Real knives, folded for knife kills???

sonofsammo
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I came across a post on FB:  https://tinyurl.com/y9nmwr37

Now I can't comment on whether the facts are correct or not - but one thing stood out as being a little off.
You can use a real knife (folded) to get a knife kill.
Now imho, if that was discussed in a safety briefing, I would be saying something along the lines of this:
ARE YOU EFFING MENTAL?????????
On what planet is letting people use real blades a good idea?
Rubber knives that bend 90 degrees? Sure. 
Solid folded knife with no give in it? Nope.
Solid folded knife that could actually be used to kill/maim someone - Fuck no.
People do stupid things hyped on adrenaline and the presence of real blades on the playing field just seems a little stupid, if it's true.
Surely it can't be?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Supporters

All my sites have a strict policy on no weapons on the land, let alone whilst playing. I don't even know whether this is legal. I mean you're basically sticking a knife up against a stranger - folded or not. 

I would never go back to a site if I witnessed such a thing allowed. 

That is fuckwittery on another level. 

• Supporters

Yeah I saw this last night too, SEO Airsoft game that was slated for numerous reasons, with many players leaving early, total clusterfuck.

Most sites won't allow players to even have a folded knife on their person, never mind allowing its use in game, which is ludicrous as nobody knows the mind set of those around them.

Personally, if I was a site operator I'd say if you haven't got a suitable rubber implement, then then the usual rubber chicken etc would suffice, or maybe sell bananas in the safe zone, you can use 'em for stabby stabby & eat them if you run out of energy😉

#BANANASFTW

• Head Moderator

That does sound mental, there is no way that a real knife should be at airsoft.

Some sites will not allow the use of Cold Steel training knives because they are too ridged and will not flex enough unlike a LARP bendy / soft knife. 

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, Jedi_Master said:

Some sites will not allow the use of Cold Steel training knives because they are too ridged and will not flex enough unlike a LARP bendy / soft knife. 

Yeah, bought my lad a CS Tomahawk, he clumped me with it, duck me that hurt😭

I am sure that both my usual sites expressly forbid any tools to be carried out into the site, be it Leatherman, screwdriver or pen knife. 

To get out a folded knife and tag them with it just sounds ridiculous. Utterly, utterly ridiculous. 

That's only ever going to end badly. Love the Banana idea , I mean bananas are the work of the evil one , almost as bad as avocado , but I can think of a couple of players at our site who would do their nut if you 'killed' them with a banana  😈. mmm, avocado grenade anyone ?

1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

I came across a post on FB:  https://tinyurl.com/y9nmwr37

Now I can't comment on whether the facts are correct or not - but one thing stood out as being a little off.
You can use a real knife (folded) to get a knife kill.
Now imho, if that was discussed in a safety briefing, I would be saying something along the lines of this:
ARE YOU EFFING MENTAL?????????
On what planet is letting people use real blades a good idea?
Rubber knives that bend 90 degrees? Sure. 
Solid folded knife with no give in it? Nope.
Solid folded knife that could actually be used to kill/maim someone - Fuck no.
People do stupid things hyped on adrenaline and the presence of real blades on the playing field just seems a little stupid, if it's true.
Surely it can't be?

That right there is not just unsafe, it is very illegal under S139 of the Criminal Justice Act. 

• Supporters

Unbelievable ! no other words for it .

At my home site all bladed training weapons (knives/axes/swords/etc)are allowed in game wether ridged or flexible BUT rule one , you can only touch the other player with it , but most definitely no stabby stabby “ yous dead bro !” The one caveat is if it’s a soft flexible LARP weapon then you can under arm it at your target (but not with any force)all other weapons you must physically touch them with it whilst still holding it . 

No live blades on the field of ANY sort , last game I was at I asked the head marshal (who I consider a very good friend) if I could have a strap cutter on my rig , it was one of the type where you’ve got a razor blade inside a channel so realistically only thing you could cut would be your own finger after sticking it in it !😳 as at the previous game day I’d taken a dive in to the brambles and had a hell of a job getting out ! 🤦‍♂️ So I thought “one of those’ll be perfect ! you can’t cut anyone else with it but I can still cut the ‘organic barbwire!” So one of those should be ok”

His reply ? Nope not allowed , as he said “rule says no live blades of any sort so sorry bud can’t allow it” 

i can happily live with that .👍

Seriously? I wouldn't trust someone I don't know with a real blade around me in a game environment. It only takes someone trying to be funny in front of their mates to fuck up and really do some damage. If you can afford a folder or bladed tool, you can afford a rubber knife.what next, fielding real steel for 'bang' kills?

• Supporters

Just thought about another negative that’s now been created by this situation , can you imagine how unbearable the geardo’s with there ‘real steel’ gear will be ? It’ll be horrible they’ll be stomping around safezones all over the country telling everyone who’s not even vaguely interested about how there Crye what ever plate carrier that can stop a 40mm shell fron 3miles away will totally stop any knife kills ! 🤦‍♂️😫😫😫

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Nick G said:

I can think of a couple of players at our site who would do their nut if you 'killed' them with a banana  😈. mmm, avocado grenade anyone ?

I can see the whole "fruit revolution" going viral lol, drive by fruiting anyone ? 😜

the only reason to have any sort of real blade on the field is if it's attached to a multi-tool!!!

5 minutes ago, Hamisakim said:

the only reason to have any sort of real blade on the field is if it's attached to a multi-tool!!!

Even then for most days or events you can keep it in safe zones, very rare to be needed on the spot. I carry a multi tool in my gear, for making mods to load outs etc (I carry one as part of my EDC anyway), but carrying onto a field for the average day of pew pew so far hasn't been needed.

Yeah sure, let's allow real steel weapons and live ammo while we're at it 🤨🤔

Some people never cease to amaze me

No way Jose.

Should we be bringing teargas slugs for our 40mm launchers?

Taking the safety aspect out of it for a moment.. what sort of nutcase would ask to be allowed to use a folded real knife. It’s almost like they want to live out a fantasy. The fact you’d rather use a folded real one over a realistic looking bendy one tells me they want to feel the metal in their hands. 

Totally outrageous and 100% illegal. People can’t be running around pretending to stab someone with a real knife, folded or not. That’s going to end up with them getting locked up. On top of that I’d assume the sites insurers would have something to say about it. They’d probably be looking at losing their liability insurance.

Archived