, twice.  Nothing's my fault.  It just is what it is." 

And then the usual logical fallacy about how the things he didn't see happening didn't happen because the things he did he see happening didn't happen the same way as the things that he didn't see happening.

Having seen that, uh, defence[*] of what happened, I'm even more glad that I wasn't there.

[*] Or viewed another way, an admission of informed culpability.

• Supporters

I watched it & thought the same, their behind hard cover that can't be targeted with pyro, just move on ffs, its just a ducking game, but oh no, this dicks such a hard core "operator" that he's got to complete the "mission", even if it means breaking the clearly defined rules.

Ironically this attitude & behaviour is what's spoiling airsoft, dicks like this who quite literally believe the lines between airsoft & real life have become blurred, they genuinely believe they are akin to "operators", forgetting that its a game with rules for a reason, on the airsoft field we're all just civilians playing at it, irrespective of whether our day jobs are related in any way to the services, or more likely to be mundane run of the mill jobs.

Funnily enough the O in SEO actually stands for Operators, I rest my case😉

12 hours ago, jcheeseright said:

Direct hits from impact tags DO NOT HURT, it's a shock for sure, but the 'charge' inside is tiny and the projectile itself weighs bugger all.  I've been hit directly a number of times, and I'd take a TAG to the chest over a BB to the inner thigh any day of the week.  

Likewise, if you're wearing just glasses in a game in which TAG rounds are available that is YOUR risk to take, full face is always available to everyone.  

Less than one gram if I remember rightly 

• Supporters
5 hours ago, E21A said:

Less than one gram if I remember rightly 

1g is more than twice as much as a 9mm round, so it's not a measurement worth comparison.

i've seen them go off in close proximity, and i wouldn't like it to be any closer than that.

this is one of the fundamental problems of airsoft, we all draw our lines in different places, if an impact tag went off beside me i'd call it and move on, if a timed one hit me from distance and went off at my feet i'd also just dander off to spawn, but if one exploded on my face then it'd be a different story.

Where do we draw the line on this...

players on the day say say they were dead and waiting on their bleed out, Bailey says they were dead men talking about where he is and also the objectives...

not the the first time he’s been accused of things like this but to post proof and then say the guy deserved it is a bit mental

I saw this on face book and I got to say the comments I read were incredibly shity. Ok. He's done something wrong but why shoot him in the face? Shoot him in the arm or upper thigh what ever. As for the SEO game, where were the marshalls or have I missed something?

Kicking moron is right up there on the Airsoft wankers list. If he’d have shot him on the body I’d have let it slide, but it’s not his job to deal out his own brand of ‘justice’ to stop someone allegedly cheating. He’s very lucky he didn’t do that to somebody who took more of an acception to it. 

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

1g is more than twice as much as a 9mm round, so it's not a measurement worth comparison.

i've seen them go off in close proximity, and i wouldn't like it to be any closer than that.

No it isn't, the powder in a bullet is a lot more powerful than the low grade firework snap in a tag round. 

I HAVE been hit by an impact TAG, it's less painful than being hit by a BB. The round itself is huge and weighs next to nothing, the charge that makes it go bang is tiny. 

*** Edited for my bad maths 

Guest Lord Elpus

Just watched the vid of the guy being shot in the face, as old as I am, if that guy did that to me, he would be wearing his gun as an anal probe!

• Supporters
13 hours ago, clumpyedge said:

but to post proof and then say the guy deserved it is a bit mental

Only if there are negative consequences for him.  As it stands, it's just more grist to his persona mill.

Until some of these 'celebs' are banned from sites, publicly and loudly, there is no downside to them escalating their antics.

KM likes to humiliate and deliver his own punishment to cheating players. It's ironic as KM cheats too...

A: He runs out of bounds to get to spots you couldn't get to if you followed the site rules.

B: He frequently ignores the MED or has no idea how to judge it (most likely the former).

C: He cuts all the footage that shows him getting gangbanged to keep the impression of an untouchable invisible ninja compost.

D: And a very low point: Spawn Killing. I mean what's the point. That ruins it for both teams simultaneously ontop of unsporting behavior.

It's a shame really as he does have skills and they are over shadowed by his negative style of play.

Archived