Fat head Helmet

Gimli
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guys,

I'd really like to get a fast helmet, they make life much easier than wearing a cap during a game, but i need one that will guarantee fitting my 62cm bonce

Any suggestions where to look or specific items?

Please save my poor fat head!

If you buy genuine ops-core, an XL should fit, that's if a FAST bumper is really what you want.

Look at Emerson and FMA as well, they're all cut slightly differently, so you will need to try on to find perfect fits.

Other option: Grab a cheaper lid that is almost a perfect fit, strip any foam liner, add pads to suit head shape and size

kinda stealing your post her but i have the same problem in reverse with a 56 cm head, with my last fast helmet i looked like dark helmet  from spaceballs, anybody know where to get them in small? 

6 minutes ago, fredohyeah said:

kinda stealing your post her but i have the same problem in reverse with a 56 cm head, with my last fast helmet i looked like dark helmet  from spaceballs, anybody know where to get them in small? 

It's the same options for you too, an ops-core bumper M would put you at the tighter end and a L would have you at the looser end - it's all about inner adjusters with them. 

I bought a knock off FAST, stripped the inner shell, replaced the straps with ops-core style for the adjustment, and whacked in FMA pads. I also replaced the straps on a MICH clone for the same reason. Both fit me well now and all in cost me about 50 notes. Your best bet is getting into a store to try fits if you really want to find one just right - I don't buy motorcycle helmets online for that reason, manufacturers can change fits at whim, and one manufacturer's inner can be different to another's.

• Supporters

Only thing is the price of OPS-CORE helmets ! Your not getting any change out of £350 ! 

16 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Only thing is the price of OPS-CORE helmets ! Your not getting any change out of £350 ! 

This is very true, hence I spent about 50 with 2 cheap clones and upgrade parts!

• Supporters

Saying that though I have noticed mk7 helmets are starting to appearing on fleabay for well well under a ton , a large one of those would work fine and there not that heavy as helmets go .👍

I was in a similar situation to you Gimli and I found out about this.

I can't recall off the top of my head how long it took to turn up but so far it appears to be good quality, it's a good fit for my noggin and it's very comfortable.

I realise that it's not a FAST Helment but it definitely does the job.

Edit: I own the Version 1 helmet as this is what was available at the time.

I have a FMA Maritime helmet...like you I have a large head.  I had to cut down the front foam pads to get it to fit and it's nice and snug now....I only use it for CQB and it gets very sweaty wearing it.

• Supporters

FOr those not wanting to drop real OpsCore money, I have a 61cm head. The FMA L/XL FAST fits well, the Maritime is ...snug. I swapped out the liner for the FMA lux liner and cut down the pads, now it fits nicely. I've also just bought an FMA EXF Bump (the new one with just pads) and that fits very nicely!

• Supporters
15 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Saying that though I have noticed mk7 helmets are starting to appearing on fleabay for well well under a ton , a large one of those would work fine and there not that heavy as helmets go .👍

Ordered one myself a couple days ago for £37. As I've only ever seen them at £100+ I couldn't pass up the opportunity. 

• Supporters

Here you go bud , if this don’t fit , your a freak ! 😂😂😂

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/helmet-protection/fast-ballistic-helmet-replica-l-xl-size-dark-earth-fma?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Got others styles and colors as well .👍

Just now, Druid799 said:

Here you go bud , if this don’t fit , your a freak ! 😂😂😂

http://www.taiwangun.com/en/helmet-protection/fast-ballistic-helmet-replica-l-xl-size-dark-earth-fma?from=listing&campaign-id=19

Got others styles and colors as well .👍

Given he has a 62cm circumference head and the helmet is advertised as 61cm max... I think he may struggle with that ;)

I had a Nuprol one suitable for up to  61cm (I measure 62.5cm) and while I could get it on, within minutes it was giving pressure headaches and on top of that it left a lovely pattern on my fod 😂

I've a large noggin, I bought an FMA Maritime helmet which says for 61/62cm. Did it fit? Yes (just) but like the above post it wasn't comfortable at all as the helmet liner pads where a dense polystyrene and had no real ability to compress to any shape. So I bought a pack of memory foam helmet pads (meant for a PAGST helmet) and they give much more room and comfort.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, FreeFrag.UK said:

Given he has a 62cm circumference head and the helmet is advertised as 61cm max... I think he may struggle with that ;)

I had a Nuprol one suitable for up to  61cm (I measure 62.5cm) and while I could get it on, within minutes it was giving pressure headaches and on top of that it left a lovely pattern on my fod 😂

Very true it does say 61 and he’s a 62 BUT if you look at the pics it actually comes with the memory foam pads and not the styrofoam ones (and I know this is correct as I already have one !😁) so it can be adjusted to fit comfortably! Huzzah ! 😂

23 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Very true it does say 61 and he’s a 62 BUT if you look at the pics it actually comes with the memory foam pads and not the styrofoam ones (and I know this is correct as I already have one !😁) so it can be adjusted to fit comfortably! Huzzah ! 😂

fingers crossed, need that extra protection, i'm in the habit of having my forehead smashed in by snipers when i pop over cover haha

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Gimli said:

fingers crossed, need that extra protection, i'm in the habit of having my forehead smashed in by snipers when i pop over cover haha

My son has a ridiculously big melon and one of these fitted him fine after we ‘fine tuned’ the pad layout in it 😉

we found best way was normal padding at the front and very minimal at the back as the adjustment band held his head fine 👍

Archived