More KSG woes. 6 shot issues?

Asomodai
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey gents. 

Some of you may have seen me in the mall struggling with multiple jams with my brand new KSG. Those are pretty much sorted now but I have been doing some testing today and things doesn't seem quite right. 

I am having trouble with 6 shot mode with shells and the DTD M4 mag adapter. I understand that KSG's can be weak firing in 6 shot but just wondering if its a design flaw or that something is wrong with my particular one.

Using shells (Cyma, TM and Nuprol, no difference between them) I tend to get 4x6 shots and 1x5 and 1x1 shot.

I also have a DTD M4 Mag adapter and I get a maximum of 4 BBs per pump regardless of mag or bb type. Is there something wrong with my DTD, design flaw of the KSG or something wrong with my KSG?

Is there anything I can do to fix this? Should I try and exchange for another or do they all do it?

Cheers!

• Supporters

Sounds like a fault with the gun to me , I run TM and a mix of Chinese ‘clone’ shells in mine with no problems at all (admittedly I only run it on 3rd to get a bit more ‘umph’ out of it) but when I have run it on 6rds again no probs . 🤔

I recon that crime against all that’s good that is the M4 mag adapter 🤮

has infected it with something ! 🤧

On ‎10‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 23:36, Druid799 said:

Sounds like a fault with the gun to me , I run TM and a mix of Chinese ‘clone’ shells in mine with no problems at all (admittedly I only run it on 3rd to get a bit more ‘umph’ out of it) but when I have run it on 6rds again no probs . 🤔

I recon that crime against all that’s good that is the M4 mag adapter 🤮

has infected it with something ! 🤧

I took the KSG back to the shop. One of the guys tried it out with new TM shells and had no issues. Couldn't believe it, went back home with two new TM shells my old one and my Cyma ones. Shot perfectly with no dropped shots on 6 mode. I think the KSG god is toying me! I couldn't get a clean shell the night before with two hours of trying. 

Also, I might be doing a couple of guest reviews of some Bristol sites later on in the year. I was born and raised there until I left 6-7 years ago (Downend area). Was going to check out the fire station (As I used to play laser quest and played a couple of gigs there way back when) and then Black Ops Cribbs. 

• Supporters
10 hours ago, Asomodai said:

I took the KSG back to the shop. One of the guys tried it out with new TM shells and had no issues. Couldn't believe it, went back home with two new TM shells my old one and my Cyma ones. Shot perfectly with no dropped shots on 6 mode. I think the KSG god is toying me! I couldn't get a clean shell the night before with two hours of trying. 

Also, I might be doing a couple of guest reviews of some Bristol sites later on in the year. I was born and raised there until I left 6-7 years ago (Downend area). Was going to check out the fire station (As I used to play laser quest and played a couple of gigs there way back when) and then Black Ops Cribbs. 

Ain’t that the truth ! 🤦‍♂️

Coolio about trip to B’stol , post the dates when your going and I’ll make sure I’m there .👍

PS give a couple of wks notice , my off duty is done wks ahead ! 😢

I tried the DTD adapter with some known high speed mags and still only getting 5 shot. DTD are sorting me out with a polished Mag Adapter for me to try! Kudos to them!

Archived