Real knives, folded for knife kills???

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Never mind the utter idiocy of this, its also illegal.  A folding knife with a locking blade is an offensive weapon per se.  Unless you have a good reason for having it on you, such as being a gamekeeper or perhaps going fishing then you have zero reason to carry it and can legitimately be lifted.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

i'm generally ok with tools, gerbers and leathermans etc going on the field, mainly because i've had plenty of times myself where you need to do a bit of ad-hoc tinkering in game.

however using them as valid game items? **** no, if you can afford a nice folding knife you can afford a £5 rubber knife, no excuses.

it's like last week a guy was bailing round a cqb site with a 40rps firehawk in full auto, apparently "his semi auto doesn't work", well as far as i'm concerned you can:

a. not use it

b. fix it you cheap ****

c. use another gun, he had several including pistols

d. use it on me and find out what happens.

• Supporters
16 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

it's like last week a guy was bailing round a cqb site with a 40rps firehawk in full auto

th.jpg

• Supporters

Little update, SEO updated on fb with a short debrief, not actually blaming anybody in particular for the clusterfuck, & only slightly "owning" the responsibility for it, point of note is they're now pondering their future running public games ?, instead they may change to "invite only".

On a personal note, SEO are Kent based (as am I), & while I've not played their sites, I sincerely hope this poor show & the understandable negative publicity its now generating doesn't force them to close the doors, hopefully it will push them to address the issues & come back fighting, so to speak.

Just now, Tackle said:

Little update, SEO updated on fb with a short debrief, not actually blaming anybody in particular for the clusterfuck, & only slightly "owning" the responsibility for it, point of note is they're now pondering their future running public games ?, instead they may change to "invite only".

On a personal note, SEO are Kent based (as am I), & while I've not played their sites, I sincerely hope this poor show & the understandable negative publicity its now generating doesn't force them to close the doors, hopefully it will push them to address the issues & come back fighting, so to speak.

Even invite only I wouldn't take to the field of real knives are allowed for pew pew fun times, as I said before it only takes one mistake to make a mess

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, skintrade said:

Even invite only I wouldn't take to the field of real knives are allowed for pew pew fun times, as I said before it only takes one mistake to make a mess

Lol, Obviously that's one of the "issues" that needs addressing, as well as the "not chrono'ing because its big boys rules so we should be able to trust players not to field hot guns", that's a total crock, highlighted by the apparent massive lack of hit taking that occurred.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Tackle said:

Lol, Obviously that's one of the "issues" that needs addressing, as well as the "not chrono'ing because its big boys rules so we should be able to trust players not to field hot guns", that's a total crock, highlighted by the apparent massive lack of hit taking that occurred.

Wait what?

No chrono, real knives, rampant cheating and they think that's gonna end well?

Wonder if their public liability insurance is up to snuff I doubt that it covers for someone getting a real knife in the eye at the hands of a player IN A F'ING GAME

So from reading their post and the defence for allowing knives... you might need to cut through brambles.

Now forgive me if I’m wrong but Kent is hardly the hard jungle of fucking Borneo!

Supposedly a few Airsoft celebs have been accused of purposefully firing tag rounds at people (and social media kind of suggests that true from their account posts, gloating at people crying over tags use and other things) and at cars as well throwing a nade in an in game vehicle (shooting or throwing pyro at vehicles was supposedly forbidden) and setting fire to the guy insides stuff and supposedly his trousers?

Sounds like the organisers didn’t have a good grasp on players or how to lay down the law/run a proper game and from what I’ve read so far pretty much allowed stuff like this to continue.

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, Uzzy1 said:

Folded knives are nothing see the thread re Czech Policeman

That reminds me of a group of Eastern European players yesterday who spent every briefing, from safety to game briefs, standing way off at the back and yakking to each other, despite being told repeatedly to move in, shut up and listen.

To be clear, I had no problems with their pewing, which was fair and friendly, but they cannot possibly have been cognisant of what was expected of them.

Which is an issue that any realistic risk assessment should take into account.  Just publishing or declaring rules and then assuming that everyone can and has read/listened, understood and agreed to follow them is wildly optimistic.  That counts double at a big milsim, which is likely to attract players who are not familiar with the site or the rules in play.

Murphy's Law is an actual thing.  If you want to find out how badly things will go wrong, all you need to do is to create a situation where they can go wrong.

The above pisses me off at games. Regulars should know better and be quiet and its usually the large group of twats joking or fecking about that end up casing grief in the game!!

• Supporters

It's a double whammy, because it demonstrates that they have no interest in the site/event/game rules, and no respect for the site owner or the marshal team, meaning that their reaction when pulled up is likely to be less than compliant.

