JG G36 V3 Problem!!!

MightyZagorec
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello everyone, first forgive me for my bad English
I bought JG G36 and a breakdown had just happened.
The spring is always stuck in the cylinder at the moment when it should crack,
I've been relasing antireversal latch   many times but this is still happening.

I opened it and everything was ok, plenty of lubricant, cylinder great,
Do you have any advice what to do?
Maybe motor is high or low?

• Supporters

is the motor jamming at this point or does the motor spin but the piston stay locked back?

i've had problems in the past with an fps downgrade where a slightly larger diameter spring has caused issues with the piston locking back leaving the motor to spin freely.

Dose it happen in both Semi and Full Auto ? also what battery are you using and are you sure it is ok and fully charged ? - i presume you have had it working ok since you purchased it ?

• Supporters

How is the shimming?  is there a little free play in each gear when the gearbox is screwed together?

For what it's worth, my JG G36C has also locked up once when firing on semi, with a fully charged 7.4V lipo battery.  The motor has always sounded like it's struggling a little.  I suspect that it may simply not be powerful enough, although I'm minded to replace the wiring and throw in a basic MOSFET before replacing the motor.

When is in auto then dont lock so often but it lock sometimes, but in semi lock every shot, i will order new piston and try to adjust motor height, if that is not enough then i am done with airsoft... btw when i get new one (from gunfire. pl) i unpack gun and i try to shot, it shoot 3 times and lock, my fuse burned soo now i dont even have one, i shot without it...i had garantie 12 months, but i need to pay shipment 30€. 

• Supporters

Wait. Firstly, take a photo of the gear box and post it here. Let us know what you have changed.  Maybe a video of the noise and the problem?

I suspect it’s something as simple as the gears and piston are not lined up properly, or there could be some damage, but it is impossible to say without a picture.

Pay the shipping, Send it back.

Tell them the gearbox is locking up. And failing to fully cycle. It has blown the fuse as well, You replaced the fuse and it blew it again. So you have sent it with the original blown fuse installed.

If it's faulty GF.pl will credit your account with the shipping costs. And offer either a repair/replace or exchange.

https://gunfire.com/en/about/returns-and-complaints-832.html

1. After signing in or registering, click PLACE A COMPLAINT. Alternatively, you may go straight to http://gunfire.pl/rma/. You will be redirected to a RMA form which will allow you to generate your complaint. Generate a complaint document using the RMA system.
2. Put the product into its original packaging (if you still have it) and include a purchase document (invoice/receipt).
3. Place the RMA number onto the outside of the package (in several places best). The RMA number will be given by the system upon filling the RMA form.
4. Type address on the package and let us know via phone or e-mail that package is ready and you would like to have courier return service or that you are going to send the package on your own (after that send us receipt for the shipping so we could refund your costs - to the max. value of our shipping service😞

GFCorp, Serwis Glowny
Jana Długosza 42-46
51-162 Wrocław

(POLAND)

• Supporters

That just shows the gearbox is locking up. 

You have two choices now. Either send it back like @Iceni has said, or you take the matter into your own hands and fix it yourself. 

If your going to fix it yourself,  take a photo of inside the gearbox. Try to get a good high def pic and we shall try to help you.

I can't be sure but a quick look at the video at 0:24 i looks like the sector gear bush is worn i can see what looks like a gap ? so as Prisce said might be your gears not aligned 

Also are they plastic Bushes ? 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, madmogga said:

a quick look at the video

That's not OP's video, that's just a random JG G36 gearbox that locked up 6 1/2 years ago.  It doesn't help us diagnose why OP's gearbox keeps doing it.

16 hours ago, Rogerborg said:

That's not OP's video, that's just a random JG G36 gearbox that locked up 6 1/2 years ago.  It doesn't help us diagnose why OP's gearbox keeps doing it.

woops that will teach me to watch videos during my lunch and not to read to comments  😀

• Supporters

If you put both halves back together, and press the Air Nozzle, what happens? 

