Tm hi capa and maple leaf bucking - Help

rocky
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all, have a Tm hi capa 5.1 here and due to age wanted to renew some parts.

I have got myself a Maple leaf deception 75 deg hop rubber as was told would give me better accuracy and am getting a problem shooting.

Using .28g it is curving off to the left increasing the hop a lot it still curves off to the left and reducing does the same, it is not a massive about 1 meter off over 15 meters.
it is curving off and its not sights not set correctly ;) 

I have uploaded a photo of the maple leaf and stock Tm rubber, one of my concerns is the location nub on the side isn't the same distance from where it locates on the barrel, you can see in the photo they are different.

the Tm one will drop into the hop up base on barrel and locate on barrel and hop up rubber with no pressure, the maple leaf one needs me to pull the barrel a touch to get it to side in the groove on the barrel to hopup base.
having to put pressure one the maple leaf to get it to fit will this not distort it ? or am i being too picky ?

I have a gunsmith bros hop up arm to eliminate (try to) any uneven pressure, the maple leaf rubber being a lot harder rubber more pressure needed ?

Question - Anyone else using the same maple leaf rubber with good results ?  or recommend a hop up rubber they use for .28g + bbs ?

At the moment this old stock Tm hop up rubber is a lot more accurate that the maple leaf for me 

Thanks

20181013_162526.jpg

• Supporters

when you install the hop in the hop unit, turn the hop on and have a look down the barrel, you should see the rubber poking through, then just twist the barrel slightly to get it so the hop is perfectly even in the top of the barrel so it's vertical.

you may also find the hop arm is bent/bending pushing down one side more than the other, you'll need to bend it a bit more towards whichever side it's deficient in to balance it out.

this applies to pretty much any hop, if the hop isn't aligned right in the barrel it'll curve off to one side or the other.

Sometimes you just need to take a couple mm from the locating tab on the side of the bucking. What Adolf hamster said has worked for me lots of times too. Are you using a I key with the hop arm?

also, 75 sounds much too stiff for a pistol. I’ve always put 50-60degree in a pistol

Wo1f - cheers, my next thought was to take some off the locating tab just so it sits "nice"  
Stick with maple leaf but go softer 50-60 ?   
Not using an I key also i think that is next on the list

Adolf hamster - will give twisting the barrel slightly a go :) 
hop arm looks ok just seems as tho is has todo so much to apply pressure to the rubber as its hard

cheers guys

52 minutes ago, rocky said:

Wo1f - cheers, my next thought was to take some off the locating tab just so it sits "nice"  
Stick with maple leaf but go softer 50-60 ?   
Not using an I key also i think that is next on the list

Adolf hamster - will give twisting the barrel slightly a go :) 
hop arm looks ok just seems as tho is has todo so much to apply pressure to the rubber as its hard

cheers guys

I’ve done it a few times in pistols and GBBR’s with success. 

The I key may spread the load across the hop arm better, which may fix the problem along side a softer bucking. 75degree is something I’d only put in a sniper. 

17 minutes ago, Wo1f said:

I’ve done it a few times in pistols and GBBR’s with success. 

The I key may spread the load across the hop arm better, which may fix the problem along side a softer bucking. 75degree is something I’d only put in a sniper. 

Cheers it does sound like the way to go,

I was advised for that hop up rubber by elite shooting, after I said I was after accuracy over range, just seems a little ott now, they seem to have a really good reputation so didn't question what I got more of how it's fitting 

Cheers for the help

UPDATE -

Well brought myself a 60 deg autobot rubber and a maple leaf I key and what a difference,

Have the hop up barly turned on and hops. 28g easy  mega consistent 

Trimmed the location tab on the rubber just a bit so it was a nice fit,

:)

Thanks for updating. Will help anybody in the future if they have this issue. 👍

Personally I was astonished about how much the I-Key and a Maple leaf 50 degree bucking changed my TM Strike Warrior. So much more hop and can easily lift 30's with plenty of extra hop available if needed. 

Archived