New member, new to Airsoft and new to my area

RumbleSplitskins
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So anyway, thanks to my previous first love (it's ok my dog knows and she's fine about it) which was biking, not to be confused with bicycling and never to be called motorcycling, so anyway thanks to biking I have a paralysed arm, the left one, I was ampidexstrous but I lost that ability in the same accident. I also lost my spleen and my left lung is paralysed.

So, I can obviously manage a pistol as long as I have plenty of magazines, and I could use a sniper rifle with a bipod, lying prone but semi auto is going to be preferable to bolt action I would think and I would need a light SMG like a Mach 10 or an Uzi for protection in case my sniper position was discovered. I have done a lot of live firing in my life both rifles and pistols so I know how to shoot and used to be good, before the accident, which was in 2004. Haven't touched anything since, outside of my Xbox one. Any advice on suitable equipt and any mods I could use would be most welcome and gratefully received!

Hello & Welcome.

Do you have any airsoft shops nearby? Given your description it may be best to go to a shop and try a few different models to see what you can handle comfortably. I'd think the weight of RIF maybe a deciding factor.

Similar consideration for a sniper rifle, some have a very hard to pull bolt whilst others do not. My friend and I both have sniper rifles and they run the same FPS however I can cock mine with ease (one handed) whereas I can't cock his rifle with two hands! Or you could consider a DMR styled rifle which may require no cocking at all. Some of it depends how it's powered; spinger, electric or gas.

If you want a small assault rifle you can wield one handed then consider a G&G firehawk or a G&G ARP. Both are small, light and accurate RIFs. FIt a drum mag and you'll have 1500 rounds to use before reloading!

If you want a machine pistol the G18 is easier to load one handed than an M11 (smaller mach10).

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Immortal said:

Do you have any airsoft shops nearby? Given your description it may be best to go to a shop and try a few different models to see what you can handle comfortably. I'd think the weight of RIF maybe a deciding factor.

If you want a small assault rifle you can wield one handed then consider a G&G firehawk or a G&G ARP. Both are small, light and accurate RIFs. FIt a drum mag and you'll have 1500 rounds to use before reloading!

This 100%. Turned my brothers firehawk into a ROF machine, I can easily wield it one handed, and it can fire 30RPS down range to 60Mish without getting warm or tiresome. 

If if you do find a touch heavy, a nicely placed sling can give you that added support. 

I will mention, when you go to a site, speak to the marshalls and explain your situation, just so you don’t get accused of blind fire etc.

• Supporters

Another vote for something like a firehawk, chuck an electric drum on there and that's 2500 rounds of hurt with just a trigger pull, and range wise it's not as outclassed outdoors as you'd think.

Sniper wise maybe dmr is the better route, although something like an sr25/dragonuv etc is probably gonna be a pain to carry after a while. However one possibility is to do the sniper pistol, a modified pistol with a longer barrel can be made to have some serious range and fps to the level it'll need a minimum engagement distance.

we're stuck at 1j here but i do take pleasure in occasionally taking the sig/hicapa out and ruining the preconceptions of the sniper brigade (its great, people just ignore you because you have a pistol and they think you cant hit them)

Archived