I wouldn't wish a marshal's job on my worst enemy (well, maybe my worst enemy), but it's a general truism that the earlier you intervene, the more successful it's likely to be.  In the event being discussed here, it sounds rather like they started badly, then there was an escalating pattern of shenanigans that was shrugged off rather than being nipped in the bud.  Poor show all round, sad times. :(

3 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

It's a double whammy, because it demonstrates that they have no interest in the site/event/game rules, and no respect for the site owner or the marshal team, meaning that their reaction when pulled up is likely to be less than compliant.

I wouldn't wish a marshal's job on my worst enemy (well, maybe my worst enemy), but it's a general truism that the earlier you intervene, the more successful it's likely to be.  In the event being discussed here, it sounds rather like they started badly, then there was an escalating pattern of shenanigans that was shrugged off rather than being nipped in the bud.  Poor show all round, sad times. :(

We wont start a brief until every one is quiet. If people keep talking we just stand in silence and wait... not in the habit of baby sitting people, generally that sets the standard when every other player that can be quiet is looking at you to shut your trap 😂😂

Besides the knife thing which I standby was a stupid fucking move... sounds like a load of noobs and speedsofters went to the event and didn’t like it 

22 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

Besides the knife thing which I standby was a stupid fucking move... sounds like a load of noobs and speedsofters went to the event and didn’t like it 

Agreed, although personally if someone has a multi tool that doesn’t bother me but knives no way.

I’ve played on games where majority of teams have at least two or three guys running tags. Been hit by one and it was outside of the MED yeah it was a bit of a shock, did it hurt..fuck no. On the other hand I’ve been hit inside of a MED not sure how close it actually was as I was facing away and even then it hurt way less than being hit by a sniper (of which I’ll admit I’ve been put on my arse after taking a forehead shot 😂)

Im glad there’s been a bit more transparency from both the organisers and players, one thing I don’t agree with though is acting like a bellend on both parts, if you’re salty about something have a chat with people and leave the attitudes at home. I had a (somewhat) strong word with one person at a different game who attended this event over something I didn’t agree with and managed not to turn it into a slagging match and we both walked away having a laugh with each other so I fail to see why this has exploded like it has but then I guess maybe as others have said the clientele didn’t really get what the game/scenario was about.

30 minutes ago, clumpyedge said:

Agreed, although personally if someone has a multi tool that doesn’t bother me but knives no way.

I’ve played on games where majority of teams have at least two or three guys running tags. Been hit by one and it was outside of the MED yeah it was a bit of a shock, did it hurt..fuck no. On the other hand I’ve been hit inside of a MED not sure how close it actually was as I was facing away and even then it hurt way less than being hit by a sniper (of which I’ll admit I’ve been put on my arse after taking a forehead shot 😂)

Im glad there’s been a bit more transparency from both the organisers and players, one thing I don’t agree with though is acting like a bellend on both parts, if you’re salty about something have a chat with people and leave the attitudes at home. I had a (somewhat) strong word with one person at a different game who attended this event over something I didn’t agree with and managed not to turn it into a slagging match and we both walked away having a laugh with each other so I fail to see why this has exploded like it has but then I guess maybe as others have said the clientele didn’t really get what the game/scenario was about.

I’ve no problem with multi tools or even knives carried on you. I’ve always got a multi tool or Hex key set on me. My issue is using it (folded or otherwise) as a weapon. 

TAG’s are awesome. I’m there to get shot. As long as it doesn’t do any permanent damage, which a tag doesn’t, I’m game. 

Its a shame because now that that game is invite only, so I couldn’t try it. Few cry babies ruin it for everyone. 

OK confused noob here, what's a TAG?

Edit nevermind Google is my friend today, they certainly look fun 😀

40 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I’ve no problem with multi tools or even knives carried on you. I’ve always got a multi tool or Hex key set on me. My issue is using it (folded or otherwise) as a weapon. 

TAG’s are awesome. I’m there to get shot. As long as it doesn’t do any permanent damage, which a tag doesn’t, I’m game. 

Its a shame because now that that game is invite only, so I couldn’t try it. Few cry babies ruin it for everyone. 

Totally, shouldn’t be used for anything other than if needing to fix something etc. Can’t see why anyone carried a folding knife as i believe locking knives over 3” are illegal? Saying that if airsofters don’t know MED distances I can’t imagine they know much about inches either.

Game at longmoor I was at some guy next to me got hit while wearing a helmet and barely noticed other than the knock of it hitting 😂

im pretty sure people will be able to play the games more the fact problem people just wont be asked to come back I imagine  or just won’t go back

Archived