How many teeth on your piston?

Yes it has spring guide(fps change) 

First spring, i think 15 teths. 

I think i solved problem... there was a bunch of bushings, so i take away some, on every gear just 2,i try again and now gun never lock, watafaq... is that posible? 

btw, if i press air nozle its going in like im firing 

Over-shimmed sector gear.

That black mark on the gear, and the scrub marks on the outside of the tappet plate tell me you had too  many shims on the underside of the sector gear. That would cause gearbox lockups.

Removing shims is the easy fix. It wants shimming correctly from pinion to sector.

It's a fairly common fault on v3 gearboxes that have been badly shimmed, Easy to fix. It certainly didn't come from the factory over-shimmed. JG generally don't put enough in at the factory to save costs!

Those shims look like cheap washers to me... Did you order shims or just find washers that fit the shafts? With that level of over-shimming  you are lucky you haven't cracked one of the gearbox shells.

I'm also not convinced the root cause has been found, If it was locking before you opened it and over-shimmed it there is still that problem waiting for you.

DSC_1205.JPG

• Supporters
59 minutes ago, MightyZagorec said:

how to set motor height right 😕

Screw it in until shooting it sounds rough and grindy a bit. Then turn about half a turn out, the sound of it should be the least whiny about there. So you basically listen for the smoothest motor sound and go in about quarter turns.

Motor height is done both with shims and the screw on the bottom of the motor cage (it's a very tiny allen key central to the motor shaft on the cage).

Trouble is you need to correct the shimming before you can set the height.

Fortunately it's a caged motor but you will have to open the gearbox again.

My advice is send the gearbox to someone that knows what there doing. Have them service and shim the gearbox.

If you want to do it yourself then you will need to order some proper shims.

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/bushings-shims/shs-ra-shim-set

Order 2 sets. So you have plenty of spares. You will find that you get a selection of 3 sizes and there all thinner than the "shims" that gearbox has in it.

Octagon: 0.1mm x 9pcs
Circle: 0.15mm x 9pcs
Red Circle: 0.2mm x 9pcs

To set the pinion to bevel gear. You need to use a system of trial and improvement.

Put in the bevel gear with no shims onto the upper shell. Drop on the motor cage. Wind the motor in till it looks right over the gear. Remove the cage add shims to bring the gear up to the pinion. Test again and move the motor. Once you have the perfect mesh on the pinion and bevel gear that is the motor height and bevel adjusted.

You then remove the motor and shim the bottom side of the bevel gear so it has no side to side movement, but is still able to spin completely freely. Put the bevel gear shims in a safe spot.

You then do the same with the spur gear. But this time you will drop in the spur, then the bevel gear with the shims on the lower gearbox half. Shim up the spur so it has full engagement on the bevel gear, Then drop on the upper half and shim the gear to the shells so it has no side to side movement but still moves freely.

You then do the same thing to the sector gear. Start with the lower shell and set it to the spur gear. The sector gear wants to ride as low as possible to the lower gearbox half, without binding on the spur and COL. Once that's right you need to set the upper shimming on the gear to the upper shell. It wants to have no side to side movement but still move freely.

Once all of those gears are set you need to build the gearbox without the cylinder, piston and tappet plate. Check all the gears spin well and have no side to side movement.

Then rebuild it again with the tappet plate added. Check the tappet plate doesn't stop or slow the gears.

Then rebuild it again with the piston and cylinder.

If you don't understand that..... Send the gearbox out to a tech for a proper service and shim.

On 14/10/2018 at 01:45, Iceni said:

I'm also not convinced the root cause has been found, If it was locking before you opened it and over-shimmed it there is still that problem waiting for you.

so going back to my original question was the gun working when you got it ? - if it was then what have you done or changed since - because a gearbox dose not just develop  a bad shim job 

Archived