Vietnam era M16

Geap
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

A metal A1 is the most realistic looking.  G&P make one.  There are others as well, if you google.

Cheers

G

I got THIS Classic Army M16A1 which they call the M15A1

Seems nicely put together and shoots OK in the garden.  High rate of fire in auto.

Not had a chance to test in game yet.

I like my stuff to look 'used' so gave it a vintage look... (still needs a bit of polishing on the furniture)

(Yes, the sling is wrong)

1.jpg

2.jpg

Re externals.  I own both the Classic Army M16 (M15) mentioned above and a G&P M16a1.  Firesupport have both the G&P M16a1 and M16vn in stock (I believe, no forward assist and slab sided receiver, plus 3 prong muzzle flash).  Both are correct for Vietnam period.  Unfortunately I don’t think the G&P’s sold at firesupport have Colt trademarks (which are available in Asia).  Note the G&P will accept a real steel forward grip (repos are available from Brownells).  With Colt trades and a RS handguard the G&P is very nice (the plastic handguard it comes stock with is not great).  

The furniture on the classic army M16 is better, though overall I prefer the G&P with Colt trades.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, Firstcast said:

Firesupport have both the G&P M16a1 and M16vn in stock

Random rant: a £300 gun sold to a target market that will be very particular about specific details, and they provide one (1) picture of it,  from the wrong side to show the forward assist or lack thereof, and approximately the size of an ant's lung.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-m16vn-airsoft-gun-aeg

GP-AEG-GP289b.jpg

Airsoft retailers. 🙄

• 4 weeks later...

Edcase

Yes looks the business from those pictures and it was a sweet piece of kit in its day but you failed to mention when asked something, sorry forgot where I was, you failed to mention who manufactured it and where you bought it

Also the sling may not be GI or OE but it certainly adds to that 'Nam' look!

In the end though, does it really matter if it doesn't show those bits on the actual assault rifle, that the Airsoft version doesn't need like the rear antennae mounting gusset which I noticed is also missing, but whilst it means you will not be able to mount an antenae gusset to the rear of the stock, it should in no way spoil your enjoyment of this very nice well put together Airsoft semi-automatic rifle. Stop worrying about shit that doesn't matter and just enjoy your Airsoft guns for what they are.

Remember this, anyone who tells you that the way something looks is more important that what it does, how it does it or how well it does it; is just a sad wannabe who has no true concept of the value of anything. So, do yourself a favour, stop listening to or reading what silly olds (begins with c and rhymes with punts) like me say or write and just get on with your life at your own pace be grateful for what you have don't worry about what others have even if it's more bigger or better than what you think you have. 

Hia,

Link to it is in my post.

Thanks for the wise words but rest assured I'm not bothered about what other people think of my stuff.

The sling comment was an in-joke with the jokers on the forum

• Supporters
On 16/10/2018 at 09:46, Rogerborg said:

Random rant: a £300 gun sold to a target market that will be very particular about specific details, and they provide one (1) picture of it,  from the wrong side to show the forward assist or lack thereof, and approximately the size of an ant's lung.

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/gp-m16vn-airsoft-gun-aeg

GP-AEG-GP289b.jpg

Airsoft retailers. 🙄

Yup when it comes to customer information fire support are quite frankly (notice the pun ?🤦‍♂️) one of THE worst going ! 😡

Archived